Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 am

William the White wrote:Which God and I have in common :D
Not hearing voices now, are we Will ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am

A Sportsman's Dinner tonight in Manchester.

Never been to one, not overly looking forward to it. The guest speaker is Lee Sharpe, with comedian Mike Farrell (never heard of him).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:A Sportsman's Dinner tonight in Manchester.

Never been to one, not overly looking forward to it. The guest speaker is Lee Sharpe, with comedian Mike Farrell (never heard of him).
Been to a few AG: Mike Summerbee, Paul Allot, Frank Worthington etc, and they're always good fun. Enjoy.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 am

TANGODANCER wrote:

Been to a few AG: Mike Summerbee, Paul Allot, Frank Worthington etc, and they're always good fun. Enjoy.
I'm sure I will once there....although, the thought of spending a night with the Freemasons...unless it's like the Stonecutters?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am

ive been to a fair few, never really been my thing. said a few years ago i wouldn’t do another one then came out of retirement a for Paul Gascoigne one which quickly reminded why id stopped going.

the sports stars are usually reciting a well worn. outdated script with cheesy over rehearsed punch lines; Frank Worthington was a huge disappointment giving is status, worst was Ricky Hatton, what a cock he is but we knew that anyway. They are sausage fest too, summat unnatural to me sat in a room with 400 hairy arse blokes on the piss. and drunk men in tribal situations like this need women, because if they haven’t a lady to get macho with, they start throwing punches. Thats another thing, it’s usually a massive piss up so the last thing i want after 8 pints is a nice civilised 3 course dinner half way through the night. then the comedians are usually the saving grace. but the one at Gazza was so out of touch i wanted to chin him (no women you see) ignorant, racist, misogynist, and arrogant when he got heckles. absolute prick.

Hope you have a nice time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I'm sure I will once there....although, the thought of spending a night with the Freemasons...unless it's like the Stonecutters?
Apart from toasting the Duke of York I doubt you'll hear much Masonic stuff on the night. :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Apart from toasting the Duke of York I doubt you'll hear much Masonic stuff on the night. :wink:
That's a relief :)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

ive been asked to stand for the national anthem at them before, feck off. think i walked out.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:50 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:ive been asked to stand for the national anthem at them before, feck off. think i walked out.
Believe it or not General, at one time, years back, everybody stood up for the national anthem at the end of a film at night time before the lights went up. I kid you not.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm

It's a recruitment drive!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 pm

It was actually ok...Lee Sharpe was decent, the comedian....I was beating him to the punch line.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:27 am

Went watching Zappa plays Zappa for the second time tonight. Such an amazing band, unbelievably tight and ridiculous musicianship. It's a shame Frank himself stopped touring before I was even born, if ZPZ are anything to go off, his live shows must have been immense.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I saw the ZPZ tour last year in Manchester. They did the whole Apostrophe album in full plus loads of choice cuts like City of Tiny Lites, 50-50, Inca Roads (Inca Roads!!!!!!!), Muffin Man, Baby Snakes, Dancin' Fool. Immense gig, incredibly talented bunch and loads of fun.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I saw the ZPZ tour last year in Manchester. They did the whole Apostrophe album in full plus loads of choice cuts like City of Tiny Lites, 50-50, Inca Roads (Inca Roads!!!!!!!), Muffin Man, Baby Snakes, Dancin' Fool. Immense gig, incredibly talented bunch and loads of fun.
This was a 'decades' tour, so they did some Mothers stuff, a few from Roxy, and other stuff from the 70's and 80's. Packard Goose was amazing, they also played an arrangement of Strictly Genteel which I think was the first time they've played it. Scott Thunes also played a few songs as a special guest.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Well, not here for a week or two ...

Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Leicester Square Theatre tonight to see Micky Flanagan in a warm up gig before his arena tour. Cracks me up that fella.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 am

Micky was phenomenal. Also got caught up in the new Twilight premiere. Don't care for the films at all but never seen the hoo-hah of a premiere before. Was pretty impressive!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Amateur production of And Did Those Feet opens tonight. Co-writer and me going to see it.

Looking forward to it. :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:00 pm

My get up and go has got up and gone so skiving off football training in the rain to slump in front of the PC and listen to the arsenal game...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 pm

William the White wrote:Amateur production of And Did Those Feet opens tonight. Co-writer and me going to see it.

Looking forward to it. :D
Oh. And where's this? :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way