The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:37 pm

(NewsThump)

Everyone furious as agnostic republican doesn’t sing song about God rescuing a monarch...

People across the country were left confused and frightened today after a man who isn’t a massive fan of the queen didn’t sing a song about how terrific she is.

Jeremy Corbyn, who now splits his duties between leading the Labour Party and driving a ghost train, attended a service in memorial of those who served in the Battle of Britain.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Prufrock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:^^ ah, but ... apparently from now on he's going to sing it "Labour sources confirm".

Fckg turncoat.
Yeah I saw that. Seems the worst of both worlds. They'll now be able to call him a flip-flopper who gives up on his principles. Some people seem genuinely to give a shit about this too. Already seen the Facebook posts doing the rounds bidding people to share flyers about how Corbyn "hates Britain". Bloody Ralph Miliband!

He needs a media team. Doesn't have anyone at all apparently, just two poor bastards from HQ.
Yep. He's never had to deal with Real Politik before. The seems to have been a good deal of looking the other way/we'll cross that bridge when we get to it going on to get people to join the Shadow Cabinet.

So lots of flouncing about to be done in coming weeks & months.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:47 pm

well - the day you find me calling for a phallanx of spin-doctors to save us all will be a sad day....

what Britain really needs is more spin-doctors.. YAY!! :?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Spin Doctors are caesious.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Spin Doctors are caesious.
so good you could eat a whole one???

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:32 pm

looking at this photo - it's far from obvious that mad-leftie-evil-child-slayer Corbyn was the only one not singing....

who are the others?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:04 pm

I never sing in church or anywhere bloody else come to that. Neither anthem, hymn, nor carol. I don't even pretend to. It's mostly to do with the noise that emanates when I do... I'd make the chumps that think they're great but aren't on the X factor (you know the ones who are deliberately highlighted because of how shit they are) sound like Divas. Maybe Jezza is equally afflicted and it's nowt to do with his 'republicanism'
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:16 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Spin Doctors are caesious.
so good you could eat a whole one???
Nope, nobody in their right mind would do that... no, they're blue and waxy coated. Another word that suits them is oligineous. Caesious and oligineous spin doctors.

(and weasely)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Having achieved victory in the leadership election simply because he's not 'one of them', the worst thing he could possibly do is fall into line.

His one real strength is that he's a man of principle, with a degree of integrity. He either comes out fighting as such, or he may as well pack his bag and f*ck off today.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:46 pm

thebish wrote:looking at this photo - it's far from obvious that mad-leftie-evil-child-slayer Corbyn was the only one not singing....

who are the others?

Dunno, but her on the far left (of the picture, I mean!) would get a proper good fingerin'
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:28 am

I'm not Corbyn's biggest fan but not singing the national anthem only puts him up in my estimation.

Also his PMQ's were a stroke of genius. I do like all the Tories saying how Cameron felt sorry for him. Corbyn played a clever game, disarm Cameron and take him off guard. The real test will be when required can Corbyn nail Cameron, and to be honest that isn't that difficult to do as Cameron is not the brightest bulb in the box.

The fact remains he is totally unelectable and will not be able to win the public over. My question to those more invested in these things than I am *cough Bish cough* is there a younger more charismatic, perhaps slightly less controversial option waiting in the wings who could at the right moment take over from Corbyn? Bit like Blair succeeding Smith (although hopefully not in the same circumstances).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I'm not Corbyn's biggest fan but not singing the national anthem only puts him up in my estimation.

Also his PMQ's were a stroke of genius. I do like all the Tories saying how Cameron felt sorry for him. Corbyn played a clever game, disarm Cameron and take him off guard. The real test will be when required can Corbyn nail Cameron, and to be honest that isn't that difficult to do as Cameron is not the brightest bulb in the box.

The fact remains he is totally unelectable and will not be able to win the public over. My question to those more invested in these things than I am *cough Bish cough* is there a younger more charismatic, perhaps slightly less controversial option waiting in the wings who could at the right moment take over from Corbyn? Bit like Blair succeeding Smith (although hopefully not in the same circumstances).
in what way do you reckon I am more invested than you? you've certainly written more words about it than I have!

I don't think there is an obvious Corbyn junior, but I wouldn't be surprised if one (or more) emerged now that the party is more open to left-of-centre-right views...

I think there are definitely NON-corbyn types hoping to fly in... not least Milliband major - and maybe Keir Starmer (who would bring Pru drooling back to the barricades!)

I suspect they are thinking that when it goes tits up (certainly possible) then they really will look like God-incarnate by comparison...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I'm not Corbyn's biggest fan but not singing the national anthem only puts him up in my estimation.

Ok, we get you are a roundhead but it does piss off those who actually like having the queen as head of state rather than the prospect of a possible President Korbinov!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:53 am

Hoboh wrote:
Ok, we get you are a roundhead but it does piss off those who actually like having the queen as head of state rather than the prospect of a possible President Korbinov!
why? why can't those who love the monarchy simply love the monarchy? nobody is stopping them!! why must everyone else love the monarchy?

does someone simply having a different view and not stopping you having yours REALLY piss you off? If so - you are FAR too easily pissed off! CHILL!! it's not good for your nerves or your blood pressure! :conf:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:57 am

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... il-changes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comrade Korbinov is really turning into a bit of a picky prick!
So much for actually dealing with serious matters.
Busy being an ex-Soviet, destroy the establishment of the west, tool he is.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:08 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
why? why can't those who love the monarchy simply love the monarchy? nobody is stopping them!! why must everyone else love the monarchy?

does someone simply having a different view and not stopping you having yours REALLY piss you off? If so - you are FAR too easily pissed off! CHILL!! it's not good for your nerves or your blood pressure! :conf:
When a bellend like Korbinov is in a public position as official leader of the opposition, claiming to be inclusive of all everyone including IRA hero's, Hamas, Hezbollah leaders cannot, at a sombre national event bring himself to sing the national anthem (and given Korbinov's disdain for the armed forces he perhaps shouldn't be there anyway) it's a sad moment and a defining one.
Sorry Korbinov the USSR no longer exists and Marxist failed policies are not any longer relevant, you and the dinosaur politburo unions are a mere distraction in a slight re-aligning of politics.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:12 am

Hoboh wrote: Marxist failed policies are not any longer relevant, you and the dinosaur politburo unions are a mere distraction in a slight re-aligning of politics.

which ones did you have in mind, specifically?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:47 pm

thebish wrote:

in what way do you reckon I am more invested than you? you've certainly written more words about it than I have!

I don't think there is an obvious Corbyn junior, but I wouldn't be surprised if one (or more) emerged now that the party is more open to left-of-centre-right views...

I think there are definitely NON-corbyn types hoping to fly in... not least Milliband major - and maybe Keir Starmer (who would bring Pru drooling back to the barricades!)

I suspect they are thinking that when it goes tits up (certainly possible) then they really will look like God-incarnate by comparison...
Thanks. I merely meant I don't follow the complexities of the Labour party so closely as I'm no longer a member and just had the impression your knowledge was greater than mine!

The ideal would be someone younger, not quite as left leaning as Corbyn, but someone who could maintain the direction towards, fairer, less confrontational and more helpful politics. But I just wondered if there was an obvious successor who might be able to continue a broad path but clean up some of the more obviously unappealing elements. And perhaps just be perceived (at least) slightly more credibly economically speaking.....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Not took comrade Korbinov long to toe the Merkel line, she must have been in touch with the NSA for his number.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... t-59711339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:56 pm

All this political talk is well and good; but what about the Tiger!!!?? :conf: