English Defence League plans Bolton protest

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Well this lower class thicko kinda likes that idea.
As far as that bit's concerned, guess that makes me one too. Lower-class thicko's for liking a smoke and a drink....nice one.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:08 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:I've said it before but why don't we just let 'em go at each other? EDLoonies v Islamnutpots (with support from United Against Freedom) in a fight to the death. We could run a book.
I like it, but then I thought what do we do with the winners? I think I've got it. We could send 'em on tour, for example they could go to Spain and fight the ETA feck*, or have an EDLoonies vs Tamil Tigers deathmatch, Islamnutpots vs Sinn Fein. This could work. It'd be like real life World's Deadliest Warrior (simply the best TV show to ever EVER be made. Look it up).

As for the later points, guess I'm a lower class thicko as well.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:As a semi-related aside, I just got a "constituency newsletter" from Nick Griffin (which is more than I've got from Owen Coyle) as apparently I live in the North West constituency region.

Before hitting the "bin" button, I had a little look to see what he was waffling on about. All fairly nondescript until the bit about him wanting to reverse the smoking ban in pubs and cutting tax on alcohol.

I couldn't really be THAT fickle could I?
Griffin in trying to appeal to the lower class thickos shocker!
Just remind me what drinking and smoking have to do with class or educational status?

:roll:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:As a semi-related aside, I just got a "constituency newsletter" from Nick Griffin (which is more than I've got from Owen Coyle) as apparently I live in the North West constituency region.

Before hitting the "bin" button, I had a little look to see what he was waffling on about. All fairly nondescript until the bit about him wanting to reverse the smoking ban in pubs and cutting tax on alcohol.

I couldn't really be THAT fickle could I?
Griffin in trying to appeal to the lower class thickos shocker!
Just remind me what drinking and smoking have to do with class or educational status?

:roll:
worthy, you have to take on board the possibility that BWFCI was not talking generically, just referring to you and lower class thickos on this forum... It was personal... just trying to clear it up...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:18 pm

William the White wrote:
worthy, you have to take on board the possibility that BWFCI was not talking generically, just referring to you and lower class thickos on this forum... It was personal... just trying to clear it up...
No I was noting that the only thing Griffin apparently had to say of any interest was about reversing the smoking ban and reducing tax on alcohol.

I'm fairly certain and I hope that nobody on here and certainly not W4E is going to vote for Griffin purely on that basis, even though he may be in favour of those policies!

But there will be a lot of and how shall I phrase this better ermm you know from the "chav generation" who will be attracted to this and not care about the rest! This is making me sound like a snob but hey I can't artculate it any better!

That isn't to say others won't be of course, but its trying to appeal to the lowest base as the BNP always have done!

I should have expanded the original post I made as I see now how it reads, but I was at work and not thinking very much! Apologies if it did seem personal as in this case it absolutely wasn't!

finlayson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by finlayson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 pm

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

I certainly won't be attending the EDL demo, but they have every right to put their views across. After all their core message is anti-jihadist, which i'm sure everyone here would agree with.

However the knuckle draggers always turn up to these events.

I always have a chuckle at the 'anti-fascist' lot who try to deny people their democratic right to protest through the use of violence and intimidation!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:46 pm

finlayson wrote:“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

I certainly won't be attending the EDL demo, but they have every right to put their views across. After all their core message is anti-jihadist, which i'm sure everyone here would agree with.

I always have a chuckle at the 'anti-fascist' lot who try to deny people their democratic right to protest through the use of violence and intimidation!
i understand this argument...

we aren't yet in this place, and i guess, and hope, we never will be...

but, in Germany in the 1930's, there was one side who wanted to murder Jews because they were Jews, and there was another that wanted to stop them... sometimes in confrontations it's worth taking a side... don't you agree?

EDL is so far a very fringe grouping, tho clearly controlled/organised by the far right - they are not 'protesting' in any recognisable sense - their identified enemy is 'Islamic terrorists' but they mean moslems and then asians and then... Given the clearly thuggish nature of their interventions on the city streets of England so far, I suggest they don't hold democratic values very close to their hearts... But they're well up for 'doing the pakis'...

In which case, I think, it's worth taking a side...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 pm

William the White wrote:
finlayson wrote:“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

i understand this argument...

we aren't yet in this place, and i guess, and hope, we never will be...

but, in Germany in the 1930's, there was one side who wanted to murder Jews because they were Jews, and there was another that wanted to stop them... sometimes in confrontations it's worth taking a side... don't you agree?

EDL is so far a very fringe grouping, tho clearly controlled/organised by the far right - they are not 'protesting' in any recognisable sense - their identified enemy is 'Islamic terrorists' but they mean moslems and then asians and then... Given the clearly thuggish nature of their interventions on the city streets of England so far, I suggest they don't hold democratic values very close to their hearts... But they're well up for 'doing the pakis'...

In which case, I think, it's worth taking a side...
I'm with WtW and Pastor Martin Niemöller

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
William the White wrote:
No I was noting that the only thing Griffin apparently had to say of any interest was about reversing the smoking ban and reducing tax on alcohol.

I'm fairly certain and I hope that nobody on here and certainly not W4E is going to vote for Griffin purely on that basis, even though he may be in favour of those policies!

But there will be a lot of and how shall I phrase this better ermm you know from the "chav generation" who will be attracted to this and not care about the rest! This is making me sound like a snob but hey I can't artculate it any better!

That isn't to say others won't be of course, but its trying to appeal to the lowest base as the BNP always have done!

I should have expanded the original post I made as I see now how it reads, but I was at work and not thinking very much! Apologies if it did seem personal as in this case it absolutely wasn't!

:mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 pm

I thought Griffin was standing in Barking at the next election?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:45 pm

thebish wrote:I thought Griffin was standing in Barking at the next election?
why I was laughing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Deferentially not!!!!

copy n paste

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:00 am

thebish wrote:I thought Griffin was Barking ?
Your posts are getting more and more like the Davinci code every day.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
William the White wrote:

Excellent. Off to watch the match in the pub now, in me shellsuit. Think I'll get trollied. :-)