The wonderful EU and Migration thread!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The wonderful EU and Migration thread!

Post by Hoboh » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Worthy won't say anything bad about the EU nor acknowledge it, I suspect his pockets are lined to some degree by Brussels.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Snore.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:42 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ne-UK.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 114 who came ashore at dawn on Wednesday include 19 women and 28 children. Originally from Syria, Lebanon and Palestine, they said they had made the crossing from Syria via Turkey and had been heading for Greece.
They were able to step on British land without being stopped. Military personnel at the base were alerted only after a fisherman spotted the migrants.
Oh that's okay then at least they were not Russian special forces!!!

A front line strike base for hitting ISIS and it looks like you can just rock up for tea and cakes, pleased I have no relatives currently stationed there!
I remember when in Germany near a USAF base, signs on the perimeter fencing said caution dogs and trespassers may be shot! (I think it actually said subject to lethal force).

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:04 pm

[quote]The plans being developed in Berlin and Brussels also include moves to “Europeanise” control of the EU’s external borders which would entail national governments surrendering some of their powers on their frontiers and granting at least some authority over refugees admissions, detentions, and deportation to EU bodies such as Frontex, the fledgling borders agency.

Some senior diplomats and officials in Brussels decry this as intrusion into national sovereignty which will be very difficult for some governments to accept. Policymakers in Berlin are aware of the sensitivities, but appear of a mind to proceed by stealth in small steps.[/quote]

Democratic EU!

PMSL

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:37 pm

I think you've confused The Wanderer for an RSS feed for arseholes :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:51 pm

I think Hobes runs his own targeted mailshot business...the hit rate is probably comparable...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:17 pm

I think, to be fair, we ought to congratulate whoever it was that suggested Hobes start his own thread. It at least corrals most of it in one place, although I did note Climate Change crept out earlier. Can somebody pleeeeeeeease link Mrs Merkel to a Climate Change Conspiracy?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I think, to be fair, we ought to congratulate whoever it was that suggested Hobes start his own thread. It at least corrals most of it in one place, although I did note Climate Change crept out earlier. Can somebody pleeeeeeeease link Mrs Merkel to a Climate Change Conspiracy?
Hot air? :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:31 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... tice-party" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh dear me, more of the folk of Europe sticking two fingers up at 'mamma Merkel' :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 am

you really DO have a weird thing going on for women in politics!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:32 am

Europe has no plan as Junker and Merkel continue to try to bully reluctant nations. They called a meeting of European heads/foreign ministers yesterday which, by all accounts (by which I mean "more than just the Daily Mail", as it doesn't suit some media to report it much, if at all), ended in chaos.

This isn't slowing down, and I suspect nor will it. Reports say that Lesbos received 64,000 new-comers LAST WEEK alone. Germany expects to have received 800,000 in 2015 by the end of the year. Refugees, migrants and opportunists are still pouring through the Balkans. Despite television images 80% of the incomers are young men between 18-24years old.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -head.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Grauniad takes a slightly different angle, of course, and lists a comprehensive set of fudges which will come to naught.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... ation-plan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... and not all opponents of what is occurring are swivel-eyed loons it seems "in Germany, there were reports of alarm among state security officials that Angela Merkel’s refugee policy was too generous. She is facing a backlash for offering asylum to all Syrians who arrive. According to Welt am Sonntag, an unsigned discussion paper circulated among security official warns: “We are importing Islamic extremism, Arabic anti-semitism, the national and ethnic conflicts of other nations and other concepts of rights and society.”

It warns of an extremist backlash among the “mainstream middle class”. “We will see many people turning away from this constitutional state.”

At least now Tony B. Liar accepts that people made mistakes. Not HIM, of course, but mistakes, nonetheless.

What a fckg mess.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:04 am

There's one town in northern Germany (called Sumte) population 120, who've had 1,000 migrants foisted on them by their regional government... their sewers have literally exploded, the local shop doesn't have enough space to stock all the necessarys and the local bus service no longer runs because it couldn't cope. It's not just a political mess, it's beginning to be an actual mess.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Hoboh wrote:Worthy won't say anything bad about the EU nor acknowledge it, I suspect his pockets are lined to some degree by Brussels.
No my pockets are not lined by anything to do with Brussels.

However, I'm sure you'll be along shortly, to congratulate the EU and MEP's on doing away with roaming data charges across the EU. A good thing, I'm sure you'll agree, along with the much lower cost tariffs they already negotiated for mobile phones.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Worthy won't say anything bad about the EU nor acknowledge it, I suspect his pockets are lined to some degree by Brussels.
No my pockets are not lined by anything to do with Brussels.

However, I'm sure you'll be along shortly, to congratulate the EU and MEP's on doing away with roaming data charges across the EU. A good thing, I'm sure you'll agree, along with the much lower cost tariffs they already negotiated for mobile phones.
Oh I'm sure that will go some way to appease the idiots that lay on foreign beaches updating their Facebook account!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:55 am

Austria Announces Plans to Build Fence Along Border With Slovenia
Before the EU there were no fences after the EU there are fences.
Looks like this project(EU) has worked!
Peace in our time, free movement and all that, we are even losing our holiday destinations one by one!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:16 am

Hoboh wrote:
Peace in our time, free movement and all that, we are even losing our holiday destinations one by one!
They're building a fence to keep hoboh out? :shock:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:35 am

Hoboh wrote:
I'm not sure there were no fences Hobes. I think the EU have fckd this ... and a lot of things ... up. But there were barriers beforehand, I'm certain of it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:54 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
I'm not sure there were no fences Hobes. I think the EU have fckd this ... and a lot of things ... up. But there were barriers beforehand, I'm certain of it.
I'm not counting Hadrian's wall :mrgreen:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Fair play, but I thought the Iron Curtain may have attracted your attention though.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:49 pm

and the berlin wall?