The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:30 pm
A bizarre phone in today on the excellent Jeremy Vine show. 'Should Honda workers who voted Brexit be the first to be laid off?'

I laughed at such a ridiculous suggestion, only to hear several callers ring in and agree with it! This was despite Honda making it pretty clear in their press statement that it had nothing to do with Brexit.

What next? Police giving less priority to any callers who voted for Tory led austerity at the last election? Services to Labour voters to be cut due to Cliffs profligacy?
Do you think that's absolutely true or do you think the government pleaded with them not to mention Brexit like Nissan did as a factor?

Personally I think that in a fair world people who voted for Brexit would be the ones impacted most by it, negatively or positively. Unfortunately I think that will be the case. The ones who lied to promote it though will only get richer sadly.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:08 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:30 pm
A bizarre phone in today on the excellent Jeremy Vine show. 'Should Honda workers who voted Brexit be the first to be laid off?'

I laughed at such a ridiculous suggestion, only to hear several callers ring in and agree with it! This was despite Honda making it pretty clear in their press statement that it had nothing to do with Brexit.

What next? Police giving less priority to any callers who voted for Tory led austerity at the last election? Services to Labour voters to be cut due to Cliffs profligacy?
Do you think that's absolutely true or do you think the government pleaded with them not to mention Brexit like Nissan did as a factor?

Personally I think that in a fair world people who voted for Brexit would be the ones impacted most by it, negatively or positively. Unfortunately I think that will be the case. The ones who lied to promote it though will only get richer sadly.
More incomprehensible nonsense!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:21 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:15 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm
1.You've got to be a particularly sad dipstick to be a political activist.
2. To become an MP you need to 'suck the cocks' of those who are 1.
3. Once an MP there is nothing whatsoever that compels you to vote on any issue.

This is why British Democracy is a farce.
But that's the very thing Brexiteers wanted to protect? So we've voted to uphold (even though it already was upheld) a farce?

Splendid!
You are conflating SOVEREIGNTY with DEMOCRACY.
Really, try harder, or at the very least, try.
The problem is by all definitions we already were sovereign.

And IF I was ever to accept the falsehood that we weren't, what I'd be asking - if you think our democracy is a "farce" what would we have gained by reclaiming "sovereignty"?
What's the point of me answering a question that you aren't actually asking? :conf:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:49 pm
Margaret Tyson (I wonder how many ears she's chewed off) is a member of Luciana Berger's ex-local Labour party, a right smartarse, a prolific Facebook wanker, and a racist of epic proportions (enough to make Che Guevara envious).
Here she is in her own words [according to the Times]:
"How can we not have empathy with Palestinians when they are not up against these murdering Zionist bastards. Their Nazi masters have taught them well"

What can one say!
Let's start with the use of a double negative and then wander down the surreal road of imagination wherein inmates of Auschwitz, Buchenwald, Treblinka have German Nazi masters. Teaching them!
Or did she mean that the Nazi masters of the Palestinians taught them well? - that's one possible interpretation of the guff that spews forth from the obnoxious cxnt.

Disclaimer: it is understood the Labour Party are "investigating the comments" :lol:
How can the Labour Party investigate comments that are completely incomprehensible? I've read it three times (even removing the negatives) and simply don't know what she is trying to say. Or, I can guess what she wanted to say in the first sentence, but she didn't say it.
Yup. :?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Ruth George: the latest Labour tit.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... s-14021261
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:18 pm
She may well not be discouraging a conspiracy theory but is suggesting that there is a possibility that the breakaway group may have been funded by the Labour Friends of Israel, anti semitic?

I know you haven't suggested it but the chap quoted in the piece has and in this instance I just don't see it. But hey, it shuts down any debate which I'm sure is what was intended
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Yes of f*cking course it is!

They never suggest anything might be secretly funded by the Labour Rambling Association do they?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:38 pm

They never suggest anything might be secretly funded by the Labour Rambling Association do they?!
Is Luciana Berger in the Labour Rambling Association then?

Labour Friends of Israel do what it says on the tin. Promote friendship and support of Israel within the Labour party. It's not inconceivable that they, along with several other groups, including your rambling association could be funding this breakaway group if they thought it was in their best interests.

I don't see how saying it's possible a group Berger is involved with may be offering financial support is anti semitic. It's a reasonable f*cking question!!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Mr Umunna insisted he did not believe he and the other MPs should quit their seats and hold by-elections, as demanded by shadow chancellor John McDonnell.

He said: 'In a parliamentary democracy you elect a person and then their party after.'

So try it then Chucker,,,,,,

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 pm
Prufrock wrote:

Labour Friends of Israel do what it says on the tin. Promote friendship and support of Israel within the Labour party. It's not inconceivable that they, along with several other groups, including your rambling association could be funding this breakaway group if they thought it was in their best interests.

