Grumpy Old Man Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Sun May 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Little Green Man wrote:There's some real scumbags out there. The guy a floor below me got robbed for the third time in less than three years on Friday. They hacked their way through two doors and nicked his iPod, camera and wedding ring.

So why wasn't he wearing his wedding ring? Because the guy upstairs bonked his wife less than six months after their honeymoon.

Scumbags abound. Resistance is futile.
:evil: Are you the guilty party you naughty green thing!!!!???
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun May 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Sorry, should have said the guy upstairs from me. I'm sandwiched between the two of them.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun May 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Gertie wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:There's some real scumbags out there. The guy a floor below me got robbed for the third time in less than three years on Friday. They hacked their way through two doors and nicked his iPod, camera and wedding ring.

So why wasn't he wearing his wedding ring? Because the guy upstairs bonked his wife less than six months after their honeymoon.

And if your site names your nickname for your weapon of mass distruction. I'd really see a doctor, quick! :D

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun May 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Gertie wrote:

And if your site names your nickname for your weapon of mass distruction. I'd really see a doctor, quick! :D
I am a doctor - so I do consult myself - regularly.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sun May 11, 2008 2:54 pm

[quote=. I'm sandwiched between the two of them.[/quote]

Dirty feck*.
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Sun May 11, 2008 3:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:There's always been gang warfare, people wanting dominance through bullying and the ridiculous code of so-called respect that exists amongst the young. Only real difference through eras is that the one-to-one method of the clowns wanting to be cock of the walk has disaapeared, replaced by "me and my seventeen mates will sort you out". Problem isn't with the police, it's the lack of parental control and police action the government has imposed on society. They've effectively tied the hands of parents and police and given the little bxxxards licence to kill without fear of punishment.

If you did anything out of line when we were kids the police kicked your arse and dragged you home where your dad kicked it again. The thought of anybody threatening or abusing older people would have been met by a communal good-hiding from most of the males in the area. It just didn't happen; more chance of the offenders getting a whack from some old lady's walking stick. Not a chapter from "All our yesterdays", just a fact. What good example can kids get from a shaven-headed tattooed thug of a dad who walks about with a bull-terrier on a lead. That's not just a stereotype, it's a reality.

Kids of fourteen today are totally dangerous in this gang culture that's so eveident on a million street corners in this country. Make then afraid of reprisals via punishment and they aren't brave at all, just a bunch of kids made cocky because they know they win come what may. Give them a clout, you get done for bullying, face up to them, and, as happened to Worthy, the mobiles start ringing and the mobs appear.

Everybody knows the problems, no-one does anything about them. If they do, why is it still happening daily? Ban the hoods and the scarves, dispense the gangs, come down like the wrath of God on the offenders and punish the parents who let them run riot, and sanity may reign one day. Someone once said, "The only people who can disperse twelve lads off a street corner are twelve dads". Just never happens though does it?

:pray: well said Sir :pray:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon May 12, 2008 12:41 pm

I hate people who don't indicate at junctions and roundabouts. Especially when their brake lights don't work either.

I also hate people who drive using mobiles. F*ckin' ignorant tosspots.

People who think that, just because I have left a yellow box empty gives them Carte Blanche to drive out of a junction and park there, the inconsiderate TW*TS!

Tailgaters, middle lane hoggers and tractors.

I think it's safe for you to assume I do a lot of driving in my job, and come across this nonsense most of my days.

I don't like cabbage either, but that's a whole other thread.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 12, 2008 12:59 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:I hate people who don't indicate at junctions and roundabouts. Especially when their brake lights don't work either.

People who think that, just because I have left a yellow box empty gives them Carte Blanche to drive out of a junction and park there, the inconsiderate TW*TS!

I think it's safe for you to assume I do a lot of driving in my job, and come across this nonsense most of my days.

Bravo on the driving front my friend (I also spend a lot of time in my car, and wonder how people ever passed their test).

Can I also add (in no particular order):

BMW drivers, who assume the price of the car included ownership of the road, Range Rover drivers, who in my experience are just plain dangerous, people who insist on driving at 55 in the middle lane on an empty motorway, and people who hang about just to the right rear of your car with no intention of overtaking, thus forcing you to brake to overtake yourself.

All are in the little black book, and come the revolution....

Edit: Oh, and people who don't use the correct lane at a roundabout - particularly prevalant south of Watford - need shooting)
Last edited by Lord Kangana on Mon May 12, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:I hate people who don't indicate at junctions and roundabouts. Especially when their brake lights don't work either.

I was warming nicely to your post there Enfield, all till the last line that is. How on earth can you not like cabbage? I love the stuff.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:A victory for local justice in my humble opinion. Expect that they'll think twice about banging on me windows again.
More likely that they'll think twice about what weapon they'll gain their revenge with.
Mr Baseball Bat didn't even make an appearance. They want to push it, they need reminding that some of us oldies were dragged up on the same "mean streets" that they think they're in charge of.
That's just it though, there's plenty worse than baseball bats taken out onto the 'mean streets' these days, and enough of these vigilante stories have a pretty grim ending.

Anyway, I don't think it's the right way to deal with these things, but I can appreciate that there doesn't seem much option when the police are taking 2 hours to arrive.
Well it would do you out of a living I suppose!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 12, 2008 1:05 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:

Bravo on the driving front my friend (I also spend a lot of time in my car, and wonder how people ever passed their test).

BMW drivers, who assume the price of the car included ownership of the road, Range Rover drivers, who in my experience are just plain dangerous, people who insist on driving at 55 in the middle lane on an empty motorway, and people who hang about just to the right rear of your car with no intention of overtaking, thus forcing you to brake to overtake yourself.

Edit: Oh, and people who don't use the correct lane at a roundabout - particularly prevalant south of Watford - need shooting)
Not half as bad as all the other drivers of different models that don't understand that we get ownership of the road included as part of the deal...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon May 12, 2008 1:10 pm

:D
Businesswoman of the year.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon May 12, 2008 2:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

I was warming nicely to your post there Enfield, all till the last line that is. How on earth can you not like cabbage? I love the stuff.
Simple TD. My mum's cooking (sorry mum).

Years of my childhood spent trying not to eat boiled bacon and over-boiled cabbage leaves and under-boiled cabbage heart (or stalk as it's known)

I will eat raw cabbage in a coleslaw, etc., but NOT boiled. Won't have it in the house.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon May 12, 2008 2:13 pm

W&nkers who let their mangy curs squeeze out a few lumps of dog chocolate without stopping to clear it up.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 12, 2008 4:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:

Not half as bad as all the other drivers of different models that don't understand that we get ownership of the road included as part of the deal...
:mrgreen:

Its probably one of the extras like seats and a steering wheel you have to pay for....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:

:mrgreen:

Its probably one of the extras like seats and a steering wheel you have to pay for....
Indeed it is, along with InsidecarAir (TM) so that we can shout obscenities at people who don't understand this :mrgreen: