fight the flab

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: fight the flab

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:02 am

Are you still doing that sea kayaking malarkey Bish? Only the missus showed me a video last night of a bunch of kayakers (sea kayaks by the look of 'em) and a killer whale jumped out the sea and rather clumsily landed on one of the kayaks. You might want to be careful out there :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Are you still doing that sea kayaking malarkey Bish? Only the missus showed me a video last night of a bunch of kayakers (sea kayaks by the look of 'em) and a killer whale jumped out the sea and rather clumsily landed on one of the kayaks. You might want to be careful out there :shock:
I'll install a rear-view mirror! 8)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:53 am

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Are you still doing that sea kayaking malarkey Bish? Only the missus showed me a video last night of a bunch of kayakers (sea kayaks by the look of 'em) and a killer whale jumped out the sea and rather clumsily landed on one of the kayaks. You might want to be careful out there :shock:
I'm not sure it would have helped :lol:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:
You could always go for one of these

http://twistedsifter.com/2014/09/transp ... ue-hawaii/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:

http://twistedsifter.com/2014/09/transp ... ue-hawaii/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it reinforced against attack predators? :shock:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:

Is it reinforced against attack predators? :shock:
No, but if it comes with the shapely paddling companion, you can always make a swift retreat while the shark is still deciding whether it could manage one leg or two.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:02 am

Only 2lbs lost this week. Still, it's better than putting 2 lbs on I suppose.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:31 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Only 2lbs lost this week. Still, it's better than putting 2 lbs on I suppose.
only?? 2lbs is a healthy sustainable amount to lose in a week... you should be happy with that! keep that up and it's a stone every seven weeks - over 7 stone in a year!!

I lost 2lb again this week - and I'm pretty chuffed with that!! :oyea:

I also lost another 3cm from my waist, 1cm from my neck and 1cm from my hips - though, my measuring of these various girths is probably not in any way accurate!! (I measure these every 2 weeks)
Last edited by thebish on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:39 am

Whilst not running I seem to be gaining the pounds you're losing..... :evil:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Only 2lbs lost this week. Still, it's better than putting 2 lbs on I suppose.
only?? 2lbs is a healthy sustainable amount to lose in a week... you should be happy with that! keep that up and it's a stone every seven weeks - over 7 stone in a year!!

True enough - just that I did more exercise last week than the week before, in which I lost 4lbs, so I can't work it out. But yes, it's heading in the right direction so I just need to plough on with it. :oyea:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

True enough - just that I did more exercise last week than the week before, in which I lost 4lbs, so I can't work it out. But yes, it's heading in the right direction so I just need to plough on with it. :oyea:
How long have you been going? If you're dieting pretty heavily you'll probably hit a wall at some point, then it's probably time to start thinking about 'cheat meals' to kick start your metabolism.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

How long have you been going? If you're dieting pretty heavily you'll probably hit a wall at some point, then it's probably time to start thinking about 'cheat meals' to kick start your metabolism.
I've only been at it for four weeks, Beefo. To be honest, if I can shift two pounds every week then I'll be happy with that overall. Plus also, without going daft, I do relax things at weekends as my social life tends to revolve around eating and drinking.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:05 am

3.5 lbs this week. So that's 12.1 lbs for the month. :)

Off to Holland for a week now. The hotel I'm staying in has a gym. It also has a sensational restaurant. :?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:10 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:3.5 lbs this week. So that's 12.1 lbs for the month. :)

Off to Holland for a week now. The hotel I'm staying in has a gym. It also has a sensational restaurant. :?
Good effort that Bruce. Nowt wrong with a bit of balance!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:32 am

I'd just like to say how impressed I am by the fact that no one, not one of you, chose to pick up The Bish on the delightful image he presented of him 'Measuring his girth'. Very well done.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:3.5 lbs this week. So that's 12.1 lbs for the month. :)

Good effort that Bruce. Nowt wrong with a bit of balance!
Cheers LE. Just arrived - better get the gym session out the way now then. :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Oooof. Just ordered a tuna steak in the restaurant which was served on a soon-to-be-ubiquitous 'hot rock'. What the menu doesn't tell you (and I'd forgot) is that every meal is served with a bowl of roasties, a bowl of chips, a bowl of cauliflower cheese, a bowl of coleslaw, some samphire soaked in summat or other, a bowl of pickled cucumbers, a variety of dips and sauces.

I ate the tuna and the pickled cucumbers and sent the rest back untouched (bar one chip), feck, that was tough. :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:01 pm

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:01 am

congrats to Bruce - some impressive tonnage being offloaded there!!

my weigh-day is late this week as i was on the road Sunday/Monday

but - another 2lb lost which takes me down (from 14stone two months ago) to 12 and a half stone...

I'd like to get somewhere in the mid-upper 11's eventually... but it's pretty much down to the bare bones now - just bones and internal organs - those are stubborn to shift!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:13 am

thebish wrote:congrats to Bruce - some impressive tonnage being offloaded there!!

my weigh-day is late this week as i was on the road Sunday/Monday

but - another 2lb lost which takes me down (from 14stone two months ago) to 12 and a half stone...

I'd like to get somewhere in the mid-upper 11's eventually... but it's pretty much down to the bare bones now - just bones and internal organs - those are stubborn to shift!!

There'll be nothing left man! :shock:

I'm 12 and a half stone. Wouldn't want to be any lighter.