Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:So what's it doing in Fleetwood? Do they have Thanksgiving that they're not quite in Morecambe? More American bollocks infiltrating our way of life. I suppose that Asda are at the forefront of this, are they? Being as they're owned by Walmart? Well they can feck off. Tesco have got some sensational offers on wine and they've sent me a booze voucher worth £7.50. That works for me. ;)
Amazon are the major culprits in this particular Americanisationary effort.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:19 pm

boltonboris wrote:Image

Think it's this...
:lol:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:So what's it doing in Fleetwood? Do they have Thanksgiving that they're not quite in Morecambe? More American bollocks infiltrating our way of life. I suppose that Asda are at the forefront of this, are they? Being as they're owned by Walmart? Well they can feck off. Tesco have got some sensational offers on wine and they've sent me a booze voucher worth £7.50. That works for me. ;)

Yeah, what the F*CK do they think they're playing at offering us MASSIVE discounts! The absolute B*stards. :roll:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:59 pm

mrkint wrote:Found out who our new owners are. It's private equity. Should be an interesting few months!
In my experience (3 occasions) makes near enough fck-all difference.

People anticipate a far more numbers orientated and aggressive regime and seem to self adopt that style. I've never yet been told to alter very much.

They do tend to focus on floppy spending .... so Indian Head Massages may be on the wane ... and home in on parts of the business which are big under-performers and high performing parts of the business may find themselves split off & sold on again quite quickly.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Yeah, what the F*CK do they think they're playing at offering us MASSIVE discounts! The absolute B*stards. :roll:
And that has exactly what to do with my gripe about the Americanisation of Britain? Wilde's remark regarding the price of everything and the value of nothing springs to mind here. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:00 pm

No skin off my nose, but what is it with all these firms jumping up wanting to lend people money? Seems like a new one pops on a TV advert every other week.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:No skin off my nose, but what is it with all these firms jumping up wanting to lend people money? Seems like a new one pops on a TV advert every other week.

probably because it works - and they make tons of cash... UK personal debt has just hit an all-time high - now standing at

£1.43 TRILLION

ok - a lot of that is mortgages - but a sizeable remaining chunk is credit cards and loans...

that averages out at £54,000 per housegold - and over 5,000 households became homeless last year because of rent and mortgage arrears.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:25 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/loan ... 50372.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That'd be this.

This Is Money (I think its them btw) are predicting financial Armageddon to do with house prices. You'll be pleased to know that they are predicting a cataclysmic property market crash. Interesting.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:34 am

God help everyone in The Clutha Bar in Glasgow and the Coppers in the helicopter. It's looking seriously grim. :(

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:17 am

Although it's a bit different here in that personal debt has reduced over the last three or four years it's still a bit of a worry. The problem seems to be that many are increasing their debts at about the same rate as others are retiring theirs. That sounds like a nice balanced situation. As a debt free sod looking in from the outside I see a few problems. Obviously these comments don't apply to every resident but that makes it worse.

At the moment our current cash rate is 2.5%pa. That puts new mortgages at or about 4.5%pa. These are historically low rates. So, those who have a couple of bob to invest in gilt edge stuff get 2.5%pa interest on that money. Therefore if a retiree has a 100,000 nest egg then an annual income of 2,500 will be received. That retiree would be lucky to pay two-thirds of the council rates from that never mind pay house insurance and buy food for a year.

The other side of the equation is, of course, the mortgaged properties. The vast majority of these are taken up by young people or those trying to 'upgrade'. These are the 'modern poor'. They seem to have an incredible desire to have the best of everything (whatever that might be) in order to keep up with the Jones'. Have you reached your current credit card limit? well, just get a new one from a different supplier. Given the interest rates charged on credit cards I can assure you that doing such will set you on the path to bankruptcy.

What happens if the interest rates on home mortgages increase as the economy recovers from the recent low levels? Could these people manage an increase of interest to, say, 8%pa? How about 24%pa?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:46 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:God help everyone in The Clutha Bar in Glasgow and the Coppers in the helicopter. It's looking seriously grim. :(
Indeed. Fingers crossed for survivors.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:40 am

When I'm watching BBC in HD, why can't they show the regional news in said format? The wankers!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:When I'm watching BBC in HD, why can't they show the regional news in said format? The wankers!
Yup.

Especially in the North West as the main news is broadcast from about 40' from the BBC North West studio.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Well, why can't they offer the FECKIN MASSIVE DISCOUNTS all FECKIN YEAR ROUND then, the tw@ts. My target was at the Americanisation not at the discountisation... So this :P to your :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:21 pm

I think this is the right thread, I'm appalled but somehow amused by this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-Me-Out-The ... ake+me+out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Woman on another forum asked me if I was going "gallivanting". Not heard that in a fair while. :)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Woman on another forum asked me if I was going "gallivanting". Not heard that in a fair while. :)
She must know something about you Mrs. Tango doesn't.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Woman on another forum asked me if I was going "gallivanting". Not heard that in a fair while. :)
She must know something about you Mrs. Tango doesn't.
Nah, if she knew me she wouldn't ask. Gallivanting is but a distant if pleasant memory. :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:43 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Well, why can't they offer the FECKIN MASSIVE DISCOUNTS all FECKIN YEAR ROUND then, the tw@ts. My target was at the Americanisation not at the discountisation... So this :P to your :roll:

'Cos then they'd be Fecking DFS and all that THAT entails. :roll:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:05 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

'Cos then they'd be Fecking DFS and all that THAT entails. :roll:
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください