Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:08 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I know - £60k for that. Which is supposed to be an off-roader, and it gets stuck in the mud. Beggars belief.
Updated Freelander, not really a decent 4x4 tbh.
Correct .... but still capable of getting out of a ditch & a bit of mud

Over 98% of the UK's 4x4's have never been used as off road cars in any meaningful way.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:06 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I know - £60k for that. Which is supposed to be an off-roader, and it gets stuck in the mud. Beggars belief.
Updated Freelander, not really a decent 4x4 tbh.
Correct .... but still capable of getting out of a ditch & a bit of mud

Over 98% of the UK's 4x4's have never been used as off road cars in any meaningful way.
good. same is probably true of 98% of "mountain" bikes! - also good! 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:42 am

"Can you just take this parcel in for next door?" Don't get me wrong. Happy to try and help a neighbour out and generally do, but when it's clear they're in but you just haven't managed to wake the fckrs up, don't knock on my door. Not my problem.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:40 pm

David Cameron defended Britain’s decision to reject higher EU tariffs on Chinese steel on Friday as the business secretary faced the anger of Port Talbot workers whose livelihoods have been undermined by cut-price imports.

The prime minister, on a visit to Washington, said that the UK was right to block plans that he argued would “rewrite not simply the tariff rules on steel, but the entire tariff infrastructure of the EU”, while Labour accused the government of failing to protect British workers from China’s “highly aggressive approach in this economic battle”.

On Friday morning, China raised tensions by imposing a 46% import duty on a type of steel made by Tata in Wales. Hours earlier, Downing Street sources said Cameron had confronted Chinese president Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the nuclear security summit in Washington DC to express his concerns on Thursday night.
So a fat lot of good sucking Chinese cock did, eh Dave?

Don't forget this lying tool will tell you the EU can raise the dead if it keeps us with the "in crowd" of his co-operate toadies.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:44 pm

So this'll be the folks we're going to negotiate really preferential deals with on exit. Can't wait. That cock you're on about Dave sucking. They'll laugh the fckr right off.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:So this'll be the folks we're going to negotiate really preferential deals with on exit. Can't wait. That cock you're on about Dave sucking. They'll laugh the fckr right off.

aye - that'll be them - but China will listen to us when we're on our own and do us a decent deal - honest... and all the other countries - it'll all be sewn up in a matter of weeks - and all will be rosy!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:42 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:So this'll be the folks we're going to negotiate really preferential deals with on exit. Can't wait. That cock you're on about Dave sucking. They'll laugh the fckr right off.

aye - that'll be them - but China will listen to us when we're on our own and do us a decent deal - honest... and all the other countries - it'll all be sewn up in a matter of weeks - and all will be rosy!
If you put all your eggs in one basket and the basket gets dropped, well!
And don't forget this is happening under the stewardship of the EU, the ones who think they would beat China in a trade war, the same mob who thought Russia would back off the Ukraine with sanctions.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:58 pm

There would still only be one basket. It'll just be a lot smaller.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:This. Mindless....

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/143 ... ck_in_mud/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fecking nice person. Doesn't read much like a stolen vehicle story to me. If it was then how did the owner know where it was?

Get it sold to help towards the cost of the repairs, charge the owner for the rest, then whack him/her int' nick.

Next! :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:This. Mindless....

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/143 ... ck_in_mud/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fecking tw*t. Doesn't read much like a stolen vehicle story to me. If it was then how did the owner know where it was?

Get it sold to help towards the cost of the repairs, charge the owner for the rest, then whack him/her int' nick.

Next! :)
My kind of justice, I like it. :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:30 am

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... vestigates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now this is really fcuking aggravating!

Settling disputes via the public purse yet being silenced about cock ups people paid out of tax payers money are making, stinks!

I know a teacher who had legitimate concerns who was pressured into signing one of these by the bloody union because another one of their members was involved.
When they apply for a post now they are not allowed to disclose why they left the last one, I told them to see a lawyer because I reckon that amounts to restricting their ability to work but the hassle they already had was more than enough and they don't want anymore.

Lesson, don't sign the bloody things, if they are so concerned they'd lose any legal challenge anyway.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:32 pm

27 years ago this week (ish) my dad had a 5 way heart bypass operation. His surgeon told him at the time that he was only days from a heart attack. At the hospital, his nurse told me to get my cholesterol checked on a regular basis and this is something I've done every year since, reducing my levels to first below 6.0, then 5.0 and now 4.0. On my doctor's advice, I've cut to a minimum the one thing I love, cheese, reduced my chocolate intake, virtually stopped eating red meat and limited my intake of eggs.

