Wimbledon thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wimbledon thread

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 am

Jakerbeef wrote:ahem *cough*

Called it. (Well, sort of.)

Was chuffed to see him win Wimbledon outplaying Djokovic but strangely was more proud seeing him win the US Open last year. Getting over the Grand Slam hump was the important bit and paved the way.

Here's to a few more.
Well, sort of as you say.
Jakerbeef wrote:Murray will win a few [Grand Slam events - Ed.]before his time is up.
Wimbledon won't be one of them though.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:34 am

Ha. Foiled again.

Happy to be partially right though. Just never predicted he would out-hit Djokovic on grass.

I'm starting to get the suspicion that Murray is actually physically superior (more stamina) to Djokovic and that's really saying something as they're both bloody specimens.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:51 am

Jakerbeef wrote:Ha. Foiled again.

Happy to be partially right though. Just never predicted he would out-hit Djokovic on grass.

I'm starting to get the suspicion that Murray is actually physically superior (more stamina) to Djokovic and that's really saying something as they're both bloody specimens.
Let's not get too carried away now. I think many people felt if Murray lost that game it could have all come tumbling down. Djokovic's problem did not seem to be his stamina as he looked like he could have gone on a few more sets, but simply the fact that Murray made great shots when needed, and there's no better way to win than that way. That's my take anyway.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 am

seanworth wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:Ha. Foiled again.

Let's not get too carried away now. I think many people felt if Murray lost that game it could have all come tumbling down. Djokovic's problem did not seem to be his stamina as he looked like he could have gone on a few more sets, but simply the fact that Murray made great shots when needed, and there's no better way to win than that way. That's my take anyway.
Mine too. Though Djokovic said in interview after that he didn't have enough 'energy in his legs' or words to that effect.

I think they're pretty equal physically. For me the faster the surface the worse Djokovic is. Not much in it mind. Murray is probably the best on grass bar Federer (if he regains form) at the moment.

Apart from the French the previous three grand slams have been Murray Djokovic finals. They are now the two to beat I reckon......