Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Off to see William's play tonight. I note that only a few seats remain for tonight with both Friday and Saturday being sell-outs.
Good bloody job or FIO would have been gunning for you.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Off to see William's play tonight. I note that only a few seats remain for tonight with both Friday and Saturday being sell-outs.
Enjoy, Bruce... Hope you do - it seems to be getting a v gd reception so far... :D :D :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:38 pm

William the White wrote:
Enjoy, Bruce... Hope you do - it seems to be getting a v gd reception so far... :D :D :D
Bravo - a superb play, accessible to all. Funny, sad, interesting, very well acted and a must watch for all.
The audience divided into three; those you'd only ever expect to see at The Reebok, those you'd only expect to see at The Octagon, and those that you're likely to see at both.
Everyone thouroughly enjoyed it, in fact, I've never seen such enthustiastic applause at the end of any play (a few standing ovations too).
To be honest, had I not liked it then I wouldn't have come on and said so, I'd simply have avoided passing any comment. As it is, I can't praise it enough. Very, very well done to all.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:
Bravo - a superb play, accessible to all. Funny, sad, interesting, very well acted and a must watch for all.
The audience divided into three; those you'd only ever expect to see at The Reebok, those you'd only expect to see at The Octagon, and those that you're likely to see at both.
Everyone thouroughly enjoyed it, in fact, I've never seen such enthustiastic applause at the end of any play (a few standing ovations too).
To be honest, had I not liked it then I wouldn't have come on and said so, I'd simply have avoided passing any comment. As it is, I can't praise it enough. Very, very well done to all.
V glad - and a little relieved - that you enjoyed. I'm going to see it tomorrow so will get an idea how it's developed since the press night... It's great that some 'non-theatre' audiences are forming...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:08 am

Busy day yesterday!

First up was my Christmas present off my daughter who bought me and my son-in-law an afternoon at Go Ape at Rivington. This is an aerial assault course with lots of cables stretched about 30 to 50 feet up in the trees. Much ladder climbing and tight rope walking between the trees in various ways and then a couple of slides down cables one of which is two hundred meters in length. I thought it was excellent despite the fact that I'm not exactly in the best shape for this sort of thing being 6'4", 17 stone and well beyond 50 years of age. As you might imagine the emphasis is very much on safety and at no time did I feel exposed to danger although there were a couple of moments of some difficulty for me when I had trouble summonsing the necessary strength to get over a hurdle. I'm good with heights generally and I never once thought I was in peril of instant death. Which is good.

We started at 2pm and at 5pm I had to give up as we came off the fourth set of obstacles (there are five sets altogether) as we then had just ninety minutes to get back over Barton Bridge, get washed and changed and get back to Bolton for our 6.30 meal in the Spotlight at the Octagon. Just made it despite yet another two vehicle collision on the top of the bridge which screwed traffic up for twenty minutes.

Last year when I purchased our season tickets for the Octagon it was 'And Did Those Feet' that persuading me to do so (although I didn't really need much persuading if I'm honest). I always thought it was going to be the highlight of the season and (so far) I wasn't wrong!

I just can't tell you how much I enjoyed this play! There were moments it made me swell with so much pride in my town and in my club! I laughed out loud many times and I wiped a tear from my eye many times too (in a manly way, of course). It was just such a wonderful evening out! If you've not bought tickets for this yet I'd like to know why not!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:55 pm

FAO London Whites.

if you had a choice between Clapham Common or Kentish Town - where would you live & why?

they are both the same distance from work, just whether i wanna head north or south every morning.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Kentish Town everytime for me. Interesting, quite a few good pubs, lots of good music on around the area for free or very cheap. Close to Camden, but also out of Camden. There's a belting mediterranean foods shop on the high street too. I loved it there when I lived there.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:Kentish Town everytime for me. Interesting, quite a few good pubs, lots of good music on around the area for free or very cheap. Close to Camden, but also out of Camden. There's a belting mediterranean foods shop on the high street too. I loved it there when I lived there.
hmm, i do fancy Kentish for those reasons, but ill be home at weekends so doubt ill be off out that much?

