The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Fcuk me!
Reading some people's excuses on here for terrorist supporting, British hating, vile specimens of the human race that are currently running the upper echelons of the Labour party are enough to make one physically sick!

Comrade Corbyn, bend over and take one off anybody because he's right about everything, mere matters like collective cabinet views making policy are only good when right out of the Trotsky manual for dictatorship, the workers happy under the freedoms the brothers allow.
World terrorist problem including a good number of the workers killed by them, call up the UN? ffs the same UN that sends peace keepers who sit in their bases watching mass murder and genocide then have to be bailed out by someone's army, why not call the WRVS instead! Corbyn must be very upset his former keepers no longer exist and the replacement Russia is doing the opposite of his wishes.

Old McDonnell..d is busy setting up 'Manor Farm' whilst making a complete tool of himself

Jabbott the hutt Is running around protecting her little snake, ex lover, whilst supporting anything that may destroy the British culture and way of live.

Fcuking Livingstone
I just hope one day the discredited (in his latest view) armed forces are expected to pull this excuse of a sponging, back stabbing, vile piece of shit, out of some hostage situation and aim slightly wrong when he's in sight.

Thank feck the labour party is doomed for a couple of decades at least now, You can have all the members you have got, nothing like keeping the dickheads in one place, 100,000 is not the 9 or 10 million voters you need to win a handsome majority, more so with boundary changes, you should have left your Trotsky's festering in the vault!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:17 pm

^ well argued! I'm convinced! :oyea:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:22 pm

thebish wrote:^ well argued! I'm convinced! :oyea:
I gave up on you years ago, I not bothered who is convinced, maybe I should have put it in the angry thread.

See the lefties have had a mass demonstration
About 4,000 people attended the demonstration. Stop the War said before the event they expected up to 8,000 people to take part.
I'm awaiting some Trotsky scumbag posting somewhere next week about the hundreds of thousands that took part :lol:

Nice Black placards, hint of ISIS about them!
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... s-on-syria" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:36 pm

I have it on exceptionally good authority that there exists a video of Mr Corbyn & Ms Abbott in a state of activity whilst undressed.

It will come to light sooner or later. I may need to be out of the Country for that one.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Hoboh wrote:Fcuk me!
Reading some people's excuses on here for terrorist supporting, British hating, vile specimens of the human race that are currently running the upper echelons of the Labour party are enough to make one physically sick!

Comrade Corbyn, bend over and take one off anybody because he's right about everything, mere matters like collective cabinet views making policy are only good when right out of the Trotsky manual for dictatorship, the workers happy under the freedoms the brothers allow.
World terrorist problem including a good number of the workers killed by them, call up the UN? ffs the same UN that sends peace keepers who sit in their bases watching mass murder and genocide then have to be bailed out by someone's army, why not call the WRVS instead! Corbyn must be very upset his former keepers no longer exist and the replacement Russia is doing the opposite of his wishes.

Old McDonnell..d is busy setting up 'Manor Farm' whilst making a complete tool of himself

Jabbott the hutt Is running around protecting her little snake, ex lover, whilst supporting anything that may destroy the British culture and way of live.

Fcuking Livingstone
I just hope one day the discredited (in his latest view) armed forces are expected to pull this excuse of a sponging, back stabbing, vile piece of shit, out of some hostage situation and aim slightly wrong when he's in sight.

Thank feck the labour party is doomed for a couple of decades at least now, You can have all the members you have got, nothing like keeping the dickheads in one place, 100,000 is not the 9 or 10 million voters you need to win a handsome majority, more so with boundary changes, you should have left your Trotsky's festering in the vault!
Which of that lot have been posting excuses for terrorists on here? :conf:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:11 pm

As someone who's opposed to us bombing Syria, I'm glad there are people in the upper echelons of the Labour party that share this view, as opposed to those New labour, Blairite types trying to wrestle the middle ground from the Tories.

Isis are in the same villages and towns they were in prior to the Paris attacks. Villages and towns with many men, women and children opposed to their regime and oppressed and living in fear. Creating several more innocent victims serves no ones interest.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:As someone who's opposed to us bombing Syria, I'm glad there are people in the upper echelons of the Labour party that share this view, as opposed to those New labour, Blairite types trying to wrestle the middle ground from the Tories.

Isis are in the same villages and towns they were in prior to the Paris attacks. Villages and towns with many men, women and children opposed to their regime and oppressed and living in fear. Creating several more innocent victims serves no ones interest.
actually - to be fair - it does... it generally serves isis's interests allowing them to perpetuate the idea that Muslims are at war with the west because the west are killers... how else would they recruit?

