Middle East Crisis

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Middle East Crisis

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:37 pm

June 2012
Turkey says its military rules of engagement have changed after Syria shot down a Turkish plane that reportedly strayed into its territory.
PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan told parliament that if Syrian troops approached Turkey's borders, they would be seen as a military threat.
Mr Erdogan spoke of Turkey's "rage" at the decision to shoot down the F-4 Phantom on 22 June and described Syria as a "clear and present threat".

"A short-term border violation can never be a pretext for an attack," he said. The Turkish jet was on a training flight, testing Turkey's radars in the eastern Mediterranean, he said.
Two faced rat! (yes he even looks like one too!)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Anyone taking a holiday in Turkey is supporting a terrorist state, you should be ashamed!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:27 am

Putin:
"At the G20 meeting that took place, by the way, in Turkey’s Antalya I showed a photograph, as I have already mentioned publicly, taken by Russian pilots from a height of five thousand metres above the ground. The photo shows a line of oil trucks that disappears over the horizon. It looks like a live oil pipeline. Oil is being supplied from territories controlled by terrorists in Syria at an industrial scale...
We can see from above where these trucks are heading. They are driving towards Turkey, day and night. I can presume that Turkey’s top leaders are unaware of this. This would be hard to believe, but it is possible theoretically.

However, this doesn’t mean that the Turkish authorities shouldn’t cut off these illegal transactions. There is a special UN Security Council resolution to this effect, which prohibits buying oil directly from terrorists, because these barrels contain more than oil – there is the blood of our people. The terrorists use the money from oil to buy weapons and ammunition, and then organize these bloody acts, with our plane over Sinai, in Paris, and other cities and countries around the world.

If Turkey is destroying it, we don’t see any smoke or flames from burning oil. Again, we’re talking about amounts on an industrial scale. A plant would have to be built to destroy that much oil. None of that is really happening. If top level leaders in Turkey know nothing about this, then tell them now. I admit that there may be some elements of corruption or collusion. Let them figure it out. However, we have no doubt about this oil going straight to Turkey. We can see it from the air: fully laden trucks go there and come back empty. Then again, they leave terrorist-held Syria for Turkey fully loaded, and return empty. We see it every day."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:48 am

Hoboh wrote:
Putin:
"At the G20 meeting that took place, by the way, in Turkey’s Antalya I showed a photograph, as I have already mentioned publicly, taken by Russian pilots from a height of five thousand metres above the ground. The photo shows a line of oil trucks that disappears over the horizon. It looks like a live oil pipeline. Oil is being supplied from territories controlled by terrorists in Syria at an industrial scale...
We can see from above where these trucks are heading. They are driving towards Turkey, day and night. I can presume that Turkey’s top leaders are unaware of this. This would be hard to believe, but it is possible theoretically.

However, this doesn’t mean that the Turkish authorities shouldn’t cut off these illegal transactions. There is a special UN Security Council resolution to this effect, which prohibits buying oil directly from terrorists, because these barrels contain more than oil – there is the blood of our people. The terrorists use the money from oil to buy weapons and ammunition, and then organize these bloody acts, with our plane over Sinai, in Paris, and other cities and countries around the world.

If Turkey is destroying it, we don’t see any smoke or flames from burning oil. Again, we’re talking about amounts on an industrial scale. A plant would have to be built to destroy that much oil. None of that is really happening. If top level leaders in Turkey know nothing about this, then tell them now. I admit that there may be some elements of corruption or collusion. Let them figure it out. However, we have no doubt about this oil going straight to Turkey. We can see it from the air: fully laden trucks go there and come back empty. Then again, they leave terrorist-held Syria for Turkey fully loaded, and return empty. We see it every day."
Syria doesn't have much oil.....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:55 am

30-odd thousand barrels a day...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:22 am

Enough to fund a terrorist organisation then.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Beefheart wrote:Enough to fund a terrorist organisation then.
Indeed. ISIS controls the large part of Syrian oil and this is its chief source of revenue. Whether they sell it illegally to Turkey or Assad, they are selling it.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Putin:

Syria doesn't have much oil.....
But it has enough to sell off in exchange of munitions
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:21 pm

^^ Given this week's Turkey/Russia issues I don't think you have to be Septic Leg to predict that these sites haven't got long to go.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm putting an internet fiver on some government w*nker using the Middle East, and related "energy insecurity" crisis, as a pretext for railroading fracking through in Lancashire despite the democratically elected representatives responding to their electorate and denying its proliferation.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:54 am

You kind of get the impression someone does not like he Turkish government, almost daring them to come and have a go.
Putin said he did not rule out that Ankara was acting with tacit approval from Washington, possibly so that the United States would look the other way to let Turkey "go onto Iraqi territory and occupy part of it".

