Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:27 am

Am off to Hornchurch Queen's Theatre (we have a season-ticket)

to watch.... Travels with my Aunt. Looking forward to a fine evening's entertainment

(The Queen's Theatre is a vibrant producing theatre serving East London and Essex. Under the Artistic Direction of Bob Carlton, the Queen's is home to cut to the chase... - the country's only resident company of actor-musicians who present a diverse, popular and innovative programme of eight main-house productions each year.)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:50 pm

William the White wrote: let me know what you think, Bruce...
Absolutely fantastic, William. So good in fact that I can't really find the words to do it justice.

Superbly well performed, highly entertaining, very funny. The Octagon offers limited space so I also though that they used the place fantastically well. I'd recommend anyone to go and see it. A quick scan of the audience showed all types to be there, with everyone enjoying it equally (including my mate's 16 year old daughter).

It's ridiculous that there were one or two empty seats. I even fancy going watching it again.

Don't know if I'll bother with what's up next though. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 pm

There next Saturday evening. Can't wait now!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:36 pm

clapton is god wrote:There next Saturday evening. Can't wait now!
Just let yourself go with it CiG and you'll love it, I'm sure. It's a bit of a mindfeck at first, hearing the words of Shakespeare in a more contemporary setting, but you soon sink into it and get to enjoy it for all that it is.

Let us know what you think, won't you?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote: let me know what you think, Bruce...
Absolutely fantastic, William. So good in fact that I can't really find the words to do it justice.

Superbly well performed, highly entertaining, very funny. The Octagon offers limited space so I also though that they used the place fantastically well. I'd recommend anyone to go and see it. A quick scan of the audience showed all types to be there, with everyone enjoying it equally (including my mate's 16 year old daughter).

It's ridiculous that there were one or two empty seats. I even fancy going watching it again.
Don't know if I'll bother with what's up next though. :wink:
It's fantastic, isn't it? I am going again. Last night. With eldest daughter. And really looking forward to it. i hope david thacker does a Shakespeare every season. The octagon hadn't produced one for years when Mark Babych directed the merchant of venice in his last season. So, two years on the run. Excellent!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:16 am

Went to watch White Lies in the new Factory Club in Manchester. Pretty damn awesome they were

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:11 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Went to watch White Lies in the new Factory Club in Manchester. Pretty damn awesome they were
Wanted to but sold out sharpish. Really wanted to see them and the place. What's it like then?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:05 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Went to watch White Lies in the new Factory Club in Manchester. Pretty damn awesome they were
Is that what used to be Paradise Factory?

Can't believe that I Am Kloot has sold out tonight. Muggins here was just going to roll up and pay on the door. Gutted!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 pm

I'm not sure Bruce, here's the link to the club: h[url]ttp://www.factorymanchester.com/[/url]

I have to say the sound system was outstanding, best I've seen/heard at a little venue. Size-wise it was similar to Night and Day, not big at all. Couldn't see a chuffing thing though - a combination of me being 5 ft 7, the stage being about a foot off the ground and much arms aloft. Very good gig, though full of pretentious scenesters

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Stonelove was originally at the Hacienda before being a long-standing night in Newcastle which I used to go to as a student up there. Bulletproof was a night up there too.
Probably just brands now though given time and changes of location with one or two old lads knocking about now n then?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Art auction at bolton uni... really fun night to raise funds for 2nd year students show... Bought three pieces. Spent £34... Hey, art is sometimes a bargain - liked all three, even when we got home...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
clapton is god wrote:There next Saturday evening. Can't wait now!
Just let yourself go with it CiG and you'll love it, I'm sure. It's a bit of a mindfeck at first, hearing the words of Shakespeare in a more contemporary setting, but you soon sink into it and get to enjoy it for all that it is.

Let us know what you think, won't you?
Absolutely tremendous! What a night out that was! The opening scene with the Greek generals was, as you say, a bit of a mindfeck and I was a little worried what we had walked into but after that, once I got to know who the characters were and what was happening it was just stunning. The actors were all wonderful and I noted there were two débuts on stage. Not a weak link amongst them and there were some wonderful performances.

The play within a play was a highlight for me and I had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks as did most of the audience. I've rarely heard so much laughter at a theatre!

This was only my second ever exposure to Shakespeare after McB over 40 years ago but I shan't think twice about booking next time. Once I got used to the dialogue and how it was being delivered I thought it was amazing.

Loved it, absolutely loved it. can't praise it enough. Really!

About half a dozen seats not taken in the house. If anybody fancies a top-rate night out at a very reasonable price go and see this before 6th March.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Unanimity on the-wanderer then... I'm really looking forward to seeing this again...

:D :D :D

And for the truly incredible opposite response to this wonderful production have a look at this malodorous garbage from City Life and the MEN...

http://www.citylife.co.uk/theatre_dance ... view/40695_

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:16 pm

^ Outrageous! Agree with him about the staircase, that did look a little dangerous. but nothing else.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:37 pm

out to the shed - to be alone with my saw - and a bottle of wine....

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:54 pm

thebish wrote:out to the shed - to be alone with my saw - and a bottle of wine....
Do you have the number of the samaritans and your mob?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:40 am

William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:out to the shed - to be alone with my saw - and a bottle of wine....
:D nahh... woodworking therapy - took out my grief and frustration on a long hooked branch and fashioned a rather fine hiking staff...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 am

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
:D nahh... woodworking therapy - took out my grief and frustration on a long hooked branch and fashioned a rather fine hiking staff...
So, you made a stick, out of a stick?

:twisted:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:38 pm

:D yes - that sums it all up rather well!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Heading off to Great Yarmouth on Thursday for the UPC-BUCS 8-ball pool championships. Will more than likely get my arse handed to me on a plate in both the individuals, but there is a small chance we may do something in the team tourney (we play in the shield, effectively div.3 of the university pool players)
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."