What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Lucy. As much as I admire Scarlett Johansen, this was utter shite. It almost made Transcendence look average.
I've got Nightcrawler to watch tonight, heard good things.
Watched it the other night, as someone bought it for Mrs BP's birthday. Started off ok and quickly descended into nonsense. Anyone want the DVD?

Tbh I don't get the attraction with Johansen either. Very average.
Does she get her kit off in it?
Under the Skin is the film you're after.
Adds to LF list. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:49 pm

Just watched 'The Second Best Marigold Hotel". It won't suit everyone but for those it does it's very, very good.

More interestingly .... the cheeky fckrs sold me 'senior' tickets. Still .... Saved me £8 I guess.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 am

bobo the clown wrote:Just watched 'The Second Best Marigold Hotel". It won't suit everyone but for those it does it's very, very good.

More interestingly .... the cheeky fckrs sold me 'senior' tickets. Still .... Saved me £8 I guess.
I think that's cos they naturally assume the entire audience are "seniors", as they were for the first! - don't take it personally! Long live the grey pound! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:11 pm

I don't know if any of you managed to catch Paddy Crerand's interview on 5 Live this morning. What an absolute bellend that bloke is. I can't find a clip of it on BBC's site - this article doesn't even remotely conjure up just how utterly toe-curling it was.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 51689.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I don't know if any of you managed to catch Paddy Crerand's interview on 5 Live this morning. What an absolute bellend that bloke is. I can't find a clip of it on BBC's site - this article doesn't even remotely conjure up just how utterly toe-curling it was.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 51689.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hate using the word 'literally', but LITTTTEERRAALLY everything that dopey old nice person says is absolute garbage. He is one of the most massive fools in the whole wide world of football. Up there with Blatter.

Don't get me wrong, I've a lot of time for old folk in the media, behind the mic. Benaud, Boycott (Marmite), Alliss, they seemed to get better with age. Others just waste away and either they don't know when to shut up or someone else doesn't realise it's time for them to shut them up.

Crerand is the absolute worst of the pro-united brigade. A real horror show.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Flatmates and neighbours have a sunday evening routine of eating food and watching the US version of shameless.

Food is good. US Shameless shite.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:22 pm

New series of Masterchef starts tomorrow (the proper one, with amateurs in it). :oyea:

Any excuse to trot this out :)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I don't know if any of you managed to catch Paddy Crerand's interview on 5 Live this morning. What an absolute bellend that bloke is. I can't find a clip of it on BBC's site - this article doesn't even remotely conjure up just how utterly toe-curling it was.

I heard part of before having to turn over, to avoid descending into an uncontrollable rage. There is no one more obnoxious in football. Literally!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:

I hate using the word 'literally', but LITTTTEERRAALLY everything that dopey old tw*t says is absolute garbage. He is one of the most massive fools in the whole wide world of football. Up there with Blatter.

Don't get me wrong, I've a lot of time for old folk in the media, behind the mic. Benaud, Boycott (Marmite), Alliss, they seemed to get better with age. Others just waste away and either they don't know when to shut up or someone else doesn't realise it's time for them to shut them up.

Crerand is the absolute worst of the pro-united brigade. A real horror show.
This, in spades. Worst of all, you could hardly head out to a Sportsman's Dinner in the late 80's/early 90's without the gobshite turning up. Tommy Smith ain't much better.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

Watched Part Two of Arthur and George. A very lavish production for a three episode drama. Period props and sets, well impressive and Martin Clunes doing a grand job of being Arthur Conan Doyle. Found it all quite enjoyable and I'll certainly watch the final episode. Shame it isn't a full series.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:54 pm

last night - family movie night - Muppets, the sequel... really enjoyed it!

rest of the time - knocking off the rest of House of Cards (sereis 2) so that I can then watch the newly released series 3! Good stuff!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:12 pm

straight to bed with the ipad tonight. Better Call Saul, House OF Fools, Girls, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. oh and maybe the other half of Death at a Funeral which i fell asleep to last night... which isnt to say i wasnt enjoying it!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:50 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:straight to bed with the ipad tonight. Better Call Saul, House OF Fools, Girls, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. oh and maybe the other half of Death at a Funeral which i fell asleep to last night... which isnt to say i wasnt enjoying it!
This weeks episode of Better Call Saul felt like it could be a film itself. Girls got reasonably interesting again last week, so looking forward to this weeks episode. House of Fools I didn't think was as good as the last two, but Vic and Bob have always been hit and miss. Almost finished S4 of GoT too.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:52 am

yeah BCS went up another level last night! loved vic and bob too, Beefs David Walliams impression killed me! didnt see girls and dont think ill stick with Kimmy Schmidt...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:29 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:yeah BCS went up another level last night! loved vic and bob too, Beefs David Walliams impression killed me! didnt see girls and dont think ill stick with Kimmy Schmidt...
Listened to those two interviewing one and other on Radio 4 last week. Their shambolic attempts at being spontaneously 'whacky' were absolutely toe-curling.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:yeah BCS went up another level last night! loved vic and bob too, Beefs David Walliams impression killed me! didnt see girls and dont think ill stick with Kimmy Schmidt...
Listened to those two interviewing one and other on Radio 4 last week. Their shambolic attempts at being spontaneously 'whacky' were absolutely toe-curling.
See, now I did laugh my head off listening to that!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I find them toe curling at the best of time. Really embarrassingly toe curling and not in a funny daft way. Just plain stupid.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:51 pm

A friend introduced me to an australian show called Danger 5 last night. Absolutely batshit crazy but was laughing all the way through. It's like a pastiche of cheap-looking 60s adventure shows, I guess, but set with a group of spies trying to kill Hitler. It's...crazy. But definitely worth a watch if you like ridiculous comedy. Tis on netflix.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:09 am

KeyserSoze wrote:A friend introduced me to an australian show called Danger 5 last night. Absolutely batshit crazy but was laughing all the way through. It's like a pastiche of cheap-looking 60s adventure shows, I guess, but set with a group of spies trying to kill Hitler. It's...crazy. But definitely worth a watch if you like ridiculous comedy. Tis on netflix.
Sounds a bit like Garth Marenghi, I'll check that out.

Edit: LOL!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:03 am

Beefheart wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:A friend introduced me to an australian show called Danger 5 last night. Absolutely batshit crazy but was laughing all the way through. It's like a pastiche of cheap-looking 60s adventure shows, I guess, but set with a group of spies trying to kill Hitler. It's...crazy. But definitely worth a watch if you like ridiculous comedy. Tis on netflix.
Sounds a bit like Garth Marenghi, I'll check that out.

Edit: LOL!
Definite merenghi vibe.

Ha, guess you watched it then? Only seen the first two episodes.