What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:32 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:a little dvd spree today - bought the 'Spaced' box set, both seasons of 'Nighty Night', 'The Day Today' boxset, picked up 'Blow' & Inglourious on Blu-ray - and following WoW's guardian list (The Wite thread) have just ordered 'Our Friends in the North'!

half way through the first series of Spaced at the mo - Classic!!!
Nighty Night just brilliant - you didn't see it when broadcast? Chillingly hilarious, so good...

Our Friends in the North outstanding - dramatised social history of four young friends going over thirty years on wildly divergent journeys, outstanding political drama written by the brilliant Peter Flannery... Last episode intensely moving... fuelled by a profound hatred of Thatcher and all her works... so I'm not exactly averse...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:38 pm

William the White wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:a little dvd spree today - bought the 'Spaced' box set, both seasons of 'Nighty Night', 'The Day Today' boxset, picked up 'Blow' & Inglourious on Blu-ray - and following WoW's guardian list (The Wite thread) have just ordered 'Our Friends in the North'!

Nighty Night just brilliant - you didn't see it ? Chillingly hilarious, so good...

Our Friends in the North outstanding - dramatised social history of four young friends going over thirty years on wildly divergent journeys, outstanding political drama written by the brilliant Peter Flannery... Last episode intensely moving... fuelled by a profound hatred of Thatcher and all her works... so I'm not exactly averse...
didnt see it when broadcast no, but from what ive read it sounds right up my street! liked Julia Davis on a few things tho, and Steve Coogan bigs her up too!

remember OFITN being on, but never sat down and got stuck into it properly.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 am

Went to see Avatar in 3D last night.

Visually - obviously it's fairly epic being so long in the making and with advanced technology. The 3D is a little strange at times, it didn't seem to be right now and then but for the most part it was good.

Mythology of the aliens..not too bad. Felt like it could have been lifted straight from an episode of Stargate.

Storyline is pretty standard and predictable though, an evil human corporation driven by profit looks to displace indiginous population sitting on valuable resources.

In many ways it reminded me of a Bruce Parry programme from the Amazon where the loggers are intent on cutting down the trees and sacred ground of tribes...

Oh and nice to see Michelle Rodriguez branching out and playing another tough chick!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Athers wrote:Went to see Avatar in 3D last night.

Visually - obviously it's fairly epic being so long in the making and with advanced technology. The 3D is a little strange at times, it didn't seem to be right now and then but for the most part it was good.

Mythology of the aliens..not too bad. Felt like it could have been lifted straight from an episode of Stargate.

Storyline is pretty standard and predictable though, an evil human corporation driven by profit looks to displace indiginous population sitting on valuable resources.

In many ways it reminded me of a Bruce Parry programme from the Amazon where the loggers are intent on cutting down the trees and sacred ground of tribes...

Oh and nice to see Michelle Rodriguez branching out and playing another tough chick!
sounds like:

dances with wolves 2: spacemans boogaloo

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

William the White wrote:

Nighty Night just brilliant - you didn't see it when broadcast? Chillingly hilarious, so good...

Our Friends is possibly my favourite drama series of all time. I've been waiting years to see it again, but the boxset is utterly impossible to get in any shops. General - where did you order it online from?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:31 pm

William the White wrote:

couldn't agree more - watched it at the time it was broadcast - and was living in the NE at the time (Hartlepool) - utterly spellbinding..

David Bradley is always worth his salt - and wasn't a young Christopher Ecclestone in it (well before his Doctor Who spell)?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:04 pm

ratbert wrote:
William the White wrote:

Our Friends is possibly my favourite drama series of all time. I've been waiting years to see it again, but the boxset is utterly impossible to get in any shops. General - where did you order it online from?
yeah, they wanted £120 nicker for it on Amazon - i just added it to my LOVEFiLM rental list in the end.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 pm

thebish wrote: David Bradley is always worth his salt - and wasn't a young Christopher Ecclestone in it (well before his Doctor Who spell)?
Yes - plus Daniel Craig. Doctor Who and James Bond in the same series!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 pm

BNP Wives.

For feck's Sake!!!!!!!

''I don't deny the Holocaust. I just query the numbers!'' :shock: :roll:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Shallow Grave on Film4. Great film!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Gary The Beaver wrote:BNP Wives.

For feck's Sake!!!!!!!

Hahah brilliant.

Check out this gem of a website....I keep expecting Hoboh to feature in it one day :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:30 am

Kevin McCloud living in the Mumbai slums. Despite the filth and vermin, the people are strangely happy, with a sense of community. They actually don't want to be bulldozed out of their ramshackle 'homes'.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:37 am

For feck's Sake!!!!!!!

That was on some time ago.

I didn't watch it - I was too scared by the image it conjured of a sort of Nazi-styled Reader's Wives.

You can picture it. Deeply unattractive, scrawny women with lank hair and dead eyes sprawl in badly decorated suburban bedrooms, naked save for a Swastika armband.

Although maybe the programme was something different.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:16 am

Puskas wrote:

For feck's Sake!!!!!!!

I didn't watch it - I was too scared by the image it conjured of a sort of Nazi-styled Reader's Wives.

You can picture it. Deeply unattractive, scrawny women with lank hair and dead eyes sprawl in badly decorated suburban bedrooms, naked save for a Swastika armband.

Really? Coz that's not how I imagine them at all, I see mousey, not unattractive if a little plain women, who always walk a half step behind their husbands, and secretly think he is a bit of a nice person, but also like standing next to him at parties and admiring the way he spouts powerful yet empty rhetoric whilst sectretly thinking, 'well that's not strictly true is it? But I do like it when John is so forceful'. The ones who'd say phrases like, 'he's right you know'.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:34 am

Unlike Labour wives who are all secret lesbians
Sto ut Serviam

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:44 am

Prufrock wrote:
Puskas wrote:

For feck's Sake!!!!!!!

Really? Coz that's not how I imagine them at all, I see mousey, not unattractive if a little plain women, who always walk a half step behind their husbands, and secretly think he is a bit of a tw*t, but also like standing next to him at parties and admiring the way he spouts powerful yet empty rhetoric whilst sectretly thinking, 'well that's not strictly true is it? But I do like it when John is so forceful'. The ones who'd say phrases like, 'he's right you know'.
These two characters were found within this gem of a programme.

One was a lonely divorcee, but not a holocaust denier.

One was an unspectacular looking fitness instructor who insisted on a White midwife because it was her husbands idea.

The third was a Kym Woodburn lookalike who said ''I'm a cat person.'' She then proceeded to point out various items of cat idolatory and then showed a statue of a chinese cat (?) whilst stating ''this is one of the ones they didn't eat'' :whack:

Just to cheer myself up after that I watched 'Cage Fighting Women' :pissed:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Unlike Labour wives who are all secret lesbians
A man who really knows how to deliver a powerful fantasy...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:16 pm

just watched 1st episode of second series of "being human" - weirdy stuff! - but entertaining..

I watched it via the wii on the telebox - cos now there is a wii BBCi player channel - and it is way better than watching it on the pc...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:08 am

Watched 'Dead Snow' last night (Død snø)

Norwegian comedy / horror effort about crazed Nazi Zombies terrorizing a ski resort!

nice :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:14 am

Watched 'Dead Snow' last night (Død snø)

Norwegian comedy / horror effort about crazed Nazi Zombies terrorizing a ski resort!

nice :D