creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:36 am

Our top order is demonstrably and statistically poor. We've just been beaten by a very average side. You do come out with some utter nonsense. When we had a solid top order I wasn't saying we had a poor one. Now we do have a poor one, I am saying it. If you want to make a case that they aren't poor with some reason then I'm all ears....
Right amigo, you asked, so here goes. Instead of pooh-poohing every opinion but your own, accept that cricket, like all sports, is played by human beings and not robots. Accept that we, the English no longer have a divine right to win everything in sight, and that we aren't number one at very much these days. In fact, we're far from it. Despite that we make a pretty good fist of competing with the best and if it were all so clear cut as you make out, why do bookmakers even exist? Would you walk in the dressing room of Joe Root's team and say what you did above to them? Somehow, I really doubt that.

You're an armchair critic like the rest of us mate, and not an expert, and one of the first to see the negative side of almost everything, being dismissive (as in the bold above) of anything you don't agree with as "utter nonsense", it isn't, it's called supporting and opinionism, but accepting that nothing is set in stone in sport, nothing at all.We just keep cheering and hoping...Would we support Bolton otherwise? Have a nice day.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Our top order is demonstrably and statistically poor. We've just been beaten by a very average side. You do come out with some utter nonsense. When we had a solid top order I wasn't saying we had a poor one. Now we do have a poor one, I am saying it. If you want to make a case that they aren't poor with some reason then I'm all ears....
Right amigo, you asked, so here goes. Instead of pooh-poohing every opinion but your own, accept that cricket, like all sports, is played by human beings and not robots. Accept that we, the English no longer have a divine right to win everything in sight, and that we aren't number one at very much these days. In fact, we're far from it. Despite that we make a pretty good fist of competing with the best and if it were all so clear cut as you make out, why do bookmakers even exist? Would you walk in the dressing room of Joe Root's team and say what you did above to them? Somehow, I really doubt that.

You're an armchair critic like the rest of us mate, and not an expert, and one of the first to see the negative side of almost everything, being dismissive (as in the bold above) of anything you don't agree with as "utter nonsense", it isn't, it's called supporting and opinionism, but accepting that nothing is set in stone in sport, nothing at all.We just keep cheering and hoping...Would we support Bolton otherwise? Have a nice day.... :wink:
See, once again instead of actually saying "I think our top order is good because...." you come out with a load of generic waffle. You could copy and paste that paragraph to explain why Bolton lose every week. No divine right to win. Not robots. Not number one....

Our top order isn't very good. That is my point. Simple as that. Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree then what are you using to support your point of view?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

See, once again instead of actually saying "I think our top order is good because...." you come out with a load of generic waffle. You could copy and paste that paragraph to explain why Bolton lose every week. No divine right to win. Not robots. Not number one....

Our top order isn't very good. That is my point. Simple as that. Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree then what are you using to support your point of view?
Whatever you say sir, I bow to your wisdom and experience, the selection committee have been informed of your views. I leave you to your superior self. Enjoy the sunshine but keep your brolly handy. :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 pm

First one-day international, West Indies 360-8. Chasing that, Roy got a ton and we're on 271-2 right now. Root on 73, Morgan on 33. Looking good.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Won by 6 wickets at 364-4. Root(102 caught at the death) and Roy both got centuries, Morgan 65. Great result and third highest ever chase of all time. Well done. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:43 pm

THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A CRICKET MATCH. Unbelievable scores for a one day match. Aftr losing the third game at the death, this was almost beyond belief as a comeback...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... tch-report

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Windies all out for 49 yesterday... :shock:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:19 pm
Their top order's shite!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:53 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:19 pm
Their top order's shite!
Is that you Insaney? :wink:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:37 pm

I genuinely don’t understand the issue with saying our Test match top order isn’t very good? It’s our glaring weakness that holds us back, hence why the batting coach has just been sacked and we’re lining up our umpteenth debutant in recent years for the Ashes. We’re a warm up game against Ireland away from the first test V Australia, and we still don’t have a 1 or 3!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Me thinks maybe you come from a different angle, jimbo.

I can't see anyone has suggested our top order are the bollocks. The gripe is some folk only pop by when there's a stick to beat with and never come near nor by when stuff goes well.

By the by, I just wasted a couple of minutes counting. In the last 51 matches that England have played, since March last year, they have won 29 and lost 12.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:13 pm

As of now in today's T.20 W :shock: INDIES 71 all out. The fiasco continues......

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:05 pm

All over. England 72-2. Won by 8 wickets with 57 balls to spare. Massacre... :oyea:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:33 pm

In the last 52 matches that England have played, since March last year, they have won 30 and lost 12.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:36 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:33 pm
In the last 52 matches that England have played, since March last year, they have won 30 and lost 12.
I guess they must have won one in February (based on your prior calculation).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:49 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:36 am
Enoch wrote:
Eh?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:49 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Eh?
I was trying to figure out where the extra match came from based on your earlier post. But maybe you just added a very recent win.
Enoch wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:56 pm
By the by, I just wasted a couple of minutes counting. In the last 51 matches that England have played, since March last year, they have won 29 and lost 12.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Eh?
I was trying to figure out where the extra match came from based on your earlier post. But maybe you just added a very recent win.
Enoch wrote:
What, like the one from yesterday?

:wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Eh?
Enoch wrote:
What, like the one from yesterday?

:wink:
Try to remember that you are several hours ahead of us..... :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Glad we figured out the stray 1. Now what happened to the other 10?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.