The Official Strictly Thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Official Strictly Thread.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Frank Sinatra said: "You can wait around and hope, but you're never gona see the like of this again"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XhIuqsWVk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22742257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Erin, Flavia and Aliona not in this years show. Tango will be gutted about Erin....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:23 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22742257

Erin, Flavia and Aliona not in this years show. Tango will be gutted about Erin....
Think the organisers have lost the plot. Much as I love dancing, I've got a feeling the show's just about run its course. Can't blame anybody for leaving but it's all to same old, same old.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Think the organisers have lost the plot. Much as I love dancing, I've got a feeling the show's just about run its course. Can't blame anybody for leaving but it's all to same old, same old.
... is it a coincidence that this comes just after Brucie declared he was in it for another year ? He really should give it a rest .... he is a self parody now.

Apparently he's doing a turn at Glastonbury. Sometimes your best friend should tell you if no-one else does.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

... is it a coincidence that this comes just after Brucie declared he was in it for another year ? He really should give it a rest .... he is a self parody now.

Apparently he's doing a turn at Glastonbury. Sometimes your best friend should tell you if no-one else does.
Fully agree Bobo. He's had pleanty chances to get out ahead. Never been funny and although he's been a decent compere, he's old hat. Add to that professional free dance is nothing more than weight-lifting and acrobatics to music now. Real sorry to see the dancers go but...that's show business.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:16 am

One thing that'll guarantee that I don't watch something is the involvement of Bruce Forsyth. He makes my skin crawl.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:08 pm

No Flavia or Aliona, thats it for me too then
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Tango......guessing you already know, but first show is on tonight. Matching the celebs with the pro dancers...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Bruce should be put out to pasture......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Bruce should be put out to pasture......
The feck have I done now? Oh................... I agree :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Bruce should be put out to pasture......
The feck have I done now? Oh................... I agree :)
You'd be put out to stud.........maybe.......

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Tango......guessing you already know, but first show is on tonight. Matching the celebs with the pro dancers...
Aye, I knew and just watched it. Funnily enough, it looks like it might be a fun show this year entertainment wise. Can't stand Vanessa Feltz and Julian McDonald but I'll try to be nice. I knew Erin was going out, but really gutted about Natalie. She'll probably be back somewhere though as she's got a foot injury. Fiona Fullerton, 57 and still a real looker. What a dazzler she was when younger.. Hope Ben Cohen keeps up the tradition of rugby lads being good dancers. Matt Dawson and Austin Healey were great.

:oyea: Bring it on

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Susanna, Rachel, Abby and possibly Sophie......will make it worth watching...

Can only see it being a female celeb winner this year...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Susanna, Rachel, Abby and possibly Sophie......will make it worth watching...

I've decided that I need to spend more time with Mrs BP of a Saturday evening. I'm dead good to the wife, me! :wink:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm putting a tenner on the girl from Corrie. Its an absolute scandal of the first order though that Aliona has ended up with the fat golfer and ergo will be out on week one. Gutted!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Susanna, Rachel, Abby and possibly Sophie......will make it worth watching...

I've decided that I need to spend more time with Mrs BP of a Saturday evening. I'm dead good to the wife, me! :wink:
:D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm putting a tenner on the girl from Corrie. Its an absolute scandal of the first order though that Aliona has ended up with the fat golfer and ergo will be out on week one. Gutted!
I'll join you in being gutted if that happens.I want to see em move to music before commenting though. All a circus for the first half-a-dozen rounds. Dance takes second place to the public's favourites as well proven by John Sergent and Tugboat Annie. :wink:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Someone has to dance with the fatties. Made my day to see that James Jordan was partnering Vanessa Feltz. Mrs BP was praying that he was dancing with Susanna or Rachel. Take that Mrs BP! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:52 am

I shall make my annual appearance on this thread to say is this shoite still clogging up Saturday TV? And then I shall depart again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I shall make my annual appearance on this thread to say is this shoite still clogging up Saturday TV? And then I shall depart again.
I know you won't be coming back to read this, but just in case you do, pxxs off. :wink: