Superstition

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Superstition

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Bloody hell. How do you make that smaller?
Bloody Hell LK - I've got a superstitious dread of large pictures: I'm now going to have to wash my bollocks six times with olive oil whilst chanting "ward off this LARGE picture".
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Here you go Bob, pass this one on to your friend

This poem was written by a terminally ill young girl in a New York Hospital. It was sent by a medical doctor. Make sure to read what is in the closing statement AFTER THE POEM.

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round,
or listened to rain slapping the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight,
or gazed at the sun fading into the night?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.

Do you run through each day on the fly,
when you ask "How are you?", do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed,
with the next hundred chores running through your head?

Ever told your child, we'll do it tomorrow,
and in your haste, not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch, let a friendship die,
'cause you never had time to call and say hi?

When you run so fast to get somewhere,
you miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
it's like an unopened gift thrown away.

Life isn't a race, so take it slower,
hear the music before your song is over.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO HELP THIS LITTLE GIRL.

ALL FORWARDED E-MAILS ARE TRACKED TO OBTAIN THE TOTAL COUNT.

Dear All:

PLEASE pass this mail on to everybody you know. It is the request of a special little girl who will soon leave this world as she has cancer. Please send this to everyone you know or don't know.

This little girl has 6 months left to live, and as her dying wish, she wanted to send a letter telling everyone to live their life to the fullest, since she never will. She'll never make it to prom, graduate from high school, or get married and have a family of her own..

By you sending this to as many people as possible, you can give her and her family a little hope, because with every name that this is sent to, The American Cancer Society will donate 3 cents per name to her treatment and recovery plan. One guy sent this to 500 people! So I know that we can send it to at least 5 or 6...

Just think it could be you one day. It's not even your money, just your time! But if you don't pass it on you will get boils and achy teeth, your cat will die and your house will burn down, you yourself will die horribly of the same disease the little girl has and when you've been buried a thunderstorm will flood the cemetary and your coffin will rise to the surface and your rotting corpse will end up floating into Sainsbury's.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 pm

What utter bollicks LLS. Nice poem with significant message aside, this is exactly the stuff that gets made up by Russian cyber criminals in the hope it will go viral and allow them to harvest as much detail as possible from Geekbook accounts.

This rant should really go in the angry thread. It's almost as bad as the thick tossers who think Apple really are going to give away 300 free i pads to random people who 'Like' their site. Fecking half wits.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Sorted it for you.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sorted it for you.
Nah, it was me washing me bits six times in olive oil while chanting...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 pm

I always put my left sock and shoe on before my right.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:I always put my left sock and shoe on before my right.
Perhaps if you put your right sock and shoe on before your left you might start winning more? :conf: :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:22 pm

I put my socks on before my shoes but that is not superstition - the sock drawer is beside my bed, while my shoes may or may not be.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:09 pm

So, you actually have your left shoe on before you've got your right sock on? Have I misinterpreted this? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:39 am

I have none. Mainly coz they're fecking stupid.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:41 am

They irritate the piss out of me too. Mainly coz people insist you *respect* them. Like religion, only worse, because at least that's about serious stuff. People go in the same box as those who read horoscopes or take vitamin supplements. 'Oh I thought you were intelligent. I must have been mistaken.'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:44 am

Prufrock wrote:They irritate the piss out of me too. Mainly coz people insist you *respect* them. Like religion, only worse, because at least that's about serious stuff. People go in the same box as those who read horoscopes or take vitamin supplements. 'Oh I thought you were intelligent. I must have been mistaken.'
Let's come back to this. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:35 am

Prufrock wrote:They irritate the piss out of me too. Mainly coz people insist you *respect* them. Like religion, only worse, because at least that's about serious stuff. People go in the same box as those who read horoscopes or take vitamin supplements. 'Oh I thought you were intelligent. I must have been mistaken.'
people insist that you respect stuff like the order they in which they put their socks on??

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:41 am

Yep! We had one lad who used to play football for us who would do his entire left leg, shin pad sock boot and tape before his right, which is fine, but he'd borrow your tape and take fecking ages and then get all defensive if you told him he was being stupid.

Mainly by 'insist you respect' I mean 'insist you don't disrespect' which I think here is a distinction without difference. People get all mardy if you call them idiots for them. Everyone has habits, but the idea that some cosmic bad thing might happen due to one's actions is a sign of narcissism, delusion and minor mental illness IMO!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:56 am

Prufrock wrote:Everyone has habits, but the idea that some cosmic bad thing might happen due to one's actions is a sign of narcissism, delusion and minor mental illness IMO!
you mean like this?
Prufrock wrote:I think it's going to be an ace final. Nadal-Federer in '08 good. That's a big jinx to throw out but they are both incredible players playing incredibly well.
:wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:09 am

I've never denied being narcissistic, deluded or slightly mentally ill :D! Not so much for that though, as I didn't actually believe it, and didn't make any actual life decisions based on it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:I've never denied being narcissistic, deluded or slightly mentally ill :D! Not so much for that though, as I didn't actually believe it, and didn't make any actual life decisions based on it.
i suspect that most other people are the same in that they don't ACTUALLY believe it either...

those that DO seriously believe it - (unless I touch every tree someone in my family will die) ARE actually mentally ill - it's a form of OCD...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:Mainly by 'insist you respect' I mean 'insist you don't disrespect' which I think here is a distinction without difference. People get all mardy if you call them idiots for them. Everyone has habits, but the idea that some cosmic bad thing might happen due to one's actions is a sign of narcissism, delusion and minor mental illness IMO!
I still maintain we wouldn't have won the Sherpa Van v Torquay at Wembley if I hadn't talked a steward into selling me his programme.

I was on a 2 year streak of never seeing us lose away when I bought a programme. We were 0-1 down and there were none left. Daft to think of it now but I was under the stand trying to find one when I saw one folded in a stewards pocket. I swear as he handed it to me and I belted up the steps Jules slammed in the equalizer 8)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Mainly by 'insist you respect' I mean 'insist you don't disrespect' which I think here is a distinction without difference. People get all mardy if you call them idiots for them. Everyone has habits, but the idea that some cosmic bad thing might happen due to one's actions is a sign of narcissism, delusion and minor mental illness IMO!
I still maintain we wouldn't have won the Sherpa Van v Torquay at Wembley if I hadn't talked a steward into selling me his programme.

I was on a 2 year streak of never seeing us lose away when I bought a programme. We were 0-1 down and there were none left. Daft to think of it now but I was under the stand trying to find one when I saw one folded in a stewards pocket. I swear as he handed it to me and I belted up the steps Jules slammed in the equalizer 8)
We weren't away. It was played at a neutral venue. Your programme purchase don't count for shit. :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:02 am

Well, I know we alwsys let one in when I switch the radio on to see how we're doing.

That's a fact.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".