Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Athers wrote:Gotta say Hobinho, I find your point of view pretty incredible.
I think that's what he wants.
fck, Hobo .... I lean to the right, but b-hell !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Athers wrote:Gotta say Hobinho, I find your point of view pretty incredible.
I think that's what he wants.
fck, Hobo .... I lean to the right, but b-hell !
I dress to the left...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Hobinho wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think Hobinho has a point. I mean what with all that rubble over there you could fill in all the pot holes on our roads!

:roll:
Good thinking, reckon the Yanks will bring it over in that big boat they got moored off the coast?

Oh and while we are at it What are the Yanks doing in there so quickly? Goodwill and charity? or could it be down to the fact there are about 45,000 US citizens in there requiring the US airforce to close the airport to aid flights to extract them!!
Real generous stopping aid getting in
so, hobo, there you are in Port au Prince and there's this little girl, say five years old, and it looks like if you gave her a drink from that bottle of water you're carrying, and maybe half of that sandwich, that piece of mango that's still a little chilled that you couldn't finish at breakfast, then she wouldn't die very soon, and, you know, that vulture that looks like it's stalking her, eyes fixed on her, waiting for its moment to have supper might have to find some other meat (there's no shortage after all)... what do you do.

say 'no little foreign girl, who made the mistake of being born in foreign land where buildings fall down... i'm going to eat this supper all myself... because you wouldn't fill in the pot holes in bolton, bad foreign girl, and sometimes my friends on a friday night hasve accidents and cut themselves, and what have you ever done to help them, selfish foreign girl... so get on with being supper for that bird, while i suck my mango...'

hope so - what a proud hobo you'd be... stuck to your principles...

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 pm

ratbert wrote:Not a fishing trip, just someone with no brain.
I think Robson Green put him up to it.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:39 pm

William the White wrote:
Hobinho wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think Hobinho has a point. I mean what with all that rubble over there you could fill in all the pot holes on our roads!

:roll:
Good thinking, reckon the Yanks will bring it over in that big boat they got moored off the coast?

Oh and while we are at it What are the Yanks doing in there so quickly? Goodwill and charity? or could it be down to the fact there are about 45,000 US citizens in there requiring the US airforce to close the airport to aid flights to extract them!!
Real generous stopping aid getting in
so, hobo, there you are in Port au Prince and there's this little girl, say five years old, and it looks like if you gave her a drink from that bottle of water you're carrying, and maybe half of that sandwich, that piece of mango that's still a little chilled that you couldn't finish at breakfast, then she wouldn't die very soon, and, you know, that vulture that looks like it's stalking her, eyes fixed on her, waiting for its moment to have supper might have to find some other meat (there's no shortage after all)... what do you do.

say 'no little foreign girl, who made the mistake of being born in foreign land where buildings fall down... i'm going to eat this supper all myself... because you wouldn't fill in the pot holes in bolton, bad foreign girl, and sometimes my friends on a friday night hasve accidents and cut themselves, and what have you ever done to help them, selfish foreign girl... so get on with being supper for that bird, while i suck my mango...'

hope so - what a proud hobo you'd be... stuck to your principles...

Good God
Was right all along

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am

I'm all for a bit of banter especially with fans from other teams - we've had a couple of good ones on here recently, but I don't particularly want to log on and read:
Probably the best player in your shit history anyway! Inbred c*nts..
Made me angry - which is rare.

Can we deal with this?

Perhaps I'm having a bad day.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 am

Wandering Willy wrote:I'm all for a bit of banter especially with fans from other teams - we've had a couple of good ones on here recently, but I don't particularly want to log on and read:
Probably the best player in your shit history anyway! Inbred c*nts..
Made me angry - which is rare.

Can we deal with this?

Perhaps I'm having a bad day.
Meh, just don't feed the troll and eventually they die.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:28 am

People who let their dogs shxt in the snow and think fxck it, nobody'll know. Snow goes, shxt stays all over the pavements.
Nuisance picking it up, but, your dog = your shxt = your problem. Not in Farnworth apparently.

Surveys that claim things like "70% of women agreed". Probably 20 women speak for the nation then?

The Sun newspaper. Wife insists she likes the crosswords. The rest is cover to cover absolute bullshxt of the very worst sort of "journalism" imaginable, blatantly lying headlines and intelligence insulting tripe.

There...that's better. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Oh dear :oops: I think I may have wrote my little rant a tad better on reflection!

I am not completely heartless, I do feel sorry for the predicament the Haitian population has had inflicted upon it, I have no objection to anyone making a personal donation to any rescue/relief/aid assistance, it is the use of public funds, raised in taxes by a government elected by the UK population to protect and look after us I do not like.
Hell I could be more than happy to give your money to such causes but to me that is not what a government is about!
If our armed forces were not in the overstreched position they are currently in it would be more than agreeable to send them, Soldiers/medics/engineers/planes/helicopters etc to distibute aid and assist the Haitian Government maintain law and order. We pay our forces wars or no wars so a bit of real hands on logistics etc could be classed as good training under realistic conditions and serve a good purpose.
Before anyone chips in with "the Americans are doing this" I would seriously question US involvement over there.
The USS Carl Vinson and its assorted flotilla along with the amphibious assault carrier carrying 2,000 marines on board are hardly a humanitarian aid force, add to this the deployment of an extra 7,500 marines announced it looks nothing other than an invasion of Haiti under the cloak of aid.
Why? 45,000 US citizens and a very close proximity to Cuba might provide some clues.
There are plenty of NGO's around and Tax payers are supporting directly/indirectly emergency personel in the form of rescue services from the emergency services and giving generously to various charities, we do not need our government lobbing cash for our welfare and security all round the world.
I apologize if I have upset anyone on here given the horrendus scale of events in Haiti, I was only putting a view.
Last edited by Hoboh on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm

you didnt upset me, infact - i went and took back that tenner i donated!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

... the way everyone, absolutely everyone, involved in footbll today says " ... this football club ..." rather than "this club", "here", or "at (Bolton)".

