What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:37 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
thebish wrote:just realised that Engrenages - Spiral - French homicide cop series is back for series 5 on BBC4 - I've missed the first two! bugger!
You've missed the first f*cking five you mean!

Isn't it ace though? If for nothing else than sitting on the sofa repeating the word engrenage in even more preposterously faux-French just to annoy the GF. And it works. Which is ace.
oh - double bugger and a bit! I watched the first 4 serieseses pretty much back-to-back... it's a winner!

and - yes - my missus is VERY irritated by my hammed up proclamations... "engrenaaaaaaaaages...." (though she doesn't watch it...)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:13 am

thebish wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
thebish wrote:just realised that Engrenages - Spiral - French homicide cop series is back for series 5 on BBC4 - I've missed the first two! bugger!
You've missed the first f*cking five you mean!

Isn't it ace though? If for nothing else than sitting on the sofa repeating the word engrenage in even more preposterously faux-French just to annoy the GF. And it works. Which is ace.
oh - double bugger and a bit! I watched the first 4 serieseses pretty much back-to-back... it's a winner!

and - yes - my missus is VERY irritated by my hammed up proclamations... "engrenaaaaaaaaages...." (though she doesn't watch it...)
Available on a torrent site I use. I think they're accepting new members if you're interested..

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:23 pm

oh - cheers! - is available in several places - it's just finding time to catch up with that AND polish of the rest of series 4 of Homeland! How do people find the time to keep up with all these serieseses???

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:23 pm

thebish wrote:oh - cheers! - is available in several places - it's just finding time to catch up with that AND polish of the rest of series 4 of Homeland! How do people find the time to keep up with all these serieseses???
I'm ploughing through 16 series of Midsomer Murders at the moment...just about half way through :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:oh - cheers! - is available in several places - it's just finding time to catch up with that AND polish of the rest of series 4 of Homeland! How do people find the time to keep up with all these serieseses???
I'm ploughing through 16 series of Midsomer Murders at the moment...just about half way through :)
have you got to the part where Bergerac leaves and David cameron takes over?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:29 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
have you got to the part where Bergerac leaves and David cameron takes over?
Not yet. So far everyone seems to be shagging everybody else, with around 10% of characters getting murdered (though not whilst shagging) :|

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:31 pm

you must be REAAAAAAAALLY bored!!! (or are you having trouble sleeping?) ;-)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:39 pm

thebish wrote:you must be REAAAAAAAALLY bored!!! (or are you having trouble sleeping?) ;-)
Mrs AT likes her crime dramas. Probably research :shock:

Anyway, telly is crap here and programs are often edited. Sometimes the entire point of a film or episode gets cut :evil: Tend to download stuff and wait until I have the entire series, then have a marathon session :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:41 pm

thebish wrote:you must be REAAAAAAAALLY bored!!! (or are you having trouble sleeping?) ;-)
I'm watching one too. :-)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:37 pm

What we did on our holiday: schmaltzy shite. How does that David Tennant get jobs as an actor? Awful.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Just watched Phil Taylor get knocked out of The Masters dart match by Derek Jenkins. He was six-nil down before he even started playing. Lost 10-7 eventually. Some great throwing by Jenkins. Mervyn King got the bye-bye too, losing to James Wade.
Gary Anderson blew Andy Hamilton away 10-2.
Michael Van Gerwen beat Wes Newton 10-5.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:07 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:What we did on our holiday: schmaltzy shite. How does that David Tennant get jobs as an actor? Awful.
I'd been waiting to watch this one for a while, and then just as we were about to watch it, your review popped up :?

Undeterred we pressed ahead and yes, it is schmaltzy shite, but I quite enjoyed it. The last 20 minutes let it down badly but overall I thought it was an okay film. The kids rescued it for me.

It was this or 'Enemy' and I think we made the right choice for a family film night.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Birdman.

Emperor's new clothes-alert.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Masters Darts Final for me. 7-0 on Freeview 24. Phenomenal game today when Van Gerwin beat Chisnall 10-9 in the last set. Adrian Lewis v Michael Van Gerwin and Gary Anderson v Barny (Van Barneveld). Should be a cracking night.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Raymond Van Barnaveld is a great darts player. Michael Van Gerwen made him look like a pub league player. Absolutely phenomenal display. Twice, he was throwing for the double with his ninth dart. Fantastic, and he's still only 25. Pity we had nobody to to touch the Dutch lads.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:13 am

clapton is god wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:What we did on our holiday: schmaltzy shite. How does that David Tennant get jobs as an actor? Awful.
I'd been waiting to watch this one for a while, and then just as we were about to watch it, your review popped up :?

Undeterred we pressed ahead and yes, it is schmaltzy shite, but I quite enjoyed it. The last 20 minutes let it down badly but overall I thought it was an okay film. The kids rescued it for me.

It was this or 'Enemy' and I think we made the right choice for a family film night.
it had been on my list for a while too, which added to the disappointment.

of course sometimes schmaltzy shite is great (see Sunshine on Leith) but this was just irritating.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Aaron Sorkin has Chandler Bing and Josh Lyman write a tv show? Yes please!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:21 pm

Prufrock wrote:Aaron Sorkin has Chandler Bing and Josh Lyman write a tv show? Yes please!
:conf: Anyone??!?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Aaron Sorkin has Chandler Bing and Josh Lyman write a tv show? Yes please!
:conf: Anyone??!?
:|

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, i guess.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.