Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:42 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-11040378

If you don't like it, fcuk off
I'm a black man and I have been tried by a white jury. It's pretty clear what happened in that court and it's the opposite of justice”
I like the next line where it points out he wasn't actually convicted by the jury.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 pm

cophilie wrote:

I'm a black man and I have been tried by a white jury. It's pretty clear what happened in that court and it's the opposite of justice”
I like the next line where it points out he wasn't actually convicted by the jury.
So, a white guy charged with the same offence would have been aquitted? Yeah, right.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
cophilie wrote:

So, a white guy charged with the same offence would have been aquitted? Yeah, right.
I'm sirprised he was convicted though, without colloborating evidence it seems?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:30 pm

William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
cophilie wrote:

It's Scotland, William. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 pm

William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
cophilie wrote:

Have you listened to N-Dubz?

I'm assuming he's been found guilty on witness testimony? What were they going to do fingerprint the girls ass? :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:59 pm

The guy, like the rest of the band, is a proper grade A cockjob. Am I inclined to think there is a miscarriage of justice from someone who claims to have been discriminated against by a white jury when he wasn't even convicted by a fecking jury? Well I'm sceptical. It is a rare thing to get done for though, it's a bit hard to prove.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:The guy, like the rest of the band, is a proper grade A cockjob. Am I inclined to think there is a miscarriage of justice from someone who claims to have been discriminated against by a white jury when he wasn't even convicted by a fecking jury? Well I'm sceptical. It is a rare thing to get done for though, it's a bit hard to prove.
But in his outside the court statement, he doesn't appear to be denying he's pinched her butt. Many "crimes" people get done for is reliant on witness testimony only.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Prufrock wrote:The guy, like the rest of the band, is a proper grade A cockjob. Am I inclined to think there is a miscarriage of justice from someone who claims to have been discriminated against by a white jury when he wasn't even convicted by a fecking jury? Well I'm sceptical. It is a rare thing to get done for though, it's a bit hard to prove.
True, but the girl...you would.....you know you would!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Nah, she's got wonky eyes...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:53 am

Worthy4England wrote:
But in his outside the court statement, he doesn't appear to be denying he's pinched her butt. Many "crimes" people get done for is reliant on witness testimony only.
That's what I don't get about his comments, or more I do get because, as said he's a grade A* twunt, but, ignoring that, and taking his argument to its logical conclution, he should still have gone down, it's just so should some other people. The dick. That doesn't mean it isn't worth looking at. I'm not sure to take Tango's point he would have gone down if he'd been white, or to take the nuances into account, I'm not sure he would have been convicted had been a white person with a low profile. That is very much worth looking into, but it doesn't mske him any less guilty.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:55 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
True, but the girl...you would.....you know you would!

Meh she's pretty enough, but oranginas like her are ten-a-penny round any city centre, and she's a dick, so for that reason im out, or at least not in.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Prufrock wrote: I'm not sure to take Tango's point he would have gone down if he'd been white, or to take the nuances into account, I'm not sure he would have been convicted had been a white person with a low profile. That is very much worth looking into, but it doesn't mske him any less guilty.
My point was that the offence only, and not any issue of race or colour, should be considered. The guy is obviously used to girl groupies falling all over so-called pop stars and, in that, why did the girl agree to go upstairs to a "party", leave, then claim sexual assault? That said, if she objected, she should have left as soon as he touched her. She did say no and that's what matters, and these days "sexual assault" of this nature, is a far greater crime than it used to be. If it weren't millions of girls/women from past eras would create a whole new additional generation of courts and lawyers. As for the rest, if we start into black/white juries making a difference, then our integrated society is just a joke and racism is alive and well. If it had been a black girl and a black jury, what difference should that make to the offence or the verdict? The guy is a total prat for even trying to use that as a consideration. He's obviously well-balanced as he's got a chip on both shoulders.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:56 pm

haven't fixed the screen format.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

ARSE!!

despite reappearing last night - stephen Nolan is STILL on r5 during the day....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:41 pm

The drummer also gave evidence at the trial and told the court that he is like "honey to a swarm of bees" when it comes to female fans.

He claimed that he had been touring all over Europe for years and would not have suddenly done something like this in Glasgow, which was "hardly a haven for models".
:lol: :lol: Fantastic!!
"Tell me how many people could have been convicted for squeezing a girl's arse, nearly every guy could be up for that."
Even better... I plead guilty, your honor

Brrrap
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:03 pm

boltonboris wrote:
The drummer also gave evidence at the trial and told the court that he is like "honey to a swarm of bees" when it comes to female fans.
They should all have gone to Specsavers. :wink:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:37 pm

thebish wrote:ARSE!!

despite reappearing last night - stephen Nolan is STILL on r5 during the day....
He is a 100% jerk, beats me why he's allowed to crawl all over R5's schedule whenever anyone is on holiday...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:38 pm

William the White wrote:

He is a 100% jerk, beats me why he's allowed to crawl all over R5's schedule whenever anyone is on holiday...
I'm not sure I've heard a great deal of his stuff. Surely he can't be as skin-crawling as Jeremy Vine? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:

I'm not sure I've heard a great deal of his stuff. Surely he can't be as skin-crawling as Jeremy Vine? :conf:
Photo-finish...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:43 pm

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:

Photo-finish...
The man needs to be sent back to his little late night studio when he can whine on to his hearts content.