Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:48 am

Prufrock wrote:Yes. The use of chemical weapons is fine as long as it happens far away, preferably to people with brown faces.
Fair point, if you consider it's chaps with brown faces that are using it on other chaps with brown faces? That might have been H.G's point?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:31 pm

It's only a fair point if you're morally bankrupt.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:It's only a fair point if you're morally bankrupt.
Or you love a good moan no matter what happens!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Morals, ethics, politicians and governments?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Bread, weasels, buckets and spades?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Blimey, if a lawyer is calling you morally bankrupt, things are bad. Very, very bad.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:36 pm

I've had a virus for the last few days, yesterday I had to miss running, the match, and yesterday evening the family bommy. I tell you this just so as you can gauge the miserabilty of my mood. So, last night I go to bed at about 11:30, really struggling to get to sleep, and there are still people setting fecking fireworks of at gone midnight.

I've even heard a few go off on the back park tonight.

Is it not time that the anti-social use of these saw them banned, so that they can only be used on certain days and between certain hours?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:56 pm

^^ grumble grumble, whinge winge
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:15 pm

I've got a couple of boxes left over - I'm sorely tempted....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:04 am

You could move to the UAE Bruce. Banned here, apart from proper official events. On the flip side you'd have to listen to the mid life crisis mob driving up and down in their noisy penis extensions :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:19 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've had a virus for the last few days, yesterday I had to miss running, the match, and yesterday evening the family bommy. I tell you this just so as you can gauge the miserabilty of my mood. So, last night I go to bed at about 11:30, really struggling to get to sleep, and there are still people setting fecking fireworks of at gone midnight.

Is it not time that the anti-social use of these saw them banned, so that they can only be used on certain days and between certain hours?
To be concise, yes. I'm not really sure, outside of organised displays they should be allowed at all given the safety risks. But if they are then there should be an 11pm cut off for setting the things off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I've had a virus for the last few days, yesterday I had to miss running, the match, and yesterday evening the family bommy. I tell you this just so as you can gauge the miserabilty of my mood. So, last night I go to bed at about 11:30, really struggling to get to sleep, and there are still people setting fecking fireworks of at gone midnight.

To be concise, yes. I'm not really sure, outside of organised displays they should be allowed at all given the safety risks. But if they are then there should be an 11pm cut off for setting the things off.
You both seem to be harbouring a misapprehension that someone would "do something about it" if the said new rule was broken. That's a fcuking laugh. Phone call from wife to 101 (non-emergency police service) last week. "There's some yoofs nicking stuff from the building site opposite - they'll probably then go and set it up as a bommy on the fields like they've been doing for three months, they do this three or four times a week"...Response "Have you spoken to your councillor about it?"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:54 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

You both seem to be harbouring a misapprehension that someone would "do something about it" if the said new rule was broken. That's a fcuking laugh. Phone call from wife to 101 (non-emergency police service) last week. "There's some yoofs nicking stuff from the building site opposite - they'll probably then go and set it up as a bommy on the fields like they've been doing for three months, they do this three or four times a week"...Response "Have you spoken to your councillor about it?"
There is a law about fireworks and the times they are allowed. It exists. The fact that nobody seems to know about it, or care if they do, is quite pertinent.
And in the same manner as Mrs For England, when my wife rang up to complain about midnight fireworks Sunday before last, the telephonist at police HQ refused to log the call because it was "too near to Bonfire Night".
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:12 am

Yup. Surprised they haven't yet forwarded your details to some replacement window company. They do triple glazing now you know? It's rigging the call numbers on a large scale. Don't log the call, it doesn't show up as a non-attendance etc.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Yes, I know. It of course would be a futile gesture. But perhaps when you ring up next time say "there are some yoofs driving past the building site opposite at 34 in a 30"....

You never know....

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:00 pm

A better net would be, "Hello Police? I e just shot two intruders opposite my house". I guarantee a decent response.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Fireworks here are a matter of municipal ordinance, rather than provincial or federal law. Private use of fireworks are banned in most large cities and towns. However, most municipalities have a firework display once a year (Canada Day). Montreal also hosts the annual spectacular International Firework Competition which lasts a couple of months every summer. But no Guy Fawkes, no bonfires, no Fifth of November.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:35 pm

The law states:

You can only buy fireworks (including sparklers) from registered sellers for private use on these dates:

15 October to 10 November
26 to 31 December
3 days before Diwali and Chinese New Year
At other times you can only buy fireworks from licensed shops.

You must not set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am. The exceptions are:

Bonfire Night, when the cut off is midnight
New Year’s Eve, Diwali and Chinese New Year, when the cut off is 1am

https://www.gov.uk/fireworks-the-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish someone would tell that shop facing the 'Iron Church' on Blackburn Road. They profess to sell fireworks all year round.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:49 pm

malcd1 wrote:The law states:

You can only buy fireworks (including sparklers) from registered sellers for private use on these dates:

15 October to 10 November
26 to 31 December
3 days before Diwali and Chinese New Year
At other times you can only buy fireworks from licensed shops.

You must not set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am. The exceptions are:

Bonfire Night, when the cut off is midnight
New Year’s Eve, Diwali and Chinese New Year, when the cut off is 1am

https://www.gov.uk/fireworks-the-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish someone would tell that shop facing the 'Iron Church' on Blackburn Road. They profess to sell fireworks all year round.
When the police operator expressed derision at my wife's call and basically sneered at her for being an antisocial git and refused to do anything, my wife said "but it's illegal..."
To which the answer was "well it might be technically illegal..." :hang:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:28 pm

shops can feck off with this whole "Black Friday" bollocks. that's all!