both rooms are the same price, the Clapham one is in a smart 4 bedroom house with one other person, female.
the Kentish one is in a little 2 bed flat with a gay bloke!

i dont have a problem with that btw, infact i reckon it'd be a laugh. but i wouldn't enjoy it if i had to listen to man sex all the time! eww

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Used to work in Clapham. I like it. Its not too far to Brixton etc, and its not a million miles from north of the river. And Clapham itself has some decent places to hang out. Depends where you're working, they are both on the Northern Line, but buses take ages, whereas North of the river buses tend to be easier but I hate the changes for the two Northern Line lines (if that makes sense? Look at a tube map, it will....).
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Used to work in Clapham. I like it. Its not too far to Brixton etc, and its not a million miles from north of the river. And Clapham itself has some decent places to hang out. Depends where you're working, they are both on the Northern Line, but buses take ages, whereas North of the river buses tend to be easier but I hate the changes for the two Northern Line lines (if that makes sense? Look at a tube map, it will....).
yeah I have the tube nailed, been staying at my mates near Balham, so its northern line to Stockwell, change to the Victoria line, which is mush quicker and quieter - and get of at Oxford circus or Warren street.

they are both about the same distance in either direction from work.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Are you working near Charlotte Street by any chance?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:45 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Kentish Town everytime for me. Interesting, quite a few good pubs, lots of good music on around the area for free or very cheap. Close to Camden, but also out of Camden. There's a belting mediterranean foods shop on the high street too. I loved it there when I lived there.
hmm, i do fancy Kentish for those reasons, but ill be home at weekends so doubt ill be off out that much?

both rooms are the same price, the Clapham one is in a smart 4 bedroom house with one other person, female.
the Kentish one is in a little 2 bed flat with a gay bloke!

i dont have a problem with that btw, infact i reckon it'd be a laugh. but i wouldn't enjoy it if i had to listen to man sex all the time! eww
There's loads of live music nights in and around Kentish Town during the week for cheap or free. If you'd be rarely going out at all then I'd go for the nicer flat.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Lived between Battersea and Clapham Junction for about three years, and loved it. The only problem is you are absolutely banjoed if there is the slightest problem on the southern bit of the Northern Line. Of which there are usually many. Nice shops on Northcote Road, though. And the Common is great in the summer. Lots of meeja types live round there.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Are you working near Charlotte Street by any chance?
yeah, not far.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Lived round there for nearly 4 years at the start of the decade. Theres some good boozers and restaurants around there.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:57 pm

I lived in Kentish Town yonks ago. Great place to live then. Tube and overground trains.

Also, if you want to go back up North at the weekend for a home game etc it's much easier to get on the M1 and you won't have to cross London on Sunday night on your way home.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:I lived in Kentish Town yonks ago. Great place to live then. Tube and overground trains.

Also, if you want to go back up North at the weekend for a home game etc it's much easier to get on the M1 and you won't have to cross London on Sunday night on your way home.
mate, dont worry about that - im on the first train outta this dump as soon as i get finished on a friday!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 pm

I went to see AND DID THOSE FEET... Thin audience - just over half full at a guess... but really nice, appreciative, audience, and the integrity of the production shone through...

Nice stuff, so grateful to these actors and this excellent director... :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:12 am

How long is it on for WtW? I'm back for Easter this weekend, and if it's still on and I can find someone to go with I may well check it out.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:35 am

Prufrock wrote:How long is it on for WtW? I'm back for Easter this weekend, and if it's still on and I can find someone to go with I may well check it out.
Until april 10 - if you are under 26 they have this really cheap offer - £4 I think - not available weekends...

anyway, details at...

www.octagonbolton.co.uk