The Official You Tube/weird world thread.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: The Official You Tube/weird world thread.

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:46 pm

That was bad. Noticed this CAS debate without ever knowing anything about it, and even admired Clappers for ploughing his lonely furrow. Beyond me however how anyone can be amused by that clip. I assume it is representative.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm

... is it fair, in this instance, NOT to watch it & yet still hate it ? I mean, I know the normal rules & all that but just think I should cut out the middle man.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:... is it fair, in this instance, NOT to watch it & yet still hate it ? I mean, I know the normal rules & all that but just think I should cut out the middle man.
i watched it - wondering if I had missed something, or that maybe his translation to telly was a revelation...

I was right first time...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
clapton is god wrote:A lovely Christmas message for you (warning, contains a certain Count.)

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2013/1 ... s-message/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:hang:

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and listened all the way through - wish I hadn't - is this some of his GOOD material????
I lasted 1 minute 15 seconds. I doubt it got better and it'd have struggled to have got any worse. :hang:
Dire, dire stuff... :wall:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Why does he hold his neck stiff and jerk his shoulders about?
I know there are more important questions, like "Why does he exist?" and "What is wrong with Clappers axon connections that allows his neural system to produce endorphine whilst watching that turgid shite", but I'm intrigued as to why the man thinks it is amusing to jerk about like a demented Thunderbird puppet?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 pm

If only advertising agencies had a crystal ball.....

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:58 am

this is like stuart holden verses blackburn or summat

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:58 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
clapton is god wrote:A lovely Christmas message for you (warning, contains a certain Count.)

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2013/1 ... s-message/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and listened all the way through - wish I hadn't - is this some of his GOOD material????
I lasted 1 minute 15 seconds. I doubt it got better and it'd have struggled to have got any worse. :hang:
I decided, in a weak moment, to break the habit of a lifetime and try and be open minded about it .... I gave the clip a whirl.

I mean, maybe I've been unfair and Clappers seems an undeniably fine cove. Possibly I've been mistaken ... or, at least, there'd be signs of talent which, if not to my taste, I could appreciate for themselves.

Who do I sue ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:58 am

a1 wrote:this is like stuart holden verses blackburn or summat

You cannot be serious man. Are you telling me that it took under a second for a bloke to boot a ball 57 yards and then another bloke catches the ball and runs the length of the pitch, (which if the first bloke's kick is 57 yards must be at least a hundred yards long) to score a touchdown, and all of that takes place in under a second?????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:06 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

I decided, in a weak moment, to break the habit of a lifetime and try and be open minded about it .... I gave the clip a whirl.

I mean, maybe I've been unfair and Clappers seems an undeniably fine cove. Possibly I've been mistaken ... or, at least, there'd be signs of talent which, if not to my taste, I could appreciate for themselves.

Who do I sue ???
Okay, I give up. I get it, only myself and perhaps a couple of other people like him.

But that's the thing with comedy, isn't it? Its all marmite to some extent but this c*unt is at the extremities of the spectrum. I honestly don't know why.

I first saw him at The Albert Hall in Bolton (shortly after I saw Frank Sidebottom there) and he was terrible. He never raised so much as a titter all night and the whole audience shuffled uncomfortably throughout the 'performance'. I guess he was developing the character back then. When I saw there was a TV series in the offing I initially thought it would be rubbish, but me and the lad sat down to watch and very soon into it we were both laughing uproariously. I guess part of the brain clicked and we both 'got it'. Since then I smile just looking at his picture and I find everything he does really, really funny. I genuinely think he is a brilliant comedy character in the best traditions of good old British comedy. And, I might add that my comedy bone is finely tuned. I like all the right stuff down the ages and hate all the right stuff too. It seems that this chap is maybe the exception, but I do genuinely think he extremely funny.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:50 am

LeverEnd wrote:If only advertising agencies had a crystal ball.....

I know somebody that had one (and successfully used it) until the age of 36.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:31 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: You cannot be serious man. Are you telling me that it took under a second for a bloke to boot a ball 57 yards and then another bloke catches the ball and runs the length of the pitch, (which if the first bloke's kick is 57 yards must be at least a hundred yards long) to score a touchdown, and all of that takes place in under a second?????
no. the game finishes when the ball next goes out of play. the last second allowed alabama to get one last play , if he'dve missed the FG and it went through the back of the field, it'd go to overtime , if he'dve scored theydve won.

that he missed but then the auburn returner never got tackled (which wouldve also ended the game and gone to overtime) is whats rare. missed field goals dont usually get returned for touchdowns.

i suppose its more like city vs qpr , or united vs bayern munich .

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:38 am

I'd have said it was Donnie-Brentford or Watford-Leicester you were looking for a1.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm

yeah, thats right (or better)

you think its gonna go only one way, but then the total opposite happens.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:25 pm

a1 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: You cannot be serious man. Are you telling me that it took under a second for a bloke to boot a ball 57 yards and then another bloke catches the ball and runs the length of the pitch, (which if the first bloke's kick is 57 yards must be at least a hundred yards long) to score a touchdown, and all of that takes place in under a second?????
no. the game finishes when the ball next goes out of play. the last second allowed alabama to get one last play , if he'dve missed the FG and it went through the back of the field, it'd go to overtime , if he'dve scored theydve won.

that he missed but then the auburn returner never got tackled (which wouldve also ended the game and gone to overtime) is whats rare. missed field goals dont usually get returned for touchdowns.

i suppose its more like city vs qpr , or united vs bayern munich .
Oh. Right. It makes more sense then.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Very old hat but always gets a laugh out of me. Loved the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOmf28QGEQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 pm

On this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25259031
UK Storm: Tears and anger for flooded tidal surge residents

... at about 23 seconds in, as the newsreader turns and points down the road, look at the back of the Enterprise van :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:On this

... at about 23 seconds in, as the newsreader turns and points down the road, look at the back of the Enterprise van :D
:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Serves you right, you nice person! :D

May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:On this

:lmfao:
May the bridges I burn light your way