The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:14 am
I am starting to worry that there might be some people on the Labour benches that can't pronounce "scones" properly. No really. It should be headline news.
Easy peasy, one of these prefixed by the letter S

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:54 am

Scone is pronounced to rhyme with 'gone'. Fin.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:54 am
Is the correct answer.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am

Oh. My. God.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:35 pm

See that 600 tower blocks across the country potentially have used the same 'flammable' cladding as was used at Grenfell. Presumably that now must be corrected in a matter of days and not weeks to totally minimise risks'?

Also note that the leader of Kensington council resigns after claiming that Sajid Javid (secretary for local government) had asked him to step down. This sort of thing really irritates me about governments of all persuasions. I've no doubt the council response was poor. But as May has also said "so was the states". But government get away with it, and put pressure on for there to be a fall guy somewhere else. It truly disgusts me. And as it appears increasingly apparent that the Government have failed to act on recommendations in 2013 after a similar incident in 2009 will any ministers responsible similarly fall on their sword? Will they buggery.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Nah, that would be a con, like Corbyn May with an S :mrgreen:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Is the correct answer.
Indeed.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:35 pm
See that 600 tower blocks across the country potentially have used the same 'flammable' cladding as was used at Grenfell. Presumably that now must be corrected in a matter of days and not weeks to totally minimise risks'?

Also note that the leader of Kensington council resigns after claiming that Sajid Javid (secretary for local government) had asked him to step down. This sort of thing really irritates me about governments of all persuasions. I've no doubt the council response was poor. But as May has also said "so was the states". But government get away with it, and put pressure on for there to be a fall guy somewhere else. It truly disgusts me. And as it appears increasingly apparent that the Government have failed to act on recommendations in 2013 after a similar incident in 2009 will any ministers responsible similarly fall on their sword? Will they buggery.
It's going to take months because they've got to find some buggers to remove it and I'll bet it takes more than seconds to remove each panel. Not to mention tussles about who is responsible etc.

Agree with the second paragraph, though this particular fella had bought in to the austerity so much so that come close to elections he could announce rebates to those that could afford full council tax rates. e.g. fcuk the safe cladding, lets save a couple of quid and give it to rich people. That deserves a special hell.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Is the correct answer.
Indeed.
I'm in the scone (gone) camp. Just read an article about the Stone of Scone in Scotland.....er... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh, here's lovely for you. Spirit of the Blitz and all of that business.

Anna, who is in her 60s, has lived in her flat just a stone’s throw from the new development for 40 years. She said she would not be happy to see survivors rehoused in her area.
"North Kensington is not this Kensington. They should be in a place where they are happy, but not here. I don’t want them here,” she said.
“In the circumstances, they can't all expect to be rehoused in these parts of London. Someone has to pay that money, if they can afford to pay the rent there they should pay rent somewhere else.”

Let's not hope that Anna's house burns down then.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:59 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Anna, who is in her 60s, has lived in her flat just a stone’s throw from the new development for 40 years. She said she would not be happy to see survivors rehoused in her area.
"North Kensington is not this Kensington. They should be in a place where they are happy, but not here. I don’t want them here,” she said.
“In the circumstances, they can't all expect to be rehoused in these parts of London. Someone has to pay that money, if they can afford to pay the rent there they should pay rent somewhere else.”

When Corbyn talked about requisitioning homes, he may have had a point.....

"Oi, Anna, sorry love your out. We need you to make way for, you know, an actual member of the human race."

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Corbyn should be very, very careful about this blame game given his convenient blind spot!
Jeremy Corbyn told MPs that the fire was “an outrage” and that all the deaths could have been avoided. Responding to May, he said:

At least 79 people are dead. It is both a tragedy and an outrage because every single one of those deaths could have been avoided.
The Grenfell Tower residents themselves had raised concerns about the lack of fire safety in their block.
The Grenfell action group had warned, and I quote, “It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell action group firmly believes that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation”.
The prime minister said ‘it is right that the CEO of Kensington and Chelsea has now resigned”. It may be, but why aren’t the political leaders taking responsibility too?
From Hillsborough, to the child sex abuse scandal, to Grenfell Tower the pattern is consistent. Working-class people’s voices are ignored, their concerns dismissed, by those in power.
Now, lets think Jezza, who was the political party hiding, ignoring warnings as to what was going on in Rochdale and Rotherham?

