Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I knew that bit, I'm often involved in our Merger and Acquisitions n stuff. Not sure I'd send 3 people, 3,000 miles just to do that bit though. They'd be doing a few other things too. ;-)
We're on their way to China. Now there they really do have work to do being as most of our business there is with government owned organisations and, well, you know?! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I knew that bit, I'm often involved in our Merger and Acquisitions n stuff. Not sure I'd send 3 people, 3,000 miles just to do that bit though. They'd be doing a few other things too. ;-)
We're on their way to China. Now there they really do have work to do being as most of our business there is with government owned organisations and, well, you know?! ;)
Government too, in China - so that'd limit hospitality to about the price of a moderate meal and a free "I "heart" America" company pen then. ;-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑

Exactly that Bruce. So, when someone is accused of breaking one of the ethical codes the employeewon't be able to say they didn't know about it. Simple as that.

Welcome to America.
Cheers, but I know this. It was my point. :?
I was backing you up. I won't in future !!!

:whack:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:34 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑

Exactly that Bruce. So, when someone is accused of breaking one of the ethical codes the employeewon't be able to say they didn't know about it. Simple as that.

Welcome to America.
Cheers, but I know this. It was my point. :?
I was backing you up. I won't in future !!!

:whack:
Do when I need you to. There's a love. ;)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 pm

My career, such as it is, has somewhat nose dived in recent years as I've slowly come to the realisation that in order to earn pots more money, I'd end up working in the evenings at home, at weekends and much more during the working day, with a great deal more associated stress. Not a trade off I'm prepared to make. I am however, becoming increasingly annoyed by people who seem to have been promoted well beyond their ability or indeed, common sense.

As an example, this morning I took part in a teleconference of a National Implementation Group which met via TC this morning. The Head Honcho, on around 90 grand plus, suggested that it would be a great idea to have some awards for those areas that have done well with the project so far. Cue lots of acquiesence. My comment that it was possibly the worst idea I'd heard for some time, met with a long silence and then the question, "Why"?? Even when I asked if he was intending calling them the National Implemention Group Awards, he still didn't catch on. Sometimes, I despair.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:My career, such as it is, has somewhat nose dived in recent years as I've slowly come to the realisation that in order to earn pots more money, I'd end up working in the evenings at home, at weekends and much more during the working day, with a great deal more associated stress. Not a trade off I'm prepared to make. I am however, becoming increasingly annoyed by people who seem to have been promoted well beyond their ability or indeed, common sense.

As an example, this morning I took part in a teleconference of a National Implementation Group which met via TC this morning. The Head Honcho, on around 90 grand plus, suggested that it would be a great idea to have some awards for those areas that have done well with the project so far. Cue lots of acquiesence. My comment that it was possibly the worst idea I'd heard for some time, met with a long silence and then the question, "Why"?? Even when I asked if he was intending calling them the National Implemention Group Awards, he still didn't catch on. Sometimes, I despair.
:D Peter Principle aside, I'm not sure your intervention was a career move....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 pm

I have no 'career' these days, so frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. It's fantastically liberating.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I have no 'career' these days, so frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. It's fantastically liberating.

I'd have kept schtum. What a fantastic opportunity to have made him look a complete Knob.
:mrgreen:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:33 am

You have made a sensible decision, Bijou Bob, you really have. In my opinion, apart from your family, nothing is more important than your health. Stress can be an insidious enemy and produce all sorts of effects, from discomfort to life threatening. Stress can also be from the sheer overload of work you are expected to handle and nothing to do with your competence at what you do for a living. Provided you can still put the bread on the table and enjoy your life then you're a winner.

Congratulations.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:55 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I have no 'career' these days, so frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. It's fantastically liberating.

I'd have kept schtum. What a fantastic opportunity to have made him look a complete Knob.
:mrgreen:
I'd have asked if we could have added on a (with attitude) :)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:13 am

Not really angry, but just somewhat bemused. Looked on Facebook this morning to see several 'I've taken this no make-up selfie to raise breast cancer awareness, and now I've nominated 5 people to do the same'.

I've seen a few of these now and I have to say I don't feel much more aware of breast cancer, and it mostly just comes across as 'Here's an opportunity to show everybody how I still look fairly attractive when not wearing make up (after making sure I get the angle and lighting just right), but I'm not vain because...breast cancer...'

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:58 am

Beefheart wrote:Not really angry, but just somewhat bemused. Looked on Facebook this morning to see several 'I've taken this no make-up selfie to raise breast cancer awareness, and now I've nominated 5 people to do the same'.

I've seen a few of these now and I have to say I don't feel much more aware of breast cancer, and it mostly just comes across as 'Here's an opportunity to show everybody how I still look fairly attractive when not wearing make up (after making sure I get the angle and lighting just right), but I'm not vain because...breast cancer...'
I've decided to start the new thing. After neknomination and nomakeupnomination it's.... (ta dah) knobnomination!
Next time I have a piss I'm going to photo my watsit and nominate 5 people to do the same.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Beefheart wrote:Not really angry, but just somewhat bemused. Looked on Facebook this morning to see several 'I've taken this no make-up selfie to raise breast cancer awareness, and now I've nominated 5 people to do the same'.

Totally agree.

A grim sub-genre of the 'look at me' approach to charity that seems to have developed.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:49 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:

Totally agree.

A grim sub-genre of the 'look at me' approach to charity that seems to have developed.
Yeah, I'm a bit bemused by it. Don't really ever wear make up myself so would be a bit pointless posting one even if I could see how on earth it helped anything. My news feed is full of them too though. Never knew how many of my friends wore make up! (or were silly enough to post selfies without it in the hope it would somehow help breast cancer awareness)

It seems as ridiculous as those 'post the colour of your bra or where you leave you bag at night to leave the men guessing and raise awareness of breast cancer.' messages I get occasionally. I hate to slander my sex but most men would never bother with something as stupid and pointless as that. :?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Indeed, it'd be far more appropriate and relevant for these women to fish their jugs out and photograph those instead. I think I'll suggest that on Facebook. :)

Image Tiiiiiiiiits oot!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Indeed, it'd be far more appropriate and relevant for these women to fish their jugs out and photograph those instead. I think I'll suggest that on Facebook. :)

Image Tiiiiiiiiits oot!
Funnily enough the other half suggested they all do the same last night, I was in full agreement :grin:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm quite surprised by just how grim some of my friends look without a bucket full of tutty on. One or two would frighten a Police horse at 30 feet.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm quite surprised by just how grim some of my friends look without a bucket full of tutty on. One or two would frighten a Police horse at 30 feet.
You've explained this to them, of course ?? :)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I've decided to start the new thing. After neknomination and nomakeupnomination it's.... (ta dah) knobnomination!
Next time I have a piss I'm going to photo my watsit and nominate 5 people to do the same.

You're going to nominate people to take a 'photo of your micturating penis? :shock:

Good luck with that!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Indeed, it'd be far more appropriate and relevant for these women to fish their jugs out and photograph those instead. I think I'll suggest that on Facebook. :)

Image Tiiiiiiiiits oot!
'If yer sellin them puppies love, ah'll 'ave the one with the pink nose'.