General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Looks like Bobo is in Slovakia and up to his old tricks again. http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/12/04/rive ... red-blood/
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Has anyone been to EuroDisney??

Please educate me.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Has anyone been to EuroDisney??

Please educate me.
Yes. It's Disneyland ... plain & simple. Less guaranteed weather than Florida and there are only the two parks but, of course, more accessible and you're able to 'do' it over a couple or three days.

To be absolutely honest it's more for the parents than the kids until maybe age 6 or so. That said, a smaller child WILL enjoy it, but won't
a). really understand what they're seeing even if they are enjoying themselves. ... nor
b). In later years actually remember very much of it.

Adults will enjoy it for itself and also vicariously through the obvious pleasure their children are having.

Stay in a site based hotel and you'll be closer to it all, see Disney characters in the hotel and maybe eat breakfast with Snow White. You will also be able to take a break mid-day. Being on-site means you can get on the park before the day-trippers and be on after they've gone home ... so you can grab the rides when they are less busy. We, on day two, ignored the light and firework parade and were getting on rides with ZERO queue's .. in some cases off and straight back on. When you've queued for an hour maybe at peak times you'll appreciate it.

Food is reputed to be better in Paris than in the US but it's still limited and expensive.

It's fun. But age plays a part.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks for that. I was thinking eurodisney for a day or two because she's four and a bit young for the full Florida experience - you reckon she's too young even for eurodisney? She would be properly buzzing if snow White was having breakfast near by!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:35 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Thanks for that. I was thinking eurodisney for a day or two because she's four and a bit young for the full Florida experience - you reckon she's too young even for eurodisney? She would be properly buzzing if snow White was having breakfast near by!!
No, she's not too young for it ..... it's bright and colourful and fun and, well, just good.

But she won't recall much ... at four though she lives in the day, much will pass her by for a longer-term memory. But at the time it will be magical. She will recognise some characters, but not that many, and so some things which will a few years later mean something to her won't at present. That won't mean she won't love it ... just that it'll be a single level of 'love it'.

Does that make sense ??

Plus you and the Lady General will enjoy it ... and enjoy HER enjoying it.

Obviously you have the babe also which if it's how you can work would be better left with grannie for the couple of days. Not everyone could do that but, to be honest, she'd get absolutely nothing from it and will (& honestly, I don't mean this badly) be in the way.

It's marvellous, but a million miles (OK, about 5,000 miles) from the bigger Florida experience. So you're certainly right to delay that for a while.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:18 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Thanks for that. I was thinking eurodisney for a day or two because she's four and a bit young for the full Florida experience - you reckon she's too young even for eurodisney? She would be properly buzzing if snow White was having breakfast near by!!

If you have to do a Disney it's ok General, & you'll probably see Snow White wandering around! Park Asterix down the road is good. More to do, easier to get on the rides and everything is under half price of Disney. If you're thinking of going toward the summer, you could do worse than stay at Berny Riviere, ( keycamp IIRC)about 45 mins drive from both parks. Camping/caravans/lodges etc. A nice park with a lot to do. And for dad's, you can drive up the road to where the Armistice was signed just outside Compiegne. The train to Paris from Soisson is handy as well, goes into Gare du Nord.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:07 am

the german penchant for simply sticking words together to make longer ones... :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:13 am

^^

:lol:

What the actual feck??

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks, thebish. :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 am

Made my Monday morning that. I love a germanpenchantforaddingwordstomakelongerwordsmondaymorningmadecartoon
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 am

Meanwhile in that bastion of democracy, Korea, North, The People's Democratic Republic of... Kim Jog-on's uncle has been ousted and the official media have petulantly described him (now) as "Ideologically sick and extremely idle and easy-going". Feck me, I reckon he's due to be shot at dawn.
The official announcement goes on to say:
"Chang pretended to uphold the party and leader but was engrossed in such factional acts as dreaming different dreams... leading a dissolute and depraved life... and was wined and dined at back parlours of deluxe restaurants".

But check out Jog-on's haircut. Running dog lackeys beware: this man has 'fashion', and a thousand yard stare

"I accuse you, sir, of dining at back parlours of deluxe restaurants"
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:34 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Has anyone been to EuroDisney??

Please educate me.
If you've not booked it yet, might I suggest you take out a second mortgage on your home if you intend to eat or drink anything while you are there? Burger, chips and a coke x 5 came in at 120 euros for my mate two years ago.

I've been twice, long time ago now and my kids loved it. If Im honest though, its tame compared to the Florida version. Personally, I'd save the money on Eurodisney and wait for Florida once your little one is 7 -10 years old. I really wasn't that bothered about going and I absolutely loved it. Twice.

If you've already taken the plunge......enjoy! :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:50 pm

We went to Disney in Florida in 1999. My parent's got 5 day passes, but we only used 4 days of them (one day at each park as Animal Kingdom had just opened). It seems that they always stay valid, so last summer, 13 years later I and a mate successfully used my parents tickets from the previous trip to get in! Space Mountain was as ace as I remembered it.

I will say though, I think Disney Land in Florida has the highest concentration of scousers outside of Liverpool.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Beefheart wrote:We went to Disney in Florida in 1999. My parent's got 5 day passes, but we only used 4 days of them (one day at each park as Animal Kingdom had just opened). It seems that they always stay valid, so last summer, 13 years later I and a mate successfully used my parents tickets from the previous trip to get in! Space Mountain was as ace as I remembered it.

I will say though, I think Disney Land in Florida has the highest concentration of scousers outside of Liverpool.
I didn't notice ... & I would !!

Scousers don't travel well, as a rule.

It was in the Magic Kingdom in Florida where were spotted what was to become known as "the Fat Family". Mom, Pop and 3 balloon shaped kids. One was in a wheel-chair, bless him. Disney are very positive to handicapped kids, and good for them. They let them ... and their family ... queue-jump. It's little enough for a lifetime of struggle and limitation, even if you &yours have queued for up to an hour for a particular ride.

Later we noticed that the fat, handicapped kid in the wheel-chair was now walking, and eating a turkey leg the size of an ostrich, along with a wheelie-bin sized coke and a pram-full of chips. In his seat was the fat daughter who earlier had been pushing.

Queuing for the Runaway Train ride, always one of the busiest on the park, up wheeled the Fat Family, this time with the 3rd child in the chair. They moved past the long queue and to the VIP gate as some guy with a broad Yorkshire accent shouted the never to be forgotten line " ... Oy !! What did being a fat bastard count as being handicapped ?!?" ... and the good humoured, patient queue started with additional "it was HIM in that chair half an hour ago !", "they aren't handicapped they're in our hotel ... and ate the whole buffet this morning !" etc., etc as the Fat Family abandoned the chair and did what would constitute, for them, a runner.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Last night I was going through my late great uncle's PC to ready it for use by my parents who are inheriting it. What a strange-feeling task it is. Someone's PC ends up being a little personal world all in one place. You don't mean to pry but at the same time I had to look for anything worth saving: photos, stories, family histories etc. The internet and mortality is something quite strange, when you're gone the trace of you is out there in a way that a collection of papers tucked away in the family's loft isn't - forum posts, Facebook, emails, blogs etc.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Yeah, with it claiming to be 'the most magical place on earth' we concluded that there must be a LOT of calories in magic.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Athers wrote:Last night I was going through my late great uncle's PC to ready it for use by my parents who are inheriting it. What a strange-feeling task it is. Someone's PC ends up being a little personal world all in one place. You don't mean to pry but at the same time I had to look for anything worth saving: photos, stories, family histories etc. The internet and mortality is something quite strange, when you're gone the trace of you is out there in a way that a collection of papers tucked away in the family's loft isn't - forum posts, Facebook, emails, blogs etc.
I had that 'pleasure' with my brother's, a few years ago and after a short while found it easier, less prying, less revealing and less scary to wipe it clean.

Best of luck.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... hears.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh dear :(
Sorry boys, you have my sympathy but it's the army, old days they'd have shot you for not carrying out an order.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... hears.html

Oh dear :(
Sorry boys, you have my sympathy but it's the army, old days they'd have shot you for not carrying out an order.
They may be reduced in rank .... but most are Privates. Is there a lower level ?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:55 pm

That last line did make me laugh though
They have all pleaded guilty to disobeying an order to stand up.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;