What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:My neighbour is talking up Sons of Anarchy. Anyone seen it? Any good?
I wrote this in Sept:
Prufrock wrote:Been getting into Sons of Anarchy. Enjoying it but Charlie Hunnam is bobbins, and his ridiculous swagger walk is pissing me off. The scenes where he reads his dad's journal are bollocks too.

Still, watched 6 episodes in 2 days so they must be doing something right.

Hunman gets better. I'm a big fan, it's right up there in the second tier of TV that isn't The Wire or The Sopranos. We've done six seasons since then and about to go onto the last.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:09 am

went to see Star Wars, enjoyment overshadowed by the most abysmal 3d ever. im not a 3d adversary, I prefer 2d but the few 3d's ive seen have been fine. not this tho, dark, blury and gave me a headache! I assume it was the cinema? or the glasses? because I cant believe the studio would put it out looking like that! need to see the film again...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:24 am

tried to find a fillum to watch with the inlaws last night - and picked "Clue" - based on the game, Cluedo - which, tbh, doesn't sound promising - but, actually turns out to be very entertaining - had us laughing all the way through!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:58 am

Just watched the thing that was on last night re-enacting the making of Dad's Army. Was OK. The guy playing Arthur Lowe absolutely nailed it but I wasn't particularly impressed by the others.

Still undecided regarding next year's film. I'll watch it but I think that they're on a hiding to nothing with it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:47 pm

On their way are;

The Best of Men: I initially looked at this film simply because Eddie Marsan plays the lead, supported by Rob Brydon. It's the story of Dr Ludwig Guttmann and his treatment of otherwise discarded partially paralysed patients and how his treatment of them as human beings and encouragement lead to what we know know as the Paralympic Games. Looking forward to this though I'm expecting no shortage of lump-in-throat moments.

Monster: Less looking forward to this one. The true story of serial killer Aileen Wuornos. Not sure how this ended up on the list?! General, is this one of yours? :?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just watched the thing that was on last night re-enacting the making of Dad's Army. Was OK. The guy playing Arthur Lowe absolutely nailed it but I wasn't particularly impressed by the others.

Still undecided regarding next year's film. I'll watch it but I think that they're on a hiding to nothing with it.
That guy was John Sessions. He was good but I don't think they were trying to get the cast bang on, it was more about the writing partnership. If they'd fleshed out the actors the show could have run to another five episodes.

I saw a couple of clips from the new film and it looked a bit dire despite the cast list.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Just watched the thing that was on last night re-enacting the making of Dad's Army. Was OK. The guy playing Arthur Lowe absolutely nailed it but I wasn't particularly impressed by the others.

That guy was John Sessions. He was good but I don't think they were trying to get the cast bang on, it was more about the writing partnership. If they'd fleshed out the actors the show could have run to another five episodes.

I saw a couple of clips from the new film and it looked a bit dire despite the cast list.
Yeah fair comment, and I got that. I just thought that it could've done more on the casting front. I thought that the similar type show about the early days of Morecambe and Wise a couple of years ago absolutely nailed it, and them, brilliantly. I was hoping for more of the same here.
Your remark regarding the film brings me further foreboding. Some things are perhaps best left alone. :(

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:My neighbour is talking up Sons of Anarchy. Anyone seen it? Any good?
I wrote this in Sept:
Prufrock wrote:Been getting into Sons of Anarchy. Enjoying it but Charlie Hunnam is bobbins, and his ridiculous swagger walk is pissing me off. The scenes where he reads his dad's journal are bollocks too.

Still, watched 6 episodes in 2 days so they must be doing something right.

Hunman gets better. I'm a big fan, it's right up there in the second tier of TV that isn't The Wire or The Sopranos. We've done six seasons since then and about to go onto the last.
Cheers Pru. Will give that a go then.

Granted, I'm well behind the times, but watched 'Ted' last night. Puerile, unbelievable and silly. Loved it! Not laughed so hard or erm 'Admired' a female lead so much in a long time.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I thought that the similar type show about the early days of Morecambe and Wise a couple of years ago absolutely nailed it, and them, brilliantly. I was hoping for more of the same here.
I thought just the same. Last night's show probably needed the extra half hour that 'Eric and Ernie' got.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Just watched Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, hoping it would be entertainingly silly, but it was just a bit shit. Gemma Arteton is quite delightful though. I'm going to pretend for a week that she's my new girlfriend.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:24 pm

After reading Michael Connelly I just had to dig out and watch The Lincoln Lawyer.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Just watched Spotlight. One very controversial film.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Just watched Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, hoping it would be entertainingly silly, but it was just a bit shit. Gemma Arteton is quite delightful though. I'm going to pretend for a week that she's my new girlfriend.
She's marvelous. Sorry to be so mysogonistic towards you're new bird but check out Disappearance of Alice Creed for some nipple action...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Watched "Breech" a spy tale based on a true story. Pretty decent film.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Binged the whole series of 'Master of None' in maybe two nights. Netflix strikes gold again!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:15 pm

The first two episodes of Peaky Blinders. I like it!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:47 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:The first two episodes of Peaky Blinders. I like it!
Very good. Got all the episodes on torrent, but not watched the last series yet. Must get around to it.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Watched Song of the Sea on the plane over to the US t'other day. What a gem. Absolutely beautiful animation.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:11 pm

Watched The 2005 version of The 39 Steps with Rupert Penry Jones and Lydia Leonard. Plot is nothing like the previous versions ( I alway liked the Kenneth More one) but total Dick Barton, jolly hockey sticks stuff of the good old Brit tradition of lightweight entertainment. Villains in trilbies and macs and carrying Luger, Mauser and Webley pistols. Music hall bumbling policemen etc. All spiffing good fun if you have nothing else to watch. Scottish Loch, German submarine...disappearing female...now where have I seen that before....oh, I know, Enigma :wink:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Watched Sicario last night, very impressed. Interesting if bleakly depressing plot, some excellent performances and an intensity throughout in both the action sequences and in the quieter scenes too. Well worth a watch.