"I don't know if there was such a trade-off, maybe there was," Putin said.

"If somebody in the Turkish leadership decided to lick the Americans in one place... I don't know, if they did the right thing," he added.

"Did they think we would run away now? Russia is not that kind of country," Putin said, speaking of Moscow's increased military presence in Syria.

"If Turkey flew there all the time before, breaching Syrian airspace, well, let's see how they fly now."

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:46 pm

The latest Left Internationalist poster boys, The Taliban, have just struck their most recent anti-Islamist, pro-western, running dog lackey bastards: they've slaughtered 14 people in Quetta, at a polio centre vaccinating children.
Well done, followers of the prophet, Allahu Akhbar, you cxnts.
If I could, I'd ask Ken Livingstone whether he feels they were "laying their lives down for a cause".
Actually, that's not true, I'd like to meet the tw*t and smack him in the gob. That and the fact these particular heroes didn't lay their lives down but are out there still, like shit on a shoe, stinking the planet up.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Soldiers of the Caliphate struck Jakarta yesterday. Aiming to slaughter as many people as the Paris attacks, the five Martyrs (a.k.a. Muslim Dickheads) launched an armed attack on Starbucks and a cinema. The brave fxckers managed to kill two coffee drinkers before two of the numptys (inshallah) managed to blow themselves up when assembling their gear. The other three then attacked the cinema, which was closed. Seeing that the martyr mission was going horribly wrong one of the three remaining dicks mounted a motorbike and rode at a couple of policemen who had turned up to see what the fxcking noise was. Fearlessly activating his grenade whilst one handedly crashing the motorbike, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's gimp charlie forgot to release the fxcking grenade and took his hand off (hint to gimp charlie, that's not why they're called hand grenades!).Allahu Akhbar! The security forces of the secular country but which is claimed as part of the greater Muslim Caliphate then took their time, four hours, reducing the incursion to little bits of shredded meat. :laugh:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:41 am

Russia’s intervention had been a major setback for international efforts to find a political solution to the crisis, Hammond said. The effect of the intervention was to strengthen Islamic State, he added.

“The Russians say they want to destroy Daesh but they are not bombing Daesh: they are bombing the moderate opposition,” Hammond said, using an Arabic acronym for Isis.

“Less than 30% of Russian strikes are against Daesh targets,” Hammond said. “Their intervention is strengthening Daesh on the ground, doing the very opposite of what they claim to be wanting to achieve.”
Why don't you be honest for a change Hammond and admit the less than 30% of Russian strikes far exceeds the US/coalition attacks on ISIS?
I would also add the "moderate" opposition don't spend most of their time engaging ISIS either!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 am

Yeah, they're probably too busy being offed by Assad to much care what ISIS does to the rest of the world. I blame Merkel.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:37 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Yeah, they're probably too busy being offed by Assad to much care what ISIS does to the rest of the world. I blame Merkel.
Actually these are 'Dave's' 60,000 so called friendly's who are going to fight ISIS, they kicked off against Assad, Syria brought on Putin as a sub, now they are getting their ass kicked. The only time they fought ISIS with any vigour was when both of them tried to occupy the same bit of land and they realised ISIS wanted it all for their self.
I believe they were brothers in arms for 2 minutes.
How is that all Merkel's fault?
US/UK/France and Italy are about to embark on making matters worse if they start mass displacement in Libya TBH but that is down to the European's allowing boats to cross the Med willy nilly, now with ISIS on the coast they are worried about boat attacks on cruise ships and commercial vessels.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:48 am

So, just to be clear here:

Putin bombs ISIS ("so called unfriendly's"?) with 30% of his capabilities - Gold tick and a star, well done!

Putin bombs "so called friendly's" with 70% of his capabilities- Gold tick and a star, well done again!

"So called friendly's" (and who calls them friends eh? The plot thickens..) get the shit kicked out of them in a ratio of 2:1 of the force used against ISIS by the Russians and Assad - boo, hiss, the bastards!

It's a strange, strange world you inhabit at times Hobes.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:51 am

The strange strange world of Hoboh:
Frankie shows off her soviet gold star badge...

That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:34 am

you'd think she could afford shoes that fit, wouldn't you?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:The strange strange world of Hoboh:
Frankie shows off her soviet gold star badge...

I've no idea what point you're making here but who cares?! :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"