SMACKDOWN NEWS

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:19 pm

A little help?

I'm running out of catagories to vote on, and need some good ones for the quarter final. I have two but need more, does anyone have any good ideas for at least two catagories please?
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:26 pm

A little help?

I'm running out of catagories to vote on, and need some good ones for the quarter final. I have two but need more, does anyone have any good ideas for at least two catagories please?
I was going to suggest for next year that you drop the "articles" category (combining it in Threadmaker) and adding a "General Knowledge" category to complement the "Subject Knowledge (BWFC)" category (since we have a lot of general chat on here too). However if you wanted to add it to some later round this year it might be appropriate.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:28 pm

Commitment to Bolton (Effort made to travel to away games - sorry to our overseas contingent - )
Smiley use (I don't know what half of them are meant to mean)

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:33 pm

Cuteness

Although this might be pointless now that George Clooney/Brad Pitt lookilikie Crazy is no longer in the competition :(
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Also commitment to TW - voters could decide wether 20 posts a day deserves 10pts for commitment, or 0pts for sadness!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:45 pm

Commitment to Bolton (Effort made to travel to away games - sorry to our overseas contingent - )
Bit harsh on people who can't even afford to go to all home games, never mind away ones. Unless, that is, you are counting supporting them for fifty five years. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bit harsh on people who can't even afford to go to all home games, never mind away ones. Unless, that is, you are counting supporting them for fifty five years. :mrgreen:
Fair enough - general commitment then

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:14 pm

Have I mentioned that I've just had the pictures of the whole 58 cup final squad and this years current squad tattoed on my back? I've also changed my name to Commie Burnden-Park.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Have I mentioned that I've just had the pictures of the whole 58 cup final squad and this years current squad tattoed on my back? I've also changed my name to Commie Burnden-Park.
Oh, are you a North Korean Communist then?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:22 pm

Monty added:
:lol:
Quality!
Businesswoman of the year.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:29 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
그렇다
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tonight's competitors:

MONTY VERSUS MUMMY

The clash of the legal pedants! Europe versus North America, the Mummy Country versus the Young Dominion, Cambridge versus McGill, youth versus age, the true blue conservative versus the pinkish liberal, the golfer versus the hacker - a dramatic contest at so many levels. Bon chance, Mummy.

And the same to you, Monty. :D

Hinc lucem et pocula sacra.

Oh, and I'd just like to remind people that the Caption Competition was MY thread, before it was cruelly razed by Keveh. :wink:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:35 pm

And the same to you, Monty. :D

Hinc lucem et pocula sacra.

Oh, and I'd just like to remind people that the Caption Competition was MY thread, before it was cruelly razed by Keveh. :wink:
Well ours is "Grandescunt Aucta Labore", so there! Oh, and since we are in the vote grabbing mode, I'd just like to remind people that the Caption Competition thread was not my idea. Ha! :D

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:31 pm

The only catagories I can come up with at the minute are:

Forum Whore - Can this person be found throughout the site, or just in one forum? (Cheers Hoss :D )

Keveh's guinea pig - Can this person effectively use all the tools TW provides? [img], (quote), youtube, font colour, Font size, smileys etc.

Avatar ace - Does this person have a good avatar and sig? Do they change them often enough? (Cheers Hoss :D )

Dedicated - To What lenghs will this person go to to see his beloved whites in action? European follower, Season ticket holder, occasional ticket buyer, prem plus subscriber, MOTD morning repeat victim? (sorry, but I have stated that almost everyone will find at least one catagory that they will score low in) (Cheers Chris :D )

General knowlege - Same as the 'Subject knowledge BWFC' but in reference to the General Banter forum. (Cheers Monty :D )

Thoughts?

In fact sod it, I'll use them all :wink:
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:36 pm

The next last Smackdowns in round two have finished and the following advance into the Quarter final:

COWDRILL

MUMMYWHYCANTIEATCRAYONS

QUARTERFINAL ROUND UP

ZULU

THEBISH

COMMIE

SOTWA

TANGO

DAVID LEE'S HAIR

COWDRILL

MUMMYWHYCANTIEATCRAYONS

Next up:

THE QUARTERFINAL
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:56 pm

I hate Smackdowns, spesh when SOTWA changes the rules so he wins, and then changes them back straight after.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:14 pm

Again relieved to get through. Personally I would have scored it much closer with no clear winner obvious. LGM is a great asset to the site and a worthy opponent for anyone. Commiserations LGM. I just got lucky in the votes this time. Cheers to those who voted me through.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Batman wrote:I hate Smackdowns, spesh when SOTWA changes the rules so he wins, and then changes them back straight after.

....................................................................Image
NANA NA NA NANA NA NA NANA NA NA NANA NA NA SORE LOSERRRRR!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:49 am

Again relieved to get through. Personally I would have scored it much closer with no clear winner obvious. LGM is a great asset to the site and a worthy opponent for anyone. Commiserations LGM. I just got lucky in the votes this time. Cheers to those who voted me through.
I'm surprised I got any points for a couple of the categories to be honest. Good luck, Tango (even though at your age you should be competing in the Smackdown Masters).

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:20 pm

THE DRAW FOR THE QUARTERFINAL:

ZULU VERSUS THEBISH

SOTWA VERSUS COMMIE

TANGO VERSUS MUMMY OR MONTY

DAVID LEE'S HAIR VERSUS COWDRILL OR VILLAGE IDIOT

Right, go on! Whinge away!! :P