Shooting in Paris at satirical mag

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shooting in Paris at satirical mag

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... dists.html#

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/global-d ... syria-iraq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/mi ... ravel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nope - I'm still not aware that this is the case for the UK. In September, our democratically elected government said they were going to introduce legislation to enable the UK to stop people suspected of travelling abroad for the purpose of joining terrorists etc. I don't believe it's been enacted yet - could be wrong though.

We've always had a multitude of powers available to stop people coming back to the UK - since the British Nationality Act in the 1980's..
Where are you at???
The other week a plane was delayed on a UK runway while someone was removed to stop the travelling to Syria!
We, your beloved European nations, ARE stopping folk travelling out of the UK to these places. Not in mass terms but then again I haven't heard of ISIS or Boko Harem chartering flights yet.
I'm guessing you're talking about the case of the 15 year old girl that was hauled off a plane because she was a minor?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-off.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spare me!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:They're not stopping them moving there are they? It's the coming back bit they're bothered about.
Germany on Friday announced new measures to prevent its citizens from travelling to join the jihadist cause in Iraq and Syria, including confiscating their identity papers.

Under a deal struck by interior ministers from the federal level and Germany’s 16 states, authorities will be able to take away ID cards from alleged Islamic militants to stop them from leaving the country.
A French law to seize passports is being fast-tracked through parliament, and the government is ramping up arrests of increasingly young teenagers making plans for jihad.

That can mean last-minute arrests at the airport, as happened to a 16-year-old girl and her alleged recruiter trying to pass through security in Nice on Saturday, and to a man at Australia's Melbourne Airport who was pulled off a flight last week carrying tens of thousands of dollars in cash and the Islamic State group's black-and-white flag in his luggage.
I didn't say "going", I said "moving". They don't want them to go because they're scared they'll go, get battle hardened and indoctrinated and come back and be a danger here. What's the best way of stopping that? Stop them going in the first place.

You're not telling me that if the Govt. thought these people they're so worried about wanted to go away and not come back at all they'd not jump at that chance?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Reet.
This thread has gone on long enough and is no longer about the subject matter in the OP.
Frankly there have been some pretty angry and extreme posts made here by folk who should know better but given the extreme circumstances of the attack and in the interests of free speech the mods have turned a blind eye. Maybe that was a mistake I dunno.

Anyway, it's been over a week now so I think it's time to call it a day and lock the thread. Ta.
Businesswoman of the year.