Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:would that be the market then just on the right (the building in front of the chimney), if it's where the current one is?

Pretty cool to see it look like that, particularly given the shambles it is now.
I thought the old market had a lower, flatter roof - could that building be the railway station (would make sense...)? I was never at the bus station. My memory is oit too good after fifty years either.
Right, I've been investigating. One of my neighbours has lived in Farnworth all her life and has a good memory of times past, so I asked her about it all. I was right about the location being more or less where the bus station is today. The glass roofed building was apparently a timber factory and the chimney belonged to it. (She called the owners Itch and Scratch for some unknown reason). As for Farnworth Railway Station, which is still in limited use, it used to be much busier when the Radcliffe, Kearsley, Bury, Heywood Castleton and Rochdale line was in use from Bolton. As I remember it ( from going out with a Prestolee girl) it was alway pretty much a one-horse affair. It's also down Cemetry Road on the other side of Market Street, so nowhere near the pic.

My neighbour also loaned me a book called Nostalgic Bolton with some great pics in it of times past. (I have Bolton Memories, which the wife bought me) which is similar. Happy days.

Edit. I've established that the writing over the entrance of the pic says "Market Arcade"
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Brussels Charleroi? Oh do feck off.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Brussels Charleroi? Oh do feck off.
Though, it does have the advantage of not being in Brussels.

If ever interested, I know a superb hotel & restaurant in Namur.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Always on the hunt for that kind of info, Bobo. Namur's between Charleroi and Liege isn't it? I could actually work this to my advantage :)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

More disillusioned than anything tbh.

Out in Bury today and my heart sank twice in the space of two minutes.

Firstly, standing in a queue in a shop and a couple of tills down, there's a bald bloke with a face tattooed on the back of his head. Being the nosey sort, I decided to have a look at who the tattoo was of. On closer inspection, it turned out to be 'old red nose'. :roll: He then turned to the side to reveal another tattoo. This time it was a clock showing the time at 3.04pm with the word 'Munich' beneath it. :roll:

After exiting the shop and returning to the car, there was a couple with their son and daughter. The father was shouting at the daughter, when the mother spouted a line that I will remember until my dying day. 'It's not her you should be having a go at. It's Arsene!'. :shock:

You really couldn't make it up.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:More disillusioned than anything tbh.

Firstly, standing in a queue in a shop and a couple of tills down, there's a bald bloke with a face tattooed on the back of his head. Being the nosey sort, I decided to have a look at who the tattoo was of. On closer inspection, it turned out to be 'old red nose'. :roll: He then turned to the side to reveal another tattoo. This time it was a clock showing the time at 3.04pm with the word 'Munich' beneath it. :roll:

After exiting the shop and returning to the car, there was a couple with their son and daughter. The father was shouting at the daughter, when the mother spouted a line that I will remember until my dying day. 'It's not her you should be having a go at. It's Arsene!'. :shock:

:lol: , I thought Bury was meant to be reasonably well off, or at least in comparison to Rochdale.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Next doors have an old dog, Masie. A very neurotic chocolate lab. Getting slow and invalid they fear she may not last that much longer.

Now, I'm not doggy, so not sure how this works, but, while Masie remains they have bought a puppy. A black lab. Bouncy and lively, as you'd imagine. They do seem to be getting on OK.

They have called him .... I kid you not ... Bobo !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 pm

:lol:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote: :lol: , I thought Bury was meant to be reasonably well off, or at least in comparison to Rochdale.
And on what had you based that thought? I await your detailed breakdown.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

:lol: , I thought Bury was meant to be reasonably well off, or at least in comparison to Rochdale.
I don't understand the relevance of the comment to the post Dan? B.P, are you sure she didn't say our shane? :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote: :lol: , I thought Bury was meant to be reasonably well off, or at least in comparison to Rochdale.
It is factually a moor well of town that most that are surrounding it, don't make me get the government figures out again Bruce as we will both end up looking stupid. You for being wrong and myself for insulting Bolton.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

I don't understand the relevance of the comment to the post Dan? B.P, are you sure she didn't say our shane? :wink:
Not often you hear people named after football managers nor do you see people who have tattoos all over their face.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:49 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

Not often you hear people named after football managers nor do you see people who have tattoos all over their face.
I know I shouldn't ask, I really shouldn't, but what exactly has a bloke with a tattooed face or even a kiddie called Michaelangelo got to do with how well off a town is financially?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:14 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
It is factually a moor well of town that most that are surrounding it, don't make me get the government figures out again Bruce as we will both end up looking stupid. You for being wrong and myself for insulting Bolton.
That piece in again in English, please? :conf:

Go on, let's have these figures then. Only, despite your poorly thought out assertion I can't possibly be wrong nor look stupid one way or the other. See, I haven't claimed anything. I've only asked you to substantiate your claim. How've you struggled with that?

So please, get your figures out.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:27 am

*for the lads.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:29 am

TANGODANCER wrote: B.P, are you sure she didn't say our shane? :wink:
:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:11 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Bobo - can you PM me the details please?

I'll trade you for details of a cracking place in Kortrijk, if you like?! :)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Go on, let's have these figures then. Only, despite your poorly thought out assertion I can't possibly be wrong nor look stupid one way or the other. See, I haven't claimed anything. I've only asked you to substantiate your claim. How've you struggled with that?

http://uklocalarea.com/browse.php

It is a government website, updated yearly which is aimed at providing all the information needed on a local area including the deprivation index which uses the factors of income deprivation, employment, health, education, barriers to services, living environment and crime to give an overall picture on how any postcode in England or Wales compares to the rest of the country. Just go and have a loom around or you could save yourself the time and admit that Bury is noticeably nicer according to the stats then many of the towns around it sadly.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

http://uklocalarea.com/browse.php

It is a government website, updated yearly which is aimed at providing all the information needed on a local area including the deprivation index which uses the factors of income deprivation, employment, health, education, barriers to services, living environment and crime to give an overall picture on how any postcode in England or Wales compares to the rest of the country. Just go and have a loom around or you could save yourself the time and admit that Bury is noticeably nicer according to the stats then many of the towns around it sadly.
Dear God :roll:

Admit? What are you on about at all?

I haven't claimed anything about anywhere, one way or the other - I made that as plain as day in my previous post.

Given your propensity to spout baseless bollocks on here I asked you to substantiate your claim.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm

I see that Jeremy Clarkson's in hot water again. I have no problem with that, it serves him right for being a tedious, boorish prick. However, he's in bother for apparently referring to an Asian guy as a 'Slope'. Well, this is a new one on me. What's a 'Slope' and what's the connection that makes it so offensive? :conf: