crims are getting harder to spot...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Might have been a bit less controversial if they'd managed to make it look like a haircut rather than him wearing a pea-green showercap. Looks like they'd be better off throwing out the Identikit stuff and just investing in Photoshop.
I don't get it? :wink:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Might have been a bit less controversial if they'd managed to make it look like a haircut rather than him wearing a pea-green showercap. Looks like they'd be better off throwing out the Identikit stuff and just investing in Photoshop.
the job would be 1000 times harder in photoshop

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 pm

thebish wrote:
they couldve altered the green hair with one of them colour replacement tools in post-production ?

ie, edit the final bitmap it (the photofit gear) had 'rendered', on photoshop.

that should be piss for a graphic designer type. and it looks like thats what they did, they just picked a stupid colour as the replacement

like that.

its a efitsoftwareinc "viral ad" imo. reverse psychology style. or a bug that only shows the Green in RGB on the hair.

probably the last one.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:56 pm

thebish wrote:
My computer isn't the fastest. Took about ten minutes including uploading here. Might not be perfect but....

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
My computer isn't the fastest. Took about ten minutes including uploading here. Might not be perfect but....

Good God! It's thebish!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:

eh??

you started from scratch and produced that photofit? looks like you just fannied about with the hair on a pre-existing photofit to little effect.

here's the actual job...

I describe someone I saw fleetingly running down a street - and you (from scratch in photoshop) make a photofit

it was a man - about 5ft 11inches - darkish mousey hair, slightly balding, bulbous nose, thin lips, a scar above his left eye, brown eyes and a prominent forehead...

do do that in photoshop from scratch would be 1000 times harder than to do it with the proprietry photo-Identikit software that the police use.

give it a go if you actually think scrapping the identikit software in favour of photoshop is a good idea..

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:56 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:

eh??

you started from scratch and produced that photofit? looks like you just fannied about with the hair on a pre-existing photofit to little effect.

here's the actual job...

I describe someone I saw fleetingly running down a street - and you (from scratch in photoshop) make a photofit

it was a man - about 5ft 11inches - darkish mousey hair, slightly balding, bulbous nose, thin lips, a scar above his left eye, brown eyes and a prominent forehead...

do do that in photoshop from scratch would be 1000 times harder than to do it with the proprietry photo-Identikit software that the police use.

give it a go if you actually think scrapping the identikit software in favour of photoshop is a good idea..
Sighs deeply.

The whole topic is about the hair and its lettuce like look. I changed the hair in less than ten minutes to something vaguely resembling blond (which I'm assuming the criminal had). I never said anything at all about producing a photo fit. I also forgot to add a pic of my tongue in its cheek in the OP. You really do make mountains from molehills don't you?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: The whole topic is about the hair and its lettuce like look. I changed the hair in less than ten minutes to something vaguely resembling blond (which I'm assuming the criminal had). I never said anything at all about producing a photo fit. I also forgot to add a pic of my tongue in its cheek in the OP. You really do make mountains from molehills don't you?
sighs (slightly less deeply)

it is a photofit.

you said the police should scrap their software and use photoshop.

they don't just use their software to do the hair.

hence - the quite straightforward observation that it would be 1000 times harder with just photoshop - as it would.

(PS - I started the thread - I know what it is about)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:02 pm

(not sighing in the slightest)

What happened to all the f*ckin lettuce jokes?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:(not sighing in the slightest)

What happened to all the f*ckin lettuce jokes?

you're asking this - and yet the best you offered was a reference to "salad days"??? :wink:

LK out!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:06 pm

I shoehorned both Radichio and (and!) endive and, and, and other stuff.

I reckon this makes me king of this thread, so if anyone's going to be doing the sighing its going to be me....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I shoehorned both Radichio and (and!) endive and, and, and other stuff.

I reckon this makes me king of this thread, so if anyone's going to be doing the sighing its going to be me....
so you're now King Kangana?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm toying with Lord Emperor, its less of a change. Maybe throw an Exalted in there for balance.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Might not be perfect but....

Good grief!

Well wilted, Tango.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Might not be perfect but....

Good grief!

Well wilted, Tango.
Well, the police might be watching this site and I might just get a reward. I already had a death threat. :wink:

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:14 am

Not really. I'm just trying to find out if Fernando Torres was actually born Scouse, then finding and shopping his Dad.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:05 am

Is it Noddy Holder?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:25 am

thebish wrote: it was a man - about 5ft 11inches - darkish mousey hair, slightly balding, bulbous nose, thin lips, a scar above his left eye, brown eyes and a prominent forehead...
Is it Mr Potato Head? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:55 am

Worthy4England wrote:Is it Noddy Holder?
my thought exactly Worthy.

... & to boot he had quite some 'previous' with a criminal record already ... mostly on Polydor.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks to the efforts of the T-W website, the police have now arrested the suspect (pictured below) and he is in custody awaiting someone to put up bail. Apart from the height the description helped enormously claimed the police.