What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:35 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:How amazing was Happy Valley! a privilege to behold. worth the licence fee alone.

also caught summat about a scrap yard in Bolton, that was quite funny? not sure what its all about tho, need to check out other eps on iplayer.

Scrappers? Great programme. Down Waterloo St. Dad used to work there when it was Stones and Hutchinsons.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:02 pm

that'll be it. i dunno where the yard is but last night they were at their favourite italian which was Carmelos in Totty, pretty much on my doorstep...

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:05 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:How amazing was Happy Valley! a privilege to behold. worth the licence fee alone.

also caught summat about a scrap yard in Bolton, that was quite funny? not sure what its all about tho, need to check out other eps on iplayer.
It was fantastic, love Sarah Lancashire. And more or less confirmed there will be a 3rd Series, can't wait

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:that'll be it. i dunno where the yard is but last night they were at their favourite italian which was Carmelos in Totty, pretty much on my doorstep...
Five minutes from me and even closer to the school that Mrs BP works at. This series isn't a patch on the first one. Everything seems staged, which I dare say some of the first series was, but it seems much more noticeable now.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:18 am

which school she at BP?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:42 am

General Mannerheim wrote:which school she at BP?
Don't tell him Pike !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:22 am

Holly Mount.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:55 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:that'll be it. i dunno where the yard is but last night they were at their favourite italian which was Carmelos in Totty, pretty much on my doorstep...
Five minutes from me and even closer to the school that Mrs BP works at. This series isn't a patch on the first one. Everything seems staged, which I dare say some of the first series was, but it seems much more noticeable now.
Ultimately all these sorts of programs are "staged" to one extent or another. Otherwise you'd have 30 minutes of incredibly dull telly.

I don't think it is any different from the first series.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:29 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Holly Mount.
Ah right. My daughter is at Tottington Primary. We quite often go to carmelos on a Friday, tell her it's a reward if she gets 10/10 on her spellings but you can't beat the kids eat free early bird special! It's a long way from favourite restaurant material tho...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Ultimately all these sorts of programs are "staged" to one extent or another. Otherwise you'd have 30 minutes of incredibly dull telly.

I don't think it is any different from the first series.
No. You wouldn't would you. The voice of authority has spoken!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:34 am

Watched the last episode of Happy Valley last night. Really disappointed in how it all fell together too comfortably.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Just opened the envelope to discover that LF have sent me Let Him Have It (discussed on here) and Michael Collins.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just opened the envelope to discover that LF have sent me Let Him Have It (discussed on here) and Michael Collins.
Liam Neeson as Michael Collins is a very decent film. You should look out for Ken Loach's Jimmy's Hall too about political activist Jimmy Gralton in 1930's Ireland. Recommended..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:59 am

London has Fallen. Missus wanted to watch it. It's 1 hours 40 long. You could probably find a number of household chores to do I'm that amount of time, instead.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:44 am

National Theatre Live screening of Hangmen tonight. not been to one of these NTL do's before, any good?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:24 am

Worthy4England wrote:London has Fallen. Missus wanted to watch it. It's 1 hours 40 long. You could probably find a number of household chores to do I'm that amount of time, instead.
even amongst a batch of BAD trailers the trailer for that looked BAAAAAAAAAD! commiserations!

last night I watched whatever it's called - best marigold hotel 2 - or summat! just a nice film, well acted (as you'd expect) - nowt startling or particularly special - just feel-good stuff....

(though - kids were desperate for at least one of the characters to drop dead... they were disappointed!)

also - have just started watching Netflix's "Marvel" thing - "Daredevil" (having enjoyed jessica jones) - slow start and filmed all in the dark - but will stick with it for a while as series 2 has just come out, and it's summat i can watch with the kids...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:25 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Just opened the envelope to discover that LF have sent me Let Him Have It (discussed on here) and Michael Collins.
Liam Neeson as Michael Collins is a very decent film. You should look out for Ken Loach's Jimmy's Hall too about political activist Jimmy Gralton in 1930's Ireland. Recommended..
Cheers, Tango. I've added to the list. Wtw once lent me another Ken Loach film, The Wind That Shakes the Barley. I can't remember if we've discussed it or not, but if you haven't seen it it's a must-watch for you.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:21 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Cheers, Tango. I've added to the list. Wtw once lent me another Ken Loach film, The Wind That Shakes the Barley. I can't remember if we've discussed it or not, but if you haven't seen it it's a must-watch for you.
Yes, I've seen that and we did discuss it on here. Excellent film. Let me know what you think of Jimmy's Hall when you've seen it, if you will.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:40 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Yes, I've seen that and we did discuss it on here. Excellent film. Let me know what you think of Jimmy's Hall when you've seen it, if you will.
Yes, of course, and many thanks for the recco.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:07 am

Not sure its been mentioned previously (cant be arsed checking) but "The People Vs OJ Simpson" is very enthralling. Some of the acting is a bit over the top but its not a bad watch.