Jürgen Todenhöfer is a German politician and author. He spent 10 days embedded with Islamic State fighters in Iraq and Syria in 2014... he wrote this:
As I learned from spending time interviewing Islamic State members in Syria and northern Iraq, George W Bush’s “war on terror” turned out to be a classic terrorist recruitment programme of this kind. In 2001 there were roughly a couple of hundred terrorists in the mountains of the Hindu Kush who posed a threat to the international community. Now, after the war on terror has claimed what some estimate to be as many as one million Iraqi lives, we are facing some 100,000 terrorists. Isis was created six months after the start of the invasion: it is Bush’s baby. How can it be that leading politicians learned nothing from 14 years of counterproductive anti-terror wars?

France is currently bombing everything that looks like camps or barracks: small factories, communal buildings, hospitals. The majority of the Arab world has seen photos of dead children in Raqqa – Isis is doing everything it can to spread them. And for every dead child, there will be new terrorists. War is a boomerang, and it will come to hit us back in the form of terrorism.
full article here: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... al-partner

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:44 pm

For what it's worth, probably to some people's surprise, and for different reasons I'm not sure that adding to the bombing is a great idea.

In my case I don't want the West (& Russia) to go without a plan of what to do next. We did in Iraq. Booted out a vile & obnoxious man & his entourage with no idea how to fill the void. There was some half-arsed bllx about a grateful bunch of freed up people simply rushing to have a nice, new Western democracy.

Having learnt f'call.we did it again in Libya. In this case ... horrific as Assad has been there had remained some semblance that he could hold off ISIS. Sometimes realpolitik comes into play. What will replace him if/when he goes. If we'd bombed 2-3 years ago the rebels would have gone in only to be overrun by Daesh.

There are many other aspects but that's mine.

However, it's clear now that we will.

People ask "will it make us safer ?", "will it make a British Paris or repeat of 7/7 less or more likely". I'm convinced that in short and medium term it will made ZERO difference. If something eventually does arise all sorts of people will blame our involvement. That'll be bllx. The death cult is set in its attitudes and it's long term plan. Nothing we do will change that, nor prevent the feeble-minded joining it and supporting it.

What is needed is a concerted and united response from all sides to squash Daesh. With that in it ... with a plan ... I'd support it. This monstrous death cult has to be destroyed.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:50 pm

bobo the clown wrote:For what it's worth, probably to some people's surprise, and for different reasons I'm not sure that adding to the bombing is a great idea.

then you join the rest of us - Hoboh excepted - as a friend of the terrorists, you pinko terrorism-excusing jihadi-lover. :D

(BTW - what you're writing there is very, very close to what Corbyn is saying.)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:34 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:For what it's worth, probably to some people's surprise, and for different reasons I'm not sure that adding to the bombing is a great idea.

then you join the rest of us - Hoboh excepted - as a friend of the terrorists, you pinko terrorism-excusing jihadi-lover. :D

(BTW - what you're writing there is very, very close to what Corbyn is saying.)
It's a million miles away as I AM actually saying something whilst he's going about his business as a LEADER actually saying f'call .... & he's a coniving prick.

In the end I would bomb .... I just want a global coalition to wipe these fkrs off the face of the Earth. I KNOW some innocents will be killed .... but many, many more will be in due course if this lot aren't stopped.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:04 pm

others are equally cross and grumpy to find themselves in agreement with Corbyn's stance...

The Daily Mail is "sickened" to find itself in the same camp as the Labour leader but agrees that Mr Cameron has not yet made the case. Peter Oborne writes in the paper that the debate was Mr Corbyn's "finest hour".

He says: "He excelled in the Commons debate over Syria, coming over as statesmanlike, eloquent and well-informed... If the bombing of Syria does turn out to be the issue that finally breaks Corbyn's leadership, he could not have been defeated in a more honourable cause."

meanwhile, polling suggests that there is, as yet, no UK majority of public opinion in favour of our joining the bombing...

personally - given that this issue was not a matter of party manifesto pledge, I think this should be subject to a free vote in the commons, with MPs making every effort to represent their electorate - as is supposed to be the job of an MP...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm far from in 'Camp Corbyn' and I don't see the need for us to bomb Syria either, the Russians will deal with all the jihadists in time, there is no such thing by nature as 'friendly jihadists'.
We might as well admit that on the air assault front we have not got the capacity to do very much to anyone in an offensive role these days, the fcuking morons that used a peaceful Europe as an excuse not to replace our long distance bomber fleet saw to that.
Do I have any sympathy for these innocent civilians caught up in this over there? A little, but it is fading by the day, after all we are told they are all educated clever people (at least by the pinko lefties) who allowed all these nutters to fester in their midst and they are now paying the price for their adherence to a belief in fairies and a particularly nasty war lord. These people treat anyone with contempt, do not fit into a modern world with rights for various oppressed or abused folk such as women and gays etc. clearly they want to export their own ways and expect us to bend over before it.
As for that vile piece of dung Livingstone, it is not the British servicemen who are discredited in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. it is the labour party who sent them there, you know Ken the party you have been proud to be associated with for all these years, or are you and the Corbyn types really the enemy within?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Last Sunday, 22 November, I read an article in the Telegraph by Michael Deacon where he said (I paraphrase) "last week was the Labour Party's worst ever week. Surpassing it's previous worst week, which had been the one 7 days before."