Hardly up there with the Haiti Earthquake, but it's really fckg irritating me to hear this every time there's a football interview.

If you've not noticed it, then I apologise, coz you will from now on.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:57 pm

To Hobinho

There are fire fighters from the North West over there now, doing a tiring, brave, skilled job... I'm very proud of them, even though there's a risk of a fire in Wigan that they might be needed for... and the government is paying for them... good...

We have some astonishing skilled people who make themselves available for emergencies, at the risk to their own lives. British doctors and nurses in Medecin Sans Frontieres. And - fairly new, but fantastic, British Engineers in a newish organistation called RED-R (Registered Engineers for Disaster Relief) who bring the engineering skills learned at British Universities (at our expense) to aid to flood victims, earthquakes etc. Leading the safe shifting of debris. building 'instant bridges' etc. Government will often need to help - financially - to get there... These are volunteers, bringing assistance to people halfway round the world - in the recent past Turkey, Pakistan, Ceylon and a number of African countries.

I'm really proud of the work they do. I think it's my taxes well spent. And their time and skills well spent. And their priorities well chosen.

On reflection - do you?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:08 pm

In fairness WtW, they'd probably notice the damage done by a fire in Haiti, rather more than one in Wigan.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Them fookin wheel nuts on new cars that you can`t get the fook off when you have a puncture and have to ring the AA up like a big sissy girlie! :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:... the way everyone, absolutely everyone, involved in footbll today says " ... this football club ..." rather than "this club", "here", or "at (Bolton)".

Hardly up there with the Haiti Earthquake, but it's really fckg irritating me to hear this every time there's a football interview.

If you've not noticed it, then I apologise, coz you will from now on.
Bobo, you're my hero. I thought that I must be the only man alive that gets wound off the dial by this. Absolutely bloody infuriating. I thought that I alone sat in front of the television shouting things like "Yes, we know exactly what sort of a fecking club it is you patronising c*nt!!!!"
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Porrohman wrote:Them fookin wheel nuts on new cars that you can`t get the fook off when you have a puncture and have to ring the AA up like a big sissy girlie! :roll:
Ahh, this has happened to me twice now. It's when the alloy fuses (apparently). Don't you feel a proper cock ringing up and saying "I can't get a wheel off"? :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 pm

William the White wrote:To Hobinho

There are fire fighters from the North West over there now, doing a tiring, brave, skilled job... I'm very proud of them, even though there's a risk of a fire in Wigan that they might be needed for... and the government is paying for them... good...

We have some astonishing skilled people who make themselves available for emergencies, at the risk to their own lives. British doctors and nurses in Medecin Sans Frontieres. And - fairly new, but fantastic, British Engineers in a newish organistation called RED-R (Registered Engineers for Disaster Relief) who bring the engineering skills learned at British Universities (at our expense) to aid to flood victims, earthquakes etc. Leading the safe shifting of debris. building 'instant bridges' etc. Government will often need to help - financially - to get there... These are volunteers, bringing assistance to people halfway round the world - in the recent past Turkey, Pakistan, Ceylon and a number of African countries.

I'm really proud of the work they do. I think it's my taxes well spent. And their time and skills well spent. And their priorities well chosen.

On reflection - do you?
All public sector pay settlements capped at 1% for two years from 2011, while recognising the special circumstances of the armed forces.

• Public borrowing to reach £178bn for this year, and fall in subsequent years, reaching £82bn in 2014-15.

• As share of GDP, borrowing will be 12.6% this year, 12% next year, then 9.1%, 7.1%, 5.5% in 2013-14 and falls to 4.4% in 2014-15.

Net debt to reach 56% of GDP this year and increase to 65% next year, and 78% by the end of the forecast period in 2014-15.

• £2.5bn will be set aside for military operations in Afghanistan.

• High-speed broadband to be extended to 90% of population by the end of 2017, funded by 50p-a-month duty on landlines.

• Scheme for bank loans to small businesses to be extended for a further 12 months, guaranteeing a further £500m of loans.

• Commitment that overseas aid would rise to 0.7% of gross national income by 2013 will be honoured.

All from the Governments own pre budget report William, proud of the men who give their time and skill to help? yes but look at those bloody figures!! we will be the ones in need of foreign aid if it carries on like this, just don't hold your breathe waiting for the world to bail us out!!
That's why I get angry.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:... the way everyone, absolutely everyone, involved in footbll today says " ... this football club ..." rather than "this club", "here", or "at (Bolton)".

I'm so glad we can share these irritations on this football forum....

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Hobo, it's all relative - we've pledged $32million, which quite frankly with the figures you've quoted is a drop in the ocean. For a bloody good cause and all.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:17 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:... the way everyone, absolutely everyone, involved in football today says " ... this football club ..." rather than "this club", "here", or "at (Bolton)".
I'm so glad we can share these irritations on this football forum....
Grrrrrr !! Right you ..... Tesco's car park, Saturday, 2pm. JCB's at 30 paces.

Bruce will be my second.

(oh, :wink: )