Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:37 pm

... & whatever you do, take the stupid glasses off, no white wig & don't smoke a cigar !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Trick or treating, obviously...with the little one in tow.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:10 pm

The pub. To avoid fooking trick or treaters.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 2103147133

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Trick or treating, obviously...with the little one in tow.
Talking of which .... when did "mischief night" get added to this list of stupid occasions ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-20151758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently, a police car burnt out, general mayhem and 'only' 39 arrests compared with 49 last year is viewed as an "improvement" !!

Feckin' Scousers.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:28 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:The pub. To avoid fooking trick or treaters.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 2103147133
Miserable get :wink:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Guilty as charged.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 am

Took a walk past the Island Queen on the way home last night,it was about 11pm tho, thought i might bob in for a jar if there was owt still going on but the place was pretty quiet so i wandered straight past. friggin smart round there tho!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:31 pm

It's a nice place, usually really busy on Tuesday for the quiz though this week was quiet for some reason. Probably because they were focusing more on halloween. Might be doing it next week so will let you know.

Anyway, this weekend I'm off to Bath (setting off tonight after work) for a nice relaxing holiday getting drunk and shouting at Bolton on the telly.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Verbal wrote:It's a nice place, usually really busy on Tuesday for the quiz though this week was quiet for some reason. Probably because they were focusing more on halloween. Might be doing it next week so will let you know.

Anyway, this weekend I'm off to Bath (setting off tonight after work) for a nice relaxing holiday getting drunk and shouting at Bolton on the telly.
I've told you ... go to Wells !!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Barrrrrrrrrrth.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Barrrrrrrrrrth.
The very home of the Slot Badger, no?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 am

Last night I was in Tewkesbury Abbey to watch Doris' dad get confirmed. I quite enjoyed it in parts, mainly the singing. The acoustics in that place are amaaaazing and some of the hymns were hairs standing up on the back of the neck. Was OK for the most of it, though very uncomfortable for the 'peace be with you' jazz. Don't think I offended anyone. Her sister (another non-believer) and I slunk off while they did the communion and blessing stuff then a bit more singing.

I haven't been to church in about 8 years. It's really odd being in there whilst they read out stuff that just sounds like it's out of a fantasy novel and everyone nods along. I quite enjoyed it as an observer though. More convinced than ever that it isn't for me though! It's just like a really nice cult.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 am

'Bout to drive with a Trailer for the first time ever!

Down a Freeway and Country Roads and all!

Hope it goes well!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:18 pm

2399 wrote:'Bout to drive with a Trailer for the first time ever!

Down a Freeway and Country Roads and all!

Hope it goes well!!
Don't brake suddenly (unless of course if you don't you would either hit a brick wall or mow down an old lady, in which case do) and don't go round corners fast (which is anyway very difficult to do in Oz seeing as you've got no corners) and you'll be fine.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Its a bit shit being away from home all week, kindda gets you down but i was talking to a mate last week who reckons im wasting the opportunity of living a single life in one of the best cities in the world! I think he has a point. I just potter about like i would at home, gym, play squash, summat eat, flicks... so ive decided to start trying do summat more interesting at least once a week.

Ive applied for loads of tv show recordings, im dying to see the inside of a tv studio and see how it all happens. I don’t like gigs, i prefer the work of a DJ but to enjoy this sort of fayre i need to be drunk or high or both, and im in at 6.30 every morning so thats out. One idea might be going to see a few plays? Never seen a play, not really sure where to start with this? There are loads of exhibitions all over the place that i need to start taking advantage of, museums too but they tend to close at 5pm. Another option is comedy. This seems to be favourite and easy to arrange. Have already been to a pre-run of Live at the Electric where Russell Kane turned up and did a turn, he was quality. And tonight its new material night at the comedy bar in Islington, so that should be good. Another other ideas welcome?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:18 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Its a bit shit being away from home all week, kindda gets you down but i was talking to a mate last week who reckons im wasting the opportunity of living a single life in one of the best cities in the world! I think he has a point. I just potter about like i would at home, gym, play squash, summat eat, flicks... so ive decided to start trying do summat more interesting at least once a week.

Ive applied for loads of tv show recordings, im dying to see the inside of a tv studio and see how it all happens. I don’t like gigs, i prefer the work of a DJ but to enjoy this sort of fayre i need to be drunk or high or both, and im in at 6.30 every morning so thats out. One idea might be going to see a few plays? Never seen a play, not really sure where to start with this? There are loads of exhibitions all over the place that i need to start taking advantage of, museums too but they tend to close at 5pm. Another option is comedy. This seems to be favourite and easy to arrange. Have already been to a pre-run of Live at the Electric where Russell Kane turned up and did a turn, he was quality. And tonight its new material night at the comedy bar in Islington, so that should be good. Another other ideas welcome?
You are in the best city in the world to see theatre (apart from the expens!). Where to start? Get Time Out - its theatre reviews and reccos are an excellent start to what you might fancy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:Last night I was in Tewkesbury Abbey to watch Doris' dad get confirmed. I quite enjoyed it in parts, mainly the singing. The acoustics in that place are amaaaazing and some of the hymns were hairs standing up on the back of the neck. Was OK for the most of it, though very uncomfortable for the 'peace be with you' jazz. Don't think I offended anyone. Her sister (another non-believer) and I slunk off while they did the communion and blessing stuff then a bit more singing.

I haven't been to church in about 8 years. It's really odd being in there whilst they read out stuff that just sounds like it's out of a fantasy novel and everyone nods along. I quite enjoyed it as an observer though. More convinced than ever that it isn't for me though! It's just like a really nice cult.
If the "peace be with you"jazz, is all the hand-shaking and hugging stuff, then I'm right with you. Not very Christian I admit, but it's how I feel about it. I loved all the church services far better when everything was in Latin. Had such a feeling of reverence about it. Candles, the smell of incense and singing Adeste Fidelis at New Year. Nothing like it.

Cult? CULT...Wow. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 pm

never really understood why saying summat in Latin makes it any more "reverent"...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 pm

thebish wrote:never really understood why saying summat in Latin makes it any more "reverent"...
God's favourite language, I understand... Not surprising, since he has been here since the beginning of Creation, but never got truly recognised until the Romans got on board that he should hark back to the good old days of Latin in prayer and song, candles, good peal of bells on a Sunday,...

Nowt wrong with that, he thinks... Do for me... He misses the autos da fe, i expect, and the burning of heretics, but likes the statues in Rome and several churches in Venice...

Which God and I have in common :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:44 pm

William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:never really understood why saying summat in Latin makes it any more "reverent"...
God's favourite language, I understand... Not surprising, since he has been here since the beginning of Creation, but never got truly recognised until the Romans got on board that he should hark back to the good old days of Latin in prayer and song, candles, good peal of bells on a Sunday,...

Nowt wrong with that, he thinks... Do for me... He misses the autos da fe, i expect, and the burning of heretics, but likes the statues in Rome and several churches in Venice...

Which God and I have in common :D
Image :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?