I don't see how saying it's possible a group Berger is involved with may be offering financial support is anti semitic. It's a reasonable f*cking question!!
As I read the article, it was said that the Independent group was being funded by Israel itself, not by the Labour Friends of Israel. One should perhaps be worried if a political group was secretly funded by any other sovereign state...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

It's getting dangerously close to Global Jewish Conspiracy stuff this....I'd back away if I were you.

I find the whole thing embarrassing.

Breakaway group "We're leaving the Labour party cos its racist".

10 minutes later

"There ere brown people or dem ones with a funny errmmmm tinge....."

Labour "We're not racist - they left because they don't agree with our left wing ideals".

10 minutes later

"Those Jewish traitors are being paid by Israel...."

Christ alive.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

It's getting dangerously close to Global Jewish Conspiracy stuff this....I'd back away if I were you.

10 minutes later

Labour "We're not racist - they left because they don't agree with our left wing ideals".

10 minutes later

Christ alive.
Aye, but if true does it really matter if the Russians did fund groups or individuals in elections? Or are we picking and choosing who can wield influence?
Anyway a couple of the people involved do have legitimate complaints the rest are remainiacs trying to overthrow the result of a free democratic vote backed by the then government as instruction and the introduction of article 50 approved by the house.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:40 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

10 minutes later

10 minutes later

Christ alive.
Aye, but if true does it really matter if the Russians did fund groups or individuals in elections? Or are we picking and choosing who can wield influence?
Anyway a couple of the people involved do have legitimate complaints the rest are remainiacs trying to overthrow the result of a free democratic vote backed by the then government as instruction and the introduction of article 50 approved by the house.
I don't really know what you're on about. Labour MPs claiming the breakaways are "paid by Israel" or "friends of Israel" or whatever is pretty disgusting especially as they have no proof. And its pretty racist to go round claiming everything is a "Jewish conspiracy". That was my point.

As for why they left I think its more complex. But someone like Chukka (who I agree with on most things) clearly is mainly disgruntled by Corbyn's Brexit stance. You don't have to agree with him, but at least he's shown some serious principles. And as he admitted probably chucked his political career away - but isn't that what we want MPs to do? Stand up for what they actually believe in rather than play silly party games? Even if you disagree with Chukka - surely the point of principle that he's stood on is an example we want others to follow across all policy divides?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Rudd, Hammond and Greive to follow hopefully, get all the traitors together in one place and celebrate their electoral demise :pissed:

You wont remain long! :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:35 pm
Rudd, Hammond and Greive to follow hopefully, get all the traitors together in one place and celebrate their electoral demise :pissed:

You wont remain long! :lol:
Yep lets get rid of all the Tories - they are now the party of the extreme right. As the three who have left are outlining.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:25 pm

The antisemitism is the worst and what is going to push me to finally getting off my arse and leaving but there have been two microcosmic episodes in the last few days which have confirmed my view

1) since the split a number of labour MPs and commentators have urged unity in the basis that the point of the labour movement is to fight the evil Tories.

Not for me, it isn't. It isn't a protest group and my views aren't defined by opposition to the Tories. The point of the labour movement is to govern. That involves difficult decisions and compromise of ideals but it makes far more of a difference to people's lives.

2) that ludicrous pledge some MPs signed that claimed a labour government would be "infinitely better" than the Tories. Infinitely!

It's a minor point but the lazy slapdash thinking of those now running the party is a crying shame.

They're comfortable idiots.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:48 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
She may well not be discouraging a conspiracy theory but is suggesting that there is a possibility that the breakaway group may have been funded by the Labour Friends of Israel, anti semitic?

I know you haven't suggested it but the chap quoted in the piece has and in this instance I just don't see it. But hey, it shuts down any debate which I'm sure is what was intended
Never, not once in my entire life, have I ever intended to "shut down debate".
I will, can, and do enter into debate. I have no problem with debate.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:20 pm

It's all getting too fast to catch up with. Has Soubry just joined the dots with the Remainer Labourites, or is somebody joshing me? Soubry? Surely she demanded Brexit from the very beginning??

What next? Soubry the Nazi and Berger the Jew nailing the fact that Auschwitz was a conspiracy driven by Zionism after all???

It's getting beyond silly. It's getting dangerously close to meltdown...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:48 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Never, not once in my entire life, have I ever intended to "shut down debate".
I will, can, and do enter into debate. I have no problem with debate.
It's a reflex.

It's "shutting down debate about Israel" despite no-one mentioning Israel until they bring it up from nowhere to say something anti-semitic.

"You're trying to stop us talking about legitimate criticism of the Palestinian occupation!

- no we're not, we're just ordering lunch."

The dismissal of it as "only" a conspiracy theory is interesting too. Anti-Semitism is the ur-conspiracy theory.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm
It's a reflex.

It's "shutting down debate about Israel" despite no-one mentioning Israel until they bring it up from nowhere to say something anti-semitic.

"You're trying to stop us talking about legitimate criticism of the Palestinian occupation!

- no we're not, we're just ordering lunch."

The dismissal of it as "only" a conspiracy theory is interesting too. Anti-Semitism is the ur-conspiracy theory.
For what it's worth. I agree with you 100%.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください