The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 pm
This cocaine story and Michael Gove. His rivals are obviously stoking it up but surely the one thing that makes him unelectable is the fact that he's Michael Gove!?

Quite. Hated by teachers everywhere and for good reason. The thought of him running the country turns my stomach slightly. That said, if Boris Johnson is the other option suddenly I’m rather liking Theresa May.
Jeremy Hunt is no more popular either!

I thought about Theresa May last night when watching '999 - What's your emergency?'. A 105 year old lady had fallen in her home and been stuck on the floor for several hours. There were no ambulances or Police available to assist due to a lack of resources for both.

That's your legacy there, you austerity preaching, crocodile tearing robot!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:43 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
This cocaine story and Michael Gove. His rivals are obviously stoking it up but surely the one thing that makes him unelectable is the fact that he's Michael Gove!?

Quite. Hated by teachers everywhere and for good reason. The thought of him running the country turns my stomach slightly. That said, if Boris Johnson is the other option suddenly I’m rather liking Theresa May.

I thought about Theresa May last night when watching '999 - What's your emergency?'. A 105 year old lady had fallen in her home and been stuck on the floor for several hours. There were no ambulances or Police available to assist due to a lack of resources for both.

Don’t hold back Harry, tell us what you really think.

Anyway, Arsène Wengers at a loose end these days... :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Could a sensible/balanced, un-biased individual of a politician, who doesn't do smear campaigns and is just interested in getting the country back on its feet, please step forward. Male or female (I make no further definition) immaterial as long as they fit the criteria. I'll vote for you...promise.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:47 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

When you’re looking for an alternative candidate, who will spend more money, Wenger is hardly the first name that springs to mind! 😉

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

When you’re looking for an alternative candidate, who will spend more money, Wenger is hardly the first name that springs to mind! 😉
Expect the defence budget to drop through the floor.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:53 am

He has an excellent record of getting out of Europe pretty quickly.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:45 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
The prick can toot all the Charlie he likes for me. It's the fact that he ordered To Kill a Mockingbird and Of Mice and Men be dropped from the English literature GCSE syllabus that marks him out as being unfit for any kind of office as far as I'm concerned.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:45 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
The prick can toot all the Charlie he likes for me. It's the fact that he ordered To Kill a Mockingbird and Of Mice and Men be dropped from the English literature GCSE syllabus that marks him out as being unfit for any kind of office as far as I'm concerned.
I didn't know that. Both absolute classics. For what purpose? Certainly reaffirms my view of the man
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Gove doesn't look fully formed. Literally!
I wouldn't trust the country to be run by a genetic freak who was half foetus half geriatric. I know, I know, looks shouldn't count, but... you expect the PM of the UK to belong to the same species...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
I didn't know that. Both absolute classics. For what purpose? Certainly reaffirms my view of the man
Absolute classics indeed. TKaM is the only book I've ever read more than once, I've also seen several different versions of the play. OMaM has to be in my all-time top 10 as well. Gove said, apparently, that "students ought to focus on works by British writers such as Jane Austen and Shakespeare".
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:18 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Absolute classics indeed. TKaM is the only book I've ever read more than once, I've also seen several different versions of the play. OMaM has to be in my all-time top 10 as well. Gove said, apparently, that "students ought to focus on works by British writers such as Jane Austen and Shakespeare".
Which, for a British student, in England studying English literature, is hardly philistineville! Get rid of Treasure Island, Finnegan's Wake, Under Milkwood, and fxcking Waiting For Godot too... :wink:

(Many decades ago my missus was rejected by a Japanese Language School for a position of teaching English as a foreign language because she wasn't American).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Who is paying for this fxcking shit is what I want to know:

Good news:
@sajidjavid
has the best canapés and refreshments at his campaign launch in central London.

Fxcking cxnts.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:18 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Which, for a British student, in England studying English literature, is hardly philistineville! Get rid of Treasure Island, Finnegan's Wake, Under Milkwood, and fxcking Waiting For Godot too... :wink:

(Many decades ago my missus was rejected by a Japanese Language School for a position of teaching English as a foreign language because she wasn't American).
Size related, we're probably one of the world's joke countries for knowing only our own language. "Eggo and bacon-o for (two fingers held up) senora, and San Miguels (still two fingers raised) grassy-arse! :lol:
As for Jane Austen, I'd love to contest him on that. I'm betting he's never read a Jane Austen novel in his entire life.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Dominic Grieve: what a tosser!.
Just suppose, for a second, you wanted to be an MP. D'ya really think you've got a cat in hell's chance of being one independently? Have You Fxck! Hence why you join a party...
And this sour faced anti-democratic tit comes out with this crap:
Grieve: I will not hesitate in bringing down the government

Former Attorney General Dominic Grieve says he would be willing to leave the Conservative Party if it meant getting Parliament a say over whether to leave the EU without a deal.

The Remain-backing Tory says MPs "should realise that there is no other opportunity other than this one... to be guaranteed an ability to have a say on an incoming prime minister wishing to take us out on a no-deal Brexit".

He said the only alternative "if we get to a point where a prime minister is intent on doing this" will be to "bring down the prime minister's government".

"I will not hesitate to do that," he added. "Even if that means resigning the whip and leaving this party."

He says he will not tell his children and grandchildren that he "gave up" and so will take this "last opportunity to have a sensible way of influencing the outcome".
------

So fxck off then! I see Soubry, the sour faced fellow antidemocrat was in the background having an orgasm. Farewell to both of you at the next election.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm
Dominic Grieve: what a tosser!.
Just suppose, for a second, you wanted to be an MP. D'ya really think you've got a cat in hell's chance of being one independently? Have You Fxck! Hence why you join a party...
And this sour faced anti-democratic tit comes out with this crap:
Grieve: I will not hesitate in bringing down the government

Former Attorney General Dominic Grieve says he would be willing to leave the Conservative Party if it meant getting Parliament a say over whether to leave the EU without a deal.

The Remain-backing Tory says MPs "should realise that there is no other opportunity other than this one... to be guaranteed an ability to have a say on an incoming prime minister wishing to take us out on a no-deal Brexit".

He said the only alternative "if we get to a point where a prime minister is intent on doing this" will be to "bring down the prime minister's government".

"I will not hesitate to do that," he added. "Even if that means resigning the whip and leaving this party."

He says he will not tell his children and grandchildren that he "gave up" and so will take this "last opportunity to have a sensible way of influencing the outcome".
------

So fxck off then! I see Soubry, the sour faced fellow antidemocrat was in the background having an orgasm. Farewell to both of you at the next election.
Ha! Labour defeated, But Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn responded by shouting "you won't be cheering in September".

I suggest Tories and Labour swap Letwin and Boles for Hoey and Skinner...
Then we can see who's cheering in September, Corbyn you wazzock!

And, as I understand it, Bercow has shot himself in the foot, because this can't be voted on again (according to himsen')
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Caught a bit of that Thatcher documentary t'other day. She had many faults and was an obstinate old bird but we couldn't half do with her right now.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:01 pm
Caught a bit of that Thatcher documentary t'other day. She had many faults and was an obstinate old bird but we couldn't half do with her right now.

Conviction politicians are like hen's teeth just now me thinks, Harry.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:53 am
Ha, that did make me laugh! He’s the man for the job then!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:23 pm

jimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Expect the defence budget to drop through the floor.
:D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:53 am
Ha, that did make me laugh! He’s the man for the job then!
Good grief! long time no hear from.