He went on to predict that this honour probably wouldn't last long as he anticipated the week coming would outdo it. .... & he was right. Even in a week which saw Osborne to a U-turn so big it was visible from the moon.

Now the coming week will again outdo all that has gone before it as Corbyn flusters with the mystery of leadership once again. Does he or doesn't he (try to) impose the whip on a matter of concience ? Will he follow up what he agreed in Shadow Cabinet or the letter he so oddly wrote to members seeking support AFTER that agreement ? Will he see a revolt in the PLP .... & a series of Shadow Cabinet resignations ? What will happen when the Oldham by-election result gives Labour a tiny majority ... or even a loss ... to UKIP ?

I'm not, personally, convinced of the case to bomb Syria. Mainly because ... yet again we don't appear to have a plan for after the bombing. But the turmoil this is bringing to the big bag of theory that is Jeremy Corbyn is again now the focus rather than the actual political decision.

I think he doesn't really care. Like thebish I think he's just in a holding mode .... not however awaiting the coming of Kier Starmer or Hillary Benn but the quiet, silent take over of CLP'S by his allies in Momentum (aka 'Militant Tendency') as they home in on the local organisations wherever the MP isn't to their taste. ... & the reality is that, over time,.that will be more or less all of them. That is Corbyn's REAL battleground, not the skies over Syria but the continuing attempt to convert the party to a Trotskyist machine. One I think he will win. Though whether the prize will be worth the battle remains to be seen.

Still, all these meetings do give Diane Abbott time to do her Christmas cards, watch TV and see her son in his private school's Nativity play. Bless her.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Hoboh wrote:Fcuk me!

Fcuking Livingstone

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:14 pm

^^ I think I know that person! :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:23 am

thebish wrote:others are equally cross and grumpy to find themselves in agreement with Corbyn's stance...

The Daily Mail is "sickened" to find itself in the same camp as the Labour leader but agrees that Mr Cameron has not yet made the case. Peter Oborne writes in the paper that the debate was Mr Corbyn's "finest hour".

He says: "He excelled in the Commons debate over Syria, coming over as statesmanlike, eloquent and well-informed... If the bombing of Syria does turn out to be the issue that finally breaks Corbyn's leadership, he could not have been defeated in a more honourable cause."

meanwhile, polling suggests that there is, as yet, no UK majority of public opinion in favour of our joining the bombing...

personally - given that this issue was not a matter of party manifesto pledge, I think this should be subject to a free vote in the commons, with MPs making every effort to represent their electorate - as is supposed to be the job of an MP...
If Oborne agrees with you.....well probably time to re-think....I'd suggest.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:26 am

How can Labour possibly not win the Oldham by-election by a huge majority? Corbyn has re-engaged a tidal wave of disenfranchised lefties and is leading a brave new political revolution?

Who was the guy on here who kept arguing that? I forget....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:29 am

Interesting day ahead.... will Corbyn stick or twist?

STICK - declare a free vote - avoid resignations - risk the charge that the labour party can't even make up its mind over the question whether to go to war - OR await the approval that an MPs job is to represent a constutuency - and the country is deeply divided on this, so it is natural for a political party to reflect that and allow MPS to vote with their conscience tyaking into account local feeling... a gamble... probably resulting in us going to war.

TWIST - enforce a party line and risk a MASSIVE week of resignations and strops from shadow cabinet ministers and front-benchers - have half the shadow cabinet rebel - and still end up going to war - but HOPE that this is the strongest he will ever be in the party and gamble that this is his "clause 4 moment" where he says to the party - OK - come and have a go if you think you're hard enough - and either emerge defeated and disappear - or emerge triumphant and stronger than ever having lanced the opposition in his party that will surely emerge sooner or later in attack - better to take them on now than in 2 years time...

either way - a big gamble - and will make for an interesting week... Corbyn is appealing to the wider party membership OVER the current intake of MPS - he is tiptoeing and sidestepping his way through different levels of "democracy"... which is really the only thing he can do when his intake of MPs is out of step with the wider party membership...

either way - I suspect Cameron will lead us into yet another ill-thought through foreign intervention having learned nothing from Blair (who - incidentally - imposed a whip in this situation and had 140-odd labour MPs defy him.)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:40 am

What I fail to understand is why the Corbyn Trotsky bastards didn't fook off and start their own party if they so hated Labour, two faced springs to mind.
Anyway I've probably better odds on the lottery win than them cnuts of ever forming a government, I suppose we could find a run down farm for them somewhere.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 am

Worthy4England wrote:^^ I think I know that person! :-)
Never be seen dead in a v neck, wear ties to weddings and funerals only and don't wear glasses nor is my other half fcuking ugly, still jog on.