fight the flab

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: fight the flab

Post by Beefheart » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 am

thebish wrote:weigh day number three... am now reaching for fractions of pounds!! lost 1.4pounds this week - which is still in the right direction! :D

(quite a few to go before the old me is revealed!)
Just a point, are you weighing yourself at the same time of day each time? You'll be heavier in the evening than the morning.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 am

Beefheart wrote:
thebish wrote:weigh day number three... am now reaching for fractions of pounds!! lost 1.4pounds this week - which is still in the right direction! :D

Just a point, are you weighing yourself at the same time of day each time? You'll be heavier in the evening than the morning.
yeah - morning - pre-breakfast - pre-poo - same day, once a week (Tuesday).

of course I could weigh myself post-poo and weigh a little less - but I'm not that obsessed! :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 am

thebish wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

of course I could weigh myself post-poo and weigh a little less - but I'm not that obsessed! :D
For consistency's sake you should really do it fully evacuated, poo and peewise.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:31 am

you'll be telling me I should take my hiking boots and heavy solid gold hat off next :roll:

also - i don't think the weekly fluctuations in my poo-weight are statistically significant enough for the accuracy I am happy with!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 am

thebish wrote:you'll be telling me I should take my hiking boots and heavy solid gold hat off next :roll:
Well yes, you need to do it naked obviously, unless of course you wear the same set of underpants and socks every morning. Plus if you grow your hair then when you cut it be sure to have it weighed and you can work out retrospectively how much extra weight you lost each day by dividing the weight of the cut hair by each day you grew it. That gives you even more incentive because you actually know you are lighter than what you weigh due to the extra day's hair growth. if you live in a toxic heavy metal environment (like the lead mines here near me, or the tin mines of Cornwall) your hair and fingernails can accumulate vast quantities of masive compounds and add as much as 0.001 gram per day to your weight....
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

For consistency's sake you should really do it fully evacuated, poo and peewise.
Does poo weigh anything? I know it has mass, but is it reflected in the number on the scales?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:you'll be telling me I should take my hiking boots and heavy solid gold hat off next :roll:
Well yes, you need to do it naked obviously, unless of course you wear the same set of underpants and socks every morning.
socks - in the morning??? what's wrong with you, man???? 8)

also - i don't think there is any statistically significant weight difference in my various pairs of pants.

(apart from the lead-lined ones, of course - but I only wear those when reading Hoboh's posts..)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

Beefheart wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Beefheart wrote:

Does poo weigh anything? I know it has mass, but is it reflected in the number on the scales?
Depends on the previous night's meal... a bloody good Vindaloo with nan, poppadums, extra rice and finished off with a rum baba can weigh up to five pounds man! f i v e pounds: that's like 2.5kg!!!
In space, heading towards the moon on the Apollo flights the main engines had to fire an extra 0.2 second burst for mid-flight course corrections due to the unexpected accumulation of all the poo the three astronauts had collected. (An engineer had calculated the mass of the food but had subtracted it each day with adjustments because he thought the poo would be jettisoned, but however, another engineer had calculated that the force of jettisoning all those turds would upset the calculated path, and if it wasn't forcefully ejected then the spacecraft would be surrounded by a sea of floating detritus, so it was kept aboard (in bags), upsetting the main engine firing equations.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 am

Anyway, I'm still hovering a full six pounds above my random target of less than ten stone. It's getting very fecking frustrating. I had a bag of crisps this morning - I shouldn't have but the temptation of trying Walkers "Cheesy Beans on Toast" flavour was too much. (excellent they were too, I shall be voting for that flavour in the poll - and complaining about the "Ranch Racoon" flavour - we have enough flavours without resort to harvesting Racoon thank you very much).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Depends on the previous night's meal... a bloody good Vindaloo with nan, poppadums, extra rice and finished off with a rum baba can weigh up to five pounds man! f i v e pounds: that's like 2.5kg!!!

hmmm... given i am counting calories - then i think i can discount this scenario. for my purposes - what would matter (for consistency) would not be the weight of the poo per-se - but the fluctuation in the weight of my poo between any two Tuesdays. I don't think it is statistically significant given that my diet is currently quite predictable and stable.

i don't have the office poo-problems that you seem to encounter!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:43 am

How much weight is lost from a colonic irrigation?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:35 pm

jaffka wrote:How much weight is lost from a colonic irrigation?
If you've had a full squeeze prior, then mere ounces. The bowel isn't stuffed to the gunnels, it's only the last bit of the large intestine that fills up with brown stuff, and there's not much place to hide extraneous bits of doo-doo in there. Colonic irrigation is a mere surface buff and polish as it were.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Not much weight but plenty of pounds.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Just read through this

thebish is 14 stone and 5 9 with a BMI of 25?

And the fella who wants to be 10 stone...why ffs

Are you 4 foot 6?

BMI has my target weight as 9 7 to 13 stone

I'll have been dead years before I hit 9 7
Sto ut Serviam

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:07 pm

My old business partner's wife used to have these every couple of months. 60 quid, but she reckoned she felt like a million dollars afterwards for 3 or 4 days. I'm not sure that's enough incentive for me to be honest.............
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:10 pm

am just printing up some pictionary cards with phrases for the games section of an old-folks holiday club we are running..

I reckon I might put Colonic Irrigation on there - brighten up procedings!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:11 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Just read through this

Are you 4 foot 6?

It's been discussed before I'm sure but BMI is a big bag of bollocks. I am 5'11'' (and a bit) and weigh 12.5 stone. By BMI has me, at 24.5, borderline obese. Bollocks.

Go for your body fat index instead, but you need better scales.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 6100,d.ZGU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

It's been discussed before I'm sure but BMI is a big bag of bollocks. I am 5'11'' (and a bit) and weigh 12.5 stone. By BMI has me, at 24.5, borderline obese. Bollocks.

you're just in denial - you're a step away from fat frank!

my scales claim to be able to measure body fat - but I am sceptical that scales can really offer an accurate picture...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

you're just in denial - you're a step away from fat frank!

my scales claim to be able to measure body fat - but I am sceptical that scales can really offer an accurate picture...
I have been. Literally. It's not pleasant. :?

The scale sends an electrical impulse through your body, which travels through fat and muscle differently, to give you a more accurate read. As muscle weighs more than fat my BMI reading is skewed because I train so much.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Just read through this

Are you 4 foot 6?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 6100,d.ZGU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never tried that before but BMI converter has me at 27.7 - overweight but not obese while your 24.5 would be normal. Take my advice, Gary - use a US converter - they have a greater tolerance for those extra tons....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.