Oh yes, it was your mates, the PC correct representatives of the working class, Labour!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

When Corbyn talked about requisitioning homes, he may have had a point.....

"Oi, Anna, sorry love your out. We need you to make way for, you know, an actual member of the human race."
Oh dear :hang:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Corbyn should be very, very careful about this blame game given his convenient blind spot!
Jeremy Corbyn told MPs that the fire was “an outrage” and that all the deaths could have been avoided. Responding to May, he said:

At least 79 people are dead. It is both a tragedy and an outrage because every single one of those deaths could have been avoided.
The Grenfell Tower residents themselves had raised concerns about the lack of fire safety in their block.
The Grenfell action group had warned, and I quote, “It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell action group firmly believes that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation”.
The prime minister said ‘it is right that the CEO of Kensington and Chelsea has now resigned”. It may be, but why aren’t the political leaders taking responsibility too?
From Hillsborough, to the child sex abuse scandal, to Grenfell Tower the pattern is consistent. Working-class people’s voices are ignored, their concerns dismissed, by those in power.
Now, lets think Jezza, who was the political party hiding, ignoring warnings as to what was going on in Rochdale and Rotherham?

Oh yes, it was your mates, the PC correct representatives of the working class, Labour!
Really? You think he'd describe them as his mates?

I think he's a bit stupid comparing this to a state cover up with Hillsborough. I mean sure they probably ignored warnings about these buildings and that is awful. But not the same as willfully and deliberately covering up police failings in order to blame ordinary people.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Reading that, I don't take it as a direct comparison to Hillsborough, but a list of things that form a theme.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Presumably she's noticed that a number of them are brown. Can't have that can we you poor excuse of a human being...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:42 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Is the correct answer.
Indeed.
I'm in the scone (gone) camp. Just read an article about the Stone of Scone in Scotland.....er... :wink:
Scone (gone) is correct but that stone rhymes with soon. Those Sots have a broad accent...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:16 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Really? You think he'd describe them as his mates?

I think he's a bit stupid comparing this to a state cover up with Hillsborough. I mean sure they probably ignored warnings about these buildings and that is awful. But not the same as willfully and deliberately covering up police failings in order to blame ordinary people.
So Corbyn does not like politically correct members of his party who run Labour councils then?
Oh goody, he might just get my vote, more so if he denounces the fat controller next.
Comrade Corbyn is busy spinning everything at the moment, feeding the freebie kiddies lies, I notice in a poll yesterday he was popular mostly with those under 50, I wonder why? Once they find out, if he ever gets to power, there is no such thing as a free lunch and the people behind him make Stalin look like an angel, he'll be out on his sorry arse.
Promises, when you cannot deliver, swiftly turn to bare faced lies, of course then in true commie style it will be the fault of everyone else, those rich bastards and the elite fought back, Trump time.
All you faux socialists should be very wary of Corbyn and his mates, after all you have no business owning property or a business, that is the job of the state, you work for tax to fund whatever plans the state has without complaint, you fall foul of the state and you are fcuked.
Corbyn's Labour wing,
The corruption of socialist ideals in the Soviet Union; the societal tendency toward class stratification; the danger of a naïve working class; the abuse of language as instrumental to the abuse of power.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Re the Red Top recycling material parchments and to somewhat refute Brother Insaney's sweeping statements that youth rule the intelectual world:

It's occasionally necessary to glance through The Sun and co in order to learn just what our next M.I.5, 6, Intelligence Services and members of parliament and top job candidates are about in their quest for superior knowlege and personal collections of titles, Kruger Rands and invitations to balls etc. ( Come on brother, there aren't too many zimmer-frame lotharios seen quaffing champers in punts on the noble rivers of our seats of learning) . Anyway, here you go: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3863575/p ... -pictures/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 pm
Re the Red Top recycling material parchments and to somewhat refute Brother Insaney's sweeping statements that youth rule the intelectual world:

It's occasionally necessary to glance through The Sun and co in order to learn just what our next M.I.5, 6, Intelligence Services and members of parliament and top job candidates are about in their quest for superior knowlege and personal collections of titles, Kruger Rands and invitations to balls etc. ( Come on brother, there aren't too many zimmer-frame lotharios seen quaffing champers in punts on the noble rivers of our seats of learning) . Anyway, here you go: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3863575/p ... -pictures/
I don't recall every claiming that. Having said that, those pictured there are almost certainly going to be Tory voters... :wink: