Happy birthday Bruce

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Happy birthday Bruce

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:06 am

Jakerbeef wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Many, many thanks indeed. You're all very kind. Just a flying visit as I'm now off into Manny for a few Birthday drinkies before being taken to El Rincon for dinner. Hoo-bloody-rah. :pissed:

Will catch you later.

BTW - am also feeling a bit smug as it's 10 years ago today that I stopped smoking :patshimselfontheback: ;)
You quit on your birthday? That takes steelies.
I'd set my mind to do it on a set date, Jaker. Wasn't a whim thing or owt, but yes.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Many, many thanks indeed. You're all very kind. Just a flying visit as I'm now off into Manny for a few Birthday drinkies before being taken to El Rincon for dinner. Hoo-bloody-rah. :pissed:

Will catch you later.

BTW - am also feeling a bit smug as it's 10 years ago today that I stopped smoking :patshimselfontheback: ;)
I'd set my mind to do it on a set date, Jaker. Wasn't a whim thing or owt, but yes.

I quit just over 9 years ago. On my wife's birthday. Well, the evening of my wife's birthday as I ran out of fags and thought 'feck it, I'm not buying any more'

Best decision I ever made. :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:26 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Best not tell the wife that :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Best decision I ever made. She makes all the others. :grin:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Best decision I ever made. She makes all the others. :grin:
:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:32 am

Despite my Birthday falling on a Sunday this year, and my being off last week, I've just been informed that I'm still duty bound to get the cakes in!!!! Tssssk!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Despite my Birthday falling on a Sunday this year, and my being off last week, I've just been informed that I'm still duty bound to get the cakes in!!!! Tssssk!
See, I've never got this. Your birthday, surely they should be buying you cakes (and beer) :crazy:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Despite my Birthday falling on a Sunday this year, and my being off last week, I've just been informed that I'm still duty bound to get the cakes in!!!! Tssssk!
See, I've never got this. Your birthday, surely they should be buying you cakes (and beer) :crazy:
It is a bizarre one, but we all have to do it, I suppose.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
It is a bizarre one, but we all have to do it, I suppose.
I'm a tight arse and tell them it has gelatine made from pigs trotters in it :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:

Will catch you later.

I quit just over 9 years ago. On my wife's birthday. Well, the evening of my wife's birthday as I ran out of fags and thought 'feck it, I'm not buying any more'

It's coming up for seventeen months now without a smoke and I know I'll never go back to it, so I can crawl out from under the mulberry bush and say that what Bruce and others said about quitting, "just do it", is the only real way. I was a very serious smoker, on 60 a day at one stage (back when I could afford such luxuries). That lasted from 16 right up to seventy plus. That's a lot of smoking. For me, quitting was murder for a week or so, then I was off and away on a mission. I'd never tell anyone to quit if they don't want to, that's their free choice, and phasing down has some effect granted, but if you intend stopping, just do it. It's the only real way.

A relevant factor is that even on twenty cigarettes per day and working on a mean average of 75p per pack over time, ( they're about £7 a pack now) I've sent about twenty grand plus up in smoke. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:02 pm

many happy returns, Bruce.

you may be interested to know that you share your birthday with my brand new grandson - born Sunday at 7.00 pm... :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 pm

William the White wrote:many happy returns, Bruce.

you may be interested to know that you share your birthday with my brand new grandson - born Sunday at 7.00 pm... :D
Cheers, William. Excellent news - I hope all went well and that everyone's fine.

And at least I'll be able to remind you when his Birthday is. ;)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:17 am

tangodancer wrote: they're about £7 a pack now
£10.06 for a pack at a garage in Farnworth a couple of weeks back. Generally around 8.50...