Only now, it turns out to be complete bollicks. Dieticians are now certain that the scientists got it wrong, that saturated fat is not in fact that bad for you and contributes virtually nothing to heart disease. Refined sugar is now believed to be the biggest issue, which for me is much easier to deal with. Reading around the subject (An excellent read in The Graun today - the Long Read) the methodology of the fat studies was shockingly bad and was often conducted by scientists with links to the sugar industry.

Not much gets me angry, but I'm absolutely feckin livid I've missed out on so much stilton. More to the point, how many people has the past 25 years erroneous advice killed??
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:27 years ago this week (ish) my dad had a 5 way heart bypass operation. His surgeon told him at the time that he was only days from a heart attack. At the hospital, his nurse told me to get my cholesterol checked on a regular basis and this is something I've done every year since, reducing my levels to first below 6.0, then 5.0 and now 4.0. On my doctor's advice, I've cut to a minimum the one thing I love, cheese, reduced my chocolate intake, virtually stopped eating red meat and limited my intake of eggs.

Only now, it turns out to be complete bollicks. Dieticians are now certain that the scientists got it wrong, that saturated fat is not in fact that bad for you and contributes virtually nothing to heart disease. Refined sugar is now believed to be the biggest issue, which for me is much easier to deal with. Reading around the subject (An excellent read in The Graun today - the Long Read) the methodology of the fat studies was shockingly bad and was often conducted by scientists with links to the sugar industry.

Not much gets me angry, but I'm absolutely feckin livid I've missed out on so much stilton. More to the point, how many people has the past 25 years erroneous advice killed??

I've longed believed that there aren't "good" foods and "bad" foods (or, not many of them) - diets that cut out stuff completely fail because people will eventually go back to eating what they like... I'm fairly sure that the rather tedious advice - everything in moderation - is probably about as good as you get...

oh - and less processed and more fresh has to be good... (I don't count cheese as "processed" for these purposes, even though it is!)

yoghurts... low-fat yoghurts often only have a very negligibly fewer calories than non low-fat yoghurts (5-10) - but have 5 times as much sugar... the full-fat yoghurt is healthier!

actually - I avoid most stuff described as "low-fat" or "diet"...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:54 am

thebish wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:27 years ago this week (ish) my dad had a 5 way heart bypass operation. His surgeon told him at the time that he was only days from a heart attack. At the hospital, his nurse told me to get my cholesterol checked on a regular basis and this is something I've done every year since, reducing my levels to first below 6.0, then 5.0 and now 4.0. On my doctor's advice, I've cut to a minimum the one thing I love, cheese, reduced my chocolate intake, virtually stopped eating red meat and limited my intake of eggs.

I've longed believed that there aren't "good" foods and "bad" foods (or, not many of them) - diets that cut out stuff completely fail because people will eventually go back to eating what they like... I'm fairly sure that the rather tedious advice - everything in moderation - is probably about as good as you get...

oh - and less processed and more fresh has to be good... (I don't count cheese as "processed" for these purposes, even though it is!)

yoghurts... low-fat yoghurts often only have a very negligibly fewer calories than non low-fat yoghurts (5-10) - but have 5 times as much sugar... the full-fat yoghurt is healthier!

actually - I avoid most stuff described as "low-fat" or "diet"...
Yep, stay away from anything artificial ( the EU springs to mind :mrgreen: )

On another note, Chinese wiring in solar lights, wiring? more like strands of hair!

Oh and spoke wheels on motorbikes, barsteward to clean, six hours for two bikes (still they look good when done :D )

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:11 am

I swear you spend more time cleaning and polishing than riding!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:20 am

thebish wrote:I swear you spend more time cleaning and polishing than riding!!

Sounds more like his sex life. 8)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:07 am

BBC News: National Museum Wales strikes over weekend pay at Big Pit and St Fagans
National Museum Wales strikes over weekend pay at Big Pit and St Fagans -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36005342" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is, of course, a barely concealed irony that the National Mining Museums should be on strike.

The next step is, surely, closure !! Then campaigns, pissing & moaning about "communities being decimated" & pickets being joined by gay activist groups and strange little boys who express their concern through the medium of dance.

Or maybe they're just misunderstood.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:15 am

bobo the clown wrote:Or maybe they're just misunderstood.
Oh Lord, ......

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:53 am

Bijou Bob wrote:

Never taken any notice of what's good and bad according to scientific studies on food and drink. They almost always do a complete reversal somewhere along the line. Fried eggs, salt, sugar, chocolate (in moderation) bread, chips, in fact almost anything claimed as bad for you sometime is fair game has never done me much harm. Although I hardly drink much other than tea these days I don't regard wine and beer as detrimental under ordinary circumstances. Off now for egg and bacon. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:42 pm

thebish wrote:I swear you spend more time cleaning and polishing than riding!!
Today, Settle/Ingelton/Burton in Lonsdale/Hornby/Garstang :D