To those of you who exercise 'on the road'

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:26 am

jaffka wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Hey, I'm sure not advocating bowing to it mate, I'm seventy in September and still work full time and travel to Manchester every day to do it. I get walk, bus, walk, train, walk to work, and in reverse going home. My job is 30% physical and 70% office but I still use up some shoe leather in a year. No indeed, don't give in to age, just acknowlege its presence and accept that things need toning down some. As long as you can keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll get by. :mrgreen:
Is this you at work in Manchester?

Image :lmfao:
Barsteward. You've been spying on me. :evil:

:lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:16 am

TANGODANCER wrote: Hey, I'm sure not advocating bowing to it mate, I'm seventy in September and still work full time and travel to Manchester every day to do it. I get walk, bus, walk, train, walk to work, and in reverse going home. My job is 30% physical and 70% office but I still use up some shoe leather in a year. No indeed, don't give in to age, just acknowlege its presence and accept that things need toning down some. As long as you can keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll get by. :mrgreen:
Let me analyse that TANGO:

The first walk is because you habitually miss your first bus and have to walk to the terminus to catch the second.
The second walk is because you invariably nod off on the second bus, for obvious reasons, and have to trundle back to the station.
The third walk is because, on most days, you forget at which station you are supposed to alight and either get off too early or too late.

Consequently you are buggered by the time you finally reach the place of your employ and manage to skive off for 7 minutes of every ten (on average) by the age old method of sleeping with your eyes open.
In order to to stay in the land of the living long enough to get home to your Spanish villa you then do a Spike Milligan and walk backwards (a difficult exercise at the best of times; but no doubt the anticipation of a recently deceased bull - sans missiles - is not unlike the donkey and carrot method of motivation). :wink:

I salute you, sir, as an innovative and persuasive individual. To blink in the face of adversity is a human failing; to keep one's eyes closed to the world around one is careless; to nod off with one's eyes wide open is a sin; to wear dark glasses when negotiating a dark alley is stupid; to be blind and still negotiate the potholes and pitfalls of life is to be extraordinarily strong.

*The wine is taking its toll*

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:21 am

Dujon wrote: *The wine is taking its toll*
Wow, must be some wine that can turn a two-bed semi-detached in Farnworth into a Spanish Villa, mate. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:28 am

Compared to a 'terrace house' in Windermere Road, Leigh (no bathroom or dunny) your place is a veritable palace, old man - anyway you've probably got flamenco gnomes clogging their way through time as your welcoming staff and a lovely white stucco plaque announcing the estate as El Carmen. You'll have to put on a Rolf Harris accent to work out that one. :oops:

As far as the original point of this silly thread goes, I've decided to cut down my 'kilometrage' as I suspect that I have indeed being overdoing it a bit. My cramps/tics have disappeared but hopping out of bed in the morning finds me hobbling precariously on the edge of my feet/brain coordination limits. While it sorts itself out in a minute or two it is disconcerting should one be in a bit of a hurry to . . . well, you know. :wall: