What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by coffeymagic » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Shit in the Attic, or something. Might see if I've any work emails in prference to watching this utter shite.
I must have told the story on here about when we moved into our house we found piles and piles and piles of copies of 'Bangkok Chick Boys' magazines and 'Animal Fun for Boys!' and Christ knows what.

The old fella who lived there before us was about 90.

My missus nearly did a backwards summersault through the wall when she opened the box with it all in.

Harder to dispose of than you'd imagine.

And 'no' she wouldn't let me keep any.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:49 pm

In a park near a secondary school if you've any sense of civic duty.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:In a park near a secondary school if you've any sense of civic duty.
:lol:

Today's generation wouldn't appreciate it. The internet has made it too easy for them.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Watched The Butler yesterday. Very good film with an all star cast. Slightly rushed I felt and could probably have benefitted from being a half hour longer but an enjoyable watch non the less. Some great cameo roles by Lenny Kravitz & Liev Schreiber (as LBJ) and Alan Rickman & Jane Fonda's Ronald & Nancy Reagan were spookily accurate.

7/10
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Enjoyed The Butler but was disappointed to read it's very loose with he facts and is largely fiction.

Did you spot Mariah Carey!? ( didn't even think she was black btw!?)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:52 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Enjoyed The Butler but was disappointed to read it's very loose with he facts and is largely fiction.

Aye, it was a shame to discover it was fiction. Mariah Carey was a shock. Without wishing to be crude she couldn't even pass for what I imagine a mixed race woman would look like in the 1920s. Odd casting that
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:02 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Enjoyed The Butler but was disappointed to read it's very loose with he facts and is largely fiction.

Mariah Carey is of mixed race. Her father is Afro-Venezuelan.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:51 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Shit in the Attic, or something. Might see if I've any work emails in prference to watching this utter shite.
I must have told the story on here about when we moved into our house we found piles and piles and piles of copies of 'Bangkok Chick Boys' magazines and 'Animal Fun for Boys!' and Christ knows what.

My missus nearly did a backwards summersault through the wall when she opened the box with it all in.

In the recycling bin surely? :D Couple of rainforests went into all them.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:

In the recycling bin surely? :D Couple of rainforests went into all them.
Well ... a lot of wood.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Saw Gravity on Friday night... it had its moments but it's been grossly overrated, including by several of you on here, in my opinion.

The clue's in the title really - it's worth going for a technical masterclass in filming weightlessness, and that's the focus, but that was it for me.

Mainly I thought the script was absolutely dreadful. Clooney and Bullock chatting like strangers on a bus... please. And I hate characters talking aloud when they're on their own, unless it's done really well.

And all this convenient floating around space with a fire extinguisher... really?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:36 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Saw Gravity on Friday night... it had its moments but it's been grossly overrated, including by several of you on here, in my opinion.

The clue's in the title really - it's worth going for a technical masterclass in filming weightlessness, and that's the focus, but that was it for me.

Mainly I thought the script was absolutely dreadful. Clooney and Bullock chatting like strangers on a bus... please. And I hate characters talking aloud when they're on their own, unless it's done really well.

And all this convenient floating around space with a fire extinguisher... really?
Oh, come on Mummy. Where's your romantic soul? And there's alway a fire extunguisher in every good movie; have you never watched Denzil Washington, Wesley Snipes, Bruce Willis....? Even Sandra Bullock had one.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Can't be arsed with X Factor or Sports Personality, so going to watch Identity Thief......yes, I know....it's going to be shite...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Watched Tyrannosaur. Wow! Grim but great. Brilliant acting from the lass out of Peep Show (Olivia?). Add my name to the list of those that would recommend it

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:01 am

Sam Bailey was the x-factor winner. :)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:32 am

jaffka wrote:Sam Bailey was the x-factor winner. :)
Good for him. Apparently jungle has finished too.

Now it's my turn to take over the tv for a few weeks - darts!!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:37 pm

I saw Saving Mr Banks last night.

It was really quite good and almost a tear-jerker, which I didn't expect!

The story about P.L. Travers is a good one that I didn't know, too.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Me and the mrs watched The Hobbit yestardy evening - good film but it does't measure up to Lord Of The Rings IMO. Brilliant in 3D and HFR on the Extreme screen

Still, I'm looking forward to the 3rd one
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:18 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I saw Saving Mr Banks last night.

I loved the film but as with the Butler, I was disappointed to learn how many truths were subject to sprinklings of Disney dust!

I thought, as incredible as Emma T is, the best thing about the film was Colin Farrell - And I didn't even know he was in it before I sat down to watch it.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I saw Saving Mr Banks last night.

I loved the film but as with the Butler, I was disappointed to learn how many truths were subject to sprinklings of Disney dust!

I thought, as incredible as Emma T is, the best thing about the film was Colin Farrell - And I didn't even know he was in it before I sat down to watch it.
Ah - I feared this might be the case.

Go on - what were the glaring examples? I suppose you'll be telling me that it wasn't on her flight invoice that Walt Disney found her real name and had his Eureka moment?!

Colin Farrell is good in it isn't he. I was actually slightly disappointed by Emma T - thought she coasted a bit really.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Well she hated it for a kick off, despised it, so the romanticised sobbing at the premier was a bit off. She also wasn't a snooty repressed loveless old wench - she was in fact much more contemporary, into acting, music and dance, she had a son, she had lovers of both sexes, and she a spoke with an Australian accent!