What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Watched 'All the President's Men' again recently. F*cking love that film.
Yes - one of my all time favourites watched it a few times meself...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Not tonight but soon...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Tonight, on channel 5, you can have four consecutive hours of programmes on people-with-benefits...

This is obviously a loser TV festival...

Subject - losers, just look at em...

Makers - losers who didn't make it in real TV journalism...

Viewers - well, hoboh and his mates... the biggest losers of all...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 pm

A complete change, watched Searching for Sugarman, a documentary film about the story of singer/guitarist Sixto Diaz Rodriguez.... Some disturbing scenes of violence in South Africa around Aparthied. Dragged a bit at times but an interesting change about an unusual man.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:10 am

amazing film, cant believe you thought it dragged!?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Ha yeah loved that despite having never heard of the geezer. I love a good musician biography style film tbf.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Searching for Sugarman is one of the best films i've seen in years! Had tears in my eyes at various points!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:40 pm

William the White wrote:Tonight, on channel 5, you can have four consecutive hours of programmes on people-with-benefits...

This is obviously a loser TV festival...

Subject - losers, just look at em...

Makers - losers who didn't make it in real TV journalism...

Viewers - well, hoboh and his mates... the biggest losers of all...
Good job you missed the programme before that lot too then Will- 'Too Fat for Love'. A classic of the fat shaming genre I believe!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:18 pm

A mate lent me the D.V.D of Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Police proceedural film, in modern terminology. Voilent tale with a top cast and some powerful acting performances. Leonardo DeCaprio, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Walberg and Ray Winstone are the main cast. DeCaprio and Nicholson are really superb.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:38 am

watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas this week... not a film to "enjoy" as such - but - great film....

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:45 am

^ Harrowing to watch. Can't convince Mrs C to watch it. The English accents don't help either.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:52 am

clapton is god wrote:^ Harrowing to watch. Can't convince Mrs C to watch it. The English accents don't help either.
aye - but not full-on, in your face harrowing - it's a more subtle harrowing than other attempts! 8)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 pm

thebish wrote:
clapton is god wrote:^ Harrowing to watch. Can't convince Mrs C to watch it. The English accents don't help either.
aye - but not full-on, in your face harrowing - it's a more subtle harrowing than other attempts! 8)
Really? The memory of those two kids shut in a gas chamber when the hatches were slamming shut kept me awake for quite a while.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
Really? The memory of those two kids shut in a gas chamber when the hatches were slamming shut kept me awake for quite a while.
aye..

it's odd how some things get us and others don't... The most traumatised I have been over the holocaust was the novel by Sebastian Faulks - "Charlotte Gray" - about the French resistance..

in it there is a chapter or so where two young jewish brothers - one 8 or 9 - the other 5 or 6? - summat like that - are eventually captured by the Nazis and sent off to a camp... the bit that utterly destroyed my sleep and many waking moments - and still chokes me up whenever I bring it to mind was a couple of scenes where the older brother realises what is going on - and tries to shield and protect the younger brother by pretending it is all some kind of a game... it was (to me) utterly heartbreaking...

(perhaps because my boys were that age at the time I read it..)

yet - the missus - sailed through it with no qualms - yet blubs at virtually everything else imaginable!!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Went to watch some American football on saturday. Pre season game so wasn't particular great, but still a nice atmosphere.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 am

bloody hell how good is NARCOS!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:50 am

thebish wrote:
I think that is what makes it worse. Films that are gratuitously harrowing we can easily become desensitized too. Schindlers list for example, the camp commandant is so overtly disgustingly vile that it is quite easy to say to yourself "nobody was this bad" and just watch it as a film.....they were that bad though, but it is in your face and I think as human beings we desensitize generally, rather than dealing with it.

BISP is harrowing for the very fact that the film builds and builds to what you know or expect is going to be an awful ending (if you read the book previously as I did you know) but can't really imagine how awful that ending is.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:54 pm

Have two films winging there way to me from LF. Birdman, and Secrets & Lies.
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Have two films winging there way to me from LF. Birdman, and Secrets & Lies.
not seen secrets and lies. Birdman for me was tosh though. amazed at the reviews and hype it received. Proper Emperor's New Clothes.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:18 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Have two films winging there way to me from LF. Birdman, and Secrets & Lies.
not seen secrets and lies. Birdman for me was tosh though. amazed at the reviews and hype it received. Proper Emperor's New Clothes.
I've heard your choice in music - I'll make my own mind up thank you, young man.

PS. Pull your fecking trousers up. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way