What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 pm

I want to watch this. Trailer for 12 O'Clock Boys. looks awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMQY6k1 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:23 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:not sure about that, thought the originality was the best thing aboiut it?

I watched 'Her' great.
I'd say the only thing original about it was the lack of dialog which definitely made it unique. But there's a lot of lost at sea films that have already been done and it just wasn't quite unique enough to really stand out from the rest. Loved the score though.

Her is magnificent. Joaquin Phoenix excellent as usual. That and Wolf are my two favourites released recently, and they're better than virtually all films I've seen in the last few years.
Tried copping off with Siri after watching it...
:lol: :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm going to the picture house to see a play. Filmed live and shown at the flics as though watching a play.

I have no idea how it will work, but worth a go.

It's Noel Coward's 'Private Lives' starring Anna Chancellor and Toby Stephens.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I'm going to the picture house to see a play. Filmed live and shown at the flics as though watching a play.

I presume that's an NT Live event?

If it's like those I've seen it will be excellent. It's starting to become an interesting hybrid - live cinema of major theatrical and operatic events. Never as good as the real thing, but still an excellent chance to see and - almost - be there - events that otherwise would be limited pretty much to London, New York, Stratford.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:56 pm

William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I'm going to the picture house to see a play. Filmed live and shown at the flics as though watching a play.

If it's like those I've seen it will be excellent. It's starting to become an interesting hybrid - live cinema of major theatrical and operatic events. Never as good as the real thing, but still an excellent chance to see and - almost - be there - events that otherwise would be limited pretty much to London, New York, Stratford.
Don't think so ... it says it's an 'Old Vic production', and refers to the 'West End Theatre Series' on the flier.

That's my thought ... I'm unlikely to see the live version anytime soon, so let's see what this offers.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:

Don't think so ... it says it's an 'Old Vic production', and refers to the 'West End Theatre Series' on the flier.

That's my thought ... I'm unlikely to see the live version anytime soon, so let's see what this offers.
Ah, sounds like WE commercial managements also getting in on the act... There must be money in it! Hope it's good! Enjoy!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Off to watch Dallas Buyers Club on Saturday. Looking forward to the next installment of the McConaissance

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 pm

It looks interesting. The poster looks better than him leaning casually against something for some romcom. Seen the first 2 episodes of True Detective, he's very good.
Started watching The Following Season2 as well, quite preposterous but I'll probably ignore the bad writing because Bacon and his sidekick are so good. James Purefoy is shite as the villain.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:

Well, it's a very good play, of it's sort. Well directed, kept just the right side of being a farce. Good speed ... maybe a bit too much. Great performances from all 5 actors.

However, & I'm unsure what I expected, it was a slightly odd experience. I think I anticipated one camera, one scale, one angle .. as if in a theatre. In fact there were 6 camera's, lots of close ups, different height levels.

So it wasn't at all like being at a theatre. Maybe what I expected wouldn't work ... Mrs Bobo tells me such. However close ups of stage acting ... which demands 'bigger' performance than TV or cinema, generally ... close ups of faces with stage make up is rather odd. Also, they captured the audience sound from the day it was filmed and that seemed odd.

Overall a very well done play, glad I saw something I'd otherwise miss, but slightly odd.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:08 am

Inside Llewyn Davis last night. Superb!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:29 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Inside Llewyn Davis last night. Superb!
I'm going to watch that. Would you recommend getting to know the music a bit first then watching, as someone suggested somewhere? Or does it not matter?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:17 am

It doesn't matter but I reckon it enhanced it for me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 am

LeverEnd wrote:
I'm going to watch that. Would you recommend getting to know the music a bit first then watching, as someone suggested somewhere? Or does it not matter?
I don't think it matters really. Having an understanding of the folk revival period in the 60's possibly helps put a few things into context, especially the ending. This film is set in 61 just before that whole scene really kicked off and there are a few nods to things that we the audience know will happen in the immediate future.

But similarly the film wouldn't massively suffer without that appreciation.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
doesne matter, for me.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Cheers guys, will get it watched soon.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Flight. 5.5/10
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:59 pm

If you want something fun to watch at the cinema, I would really recommend Lego Movie. Seriously.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Beefheart wrote:If you want something fun to watch at the cinema, I would really recommend Lego Movie. Seriously.
Really? Thinking about taking my lad to it....

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Beefheart wrote:If you want something fun to watch at the cinema, I would really recommend Lego Movie. Seriously.
Really? Thinking about taking my lad to it....
I think you would both enjoy it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Pink Floyd.

Wish you were here and a delicate sound of thunder.

BBC4