General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Summat that will make her feel glamourous. They always moan they feel fat and frumpy when preggers, so glam should go down well. Or play it really safe with jewellery.
You should try being pregnant, I felt a right whale when I was. New clothes are always nice but sizing can be tricky and he doesn't want to put his foot in it, new mums can be a bit hormonal...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Chirpy wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:I'm after a gift for the mother not the baby
Boob job for afterwards
I'm after a gift for the mother not for me

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Summat that will make her feel glamourous. They always moan they feel fat and frumpy when preggers, so glam should go down well. Or play it really safe with jewellery.
You should try being pregnant, I felt a right whale when I was. New clothes are always nice but sizing can be tricky and he doesn't want to put his foot in it, new mums can be a bit hormonal...
Which is what I said :wink:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 pm

If I might add my ten pennorth General? Go for something personal. If you already have a child, make a card between you for her.

I wrote my Mrs a letter when my son was born, spelling out my feelings for her and our kids. I often caught her reading it for years after...........until the divorce that is :cry:

My point is that a letter or a card or a favourite photo of you both in a frame with a note saying that your feelings for her won't change, will last far longer and mean far more to her than a jumper, a pair of bedsocks or a trinket. It'll make her cry and it's the only time that you can make a woman cry and feel happy yourself.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:46 pm

The original gift voucher is no bad idea General, M&S or Boots or somewhere. Women like them because they don't feel guilty spending on themselves that way, least that's what the wife says. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:47 pm

I like Bob's idea too. He could do that as well as a little something.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 pm

i cant buy her a gift voucher, she has access to all my money anyway - she just buys what she wants...! i do really like the card idea tho, its something the 4yr old and i can knock up together - shell be made up with that!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm sure she'd really treasure it General, and it shouldn't cost you more than ten bob. Result!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:25 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:i cant buy her a gift voucher, she has access to all my money anyway - she just buys what she wants...! i do really like the card idea tho, its something the 4yr old and i can knock up together - shell be made up with that!
Don't believe his sentimental angle, General - Bob only suggested it because it was something that he could rustle up for under a Quid. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:47 am

thebish wrote:just seen a dog fall what must have been 50ft off a cliff onto a path... I was a couple of hundred yards away - heard the thud... (at first I thought someone had wanged a bin-liner over the edge...)

when I got closer - it staggered to its feet and wandered off round the corner... caught up with it - looking winded and shaken and bewildered (the dog - not me) - no sign of owner... eventually she appeared down the path looking for said dog...

no obvious bone breaks - but dog seriously subdued and shaken - so she carried him... gave them a lift up the steep ascent in the car and dropped them off at the vets...

i suspect there could well be internal injuries - it fell a fecking long way... :(

the missus went jogging past the spot near where the dog presumably took its leap today.... and she tells me there is a little bouquet of flowers tied to the railings..

so it doesn't look good... :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:49 am

thebish wrote:
thebish wrote:just seen a dog fall what must have been 50ft off a cliff onto a path... I was a couple of hundred yards away - heard the thud... (at first I thought someone had wanged a bin-liner over the edge...)

when I got closer - it staggered to its feet and wandered off round the corner... caught up with it - looking winded and shaken and bewildered (the dog - not me) - no sign of owner... eventually she appeared down the path looking for said dog...

no obvious bone breaks - but dog seriously subdued and shaken - so she carried him... gave them a lift up the steep ascent in the car and dropped them off at the vets...

i suspect there could well be internal injuries - it fell a fecking long way... :(

the missus went jogging past the spot near where the dog presumably took its leap today.... and she tells me there is a little bouquet of flowers tied to the railings..

Oh no. :(

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 am

thebish wrote:

No, I kinda suspected that outcome if the 50 foot was accurate. :(
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:53 am

On the list of things that I've ran over are two dogs, both of which got up and ran off. Someone once told me that they run off to go and die somewhere. I really hope that that's not true. :(

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:On the list of things that I've ran over are two dogs, both of which got up and ran off. Someone once told me that they run off to go and die somewhere. I really hope that that's not true. :(
i suspect it's true if you actually ran over them - as in car wheels rolling over their bodies... if they were glancing blows - every chance they survived...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:34 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:On the list of things that I've ran over are two dogs, both of which got up and ran off. Someone once told me that they run off to go and die somewhere. I really hope that that's not true. :(
i suspect it's true if you actually ran over them - as in car wheels rolling over their bodies... if they were glancing blows - every chance they survived...
The first one went under the wheels, the second one, a beautiful long-haired German Shepherd took the full front-on impact. Its owner called it across the road as I was approaching, the dick.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35 pm

We don't seem to have had any kitchens for a while :? . Gone bankrupt do you think?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:We don't seem to have had any kitchens for a while :? . Gone bankrupt do you think?
That's cos I've banned over 300,000 far eastern ip addresses to try and stop them. I'm worried that I've inadvertently banned Seanworth too though cos he's not been online for ages either.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:43 pm

What about BWFC-I and Oh, Jimmy Jimmy? Come on - what've you done with them?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Insanio is on and off most days. Not sure why he's not posting though.

Presumably jimmy jimmy is gimped up, crammed in a box somewhere in someone's cellar. :?
Businesswoman of the year.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:What about BWFC-I and Oh, Jimmy Jimmy? Come on - what've you done with them?
Just thinking the same.

Anyone know if Insano's ok- I'm sure he said he hadn't been too well?

Edit: cheers CH
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.