Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Enjoy his set? I went to the Wildhearts anniversary gig at The Academy with a mate who is a big fan. Never really listened to them, but enjoyed the gig. Ginger played at the Dog and Partridge solo a couple of years ago believe it or not.

I do believe it. He did a Pledge album called 555% a couple of years ago. Part of the package was a meet and greet with Ginger at the D&P. I was talking to the guy in X Records when I was up at Christmas and he told me Ginger is in there all the time. Don't know if he lives in the area now......
I was surprised when he rocked up there, was away so missed it but apparently was a great night. The Dog has come great outdoor gigs in the summer.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 pm

At th'o2 now. Robbing bastards. Its dear getting pissed here!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Prufrock wrote:At th'o2 now. Robbing bastards. Its dear getting pissed here!
Have a good night, I'm sure he'll be on form. Not cheap at Manchester Arena, i shudder to think down there.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:18 am

Where's the best place to park if going to the Octagon tonight? The Octagon multi-storey shuts at 6, the show is at 8....

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 am

We always park on Central Street behind Blue Boar. Never had a problem, and free after 6pm. You'll love Hobsons Choice! We were there last night. Wonderful show packed with good humour.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:30 am

clapton is god wrote:You'll love Hobsons Choice! We were there last night. Wonderful show packed with good humour.
Do you have any option ?!

(Phnarr, phnarr)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:03 pm

clapton is god wrote:We always park on Central Street behind Blue Boar. Never had a problem, and free after 6pm. You'll love Hobsons Choice! We were there last night. Wonderful show packed with good humour.
Nice one.....not seeing Hobsons Choice though......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
clapton is god wrote:We always park on Central Street behind Blue Boar. Never had a problem, and free after 6pm. You'll love Hobsons Choice! We were there last night. Wonderful show packed with good humour.
Is it that Jack Whitehall gig tonight, Grunto?

Are you sure that the multi storey shuts at six? I thought it was a 24 hour affair. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 pm

Went to the new Alberts Shed in Swinton last night (That's cunningly called "Alberts, Worsley" on the website, even though it's nowhere near Worsley) They ran out of gas to get beer to the bar...

Bits of it seem to be falling apart already, it's pricey on drinks.

Food ok-ish. Won't be rushing back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Went to the new Alberts Shed in Swinton last night (That's cunningly called "Alberts, Worsley" on the website, even though it's nowhere near Worsley) They ran out of gas to get beer to the bar...

Whereabouts in Swine Town, Worthy? You've just reminded me, I'd better nip over and say hello to a few folk.

I see that Giggsy's taken over the Italian down by the roundabout. Now there was a place that nosedived.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Is it that Jack Whitehall gig tonight, Grunto?

Are you sure that the multi storey shuts at six? I thought it was a 24 hour affair. :?
It is. I thought so as well, but on the tickets it says it shuts at 6.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Went to the new Alberts Shed in Swinton last night (That's cunningly called "Alberts, Worsley" on the website, even though it's nowhere near Worsley) They ran out of gas to get beer to the bar...

Whereabouts in Swine Town, Worthy? You've just reminded me, I'd better nip over and say hello to a few folk.

I see that Giggsy's taken over the Italian down by the roundabout. Now there was a place that nosedived.
It's on the East Lancs, Swinton side of Moorside School, near the Worsley road junction, heading away from Manchester.

Apparently the Italian down in Worsley, "Georges" is allegedly ok, not been in myself though. It's just been "rebranded" he owned it when it was Milan...If that's the one you're on about?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:55 pm

By Charlie Brown's? :?

Didn't know that Giggs had it when it was Milano - BEN trumpeted it as a new acquisition. Anyway, my old nosebagging crew and I soon made our way back to the redoubtable Puccini's.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:By Charlie Brown's? :?

Didn't know that Giggs had it when it was Milano - BEN trumpeted it as a new acquisition. Anyway, my old nosebagging crew and I soon made our way back to the redoubtable Puccini's.
Diagonally opposite corner to Charlie Browns, then down the Lancs a couple of hundred yards. Where the Narrowboat/New Ellesmere/motel type place is/was.

Giggs was co-owner when it was Milan. Started out ok, then it seemed to go to shit.

Can't go far wrong at Puccini's.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Went to the Eagle & Child in Rammy today. Was bang on!

Relegates the Shoulder and the Fishermans to 2nd and 3rd choice go to places locally now. Provides a much friendlier less pretentious atmosphere to the them two too.

Roast beef was delicious, not quite Nutters good but not far off. Apple cheesecake with rum & raisins to finish was sensational.

Thwaites ales on tap too. I had a Lancaster bomber, a Wainwrights and a guest. Each perfect.

Loved it, didn't want to go home.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:58 am

Grunto - apparently Jack Whitehall was superb. I'd need some convincing myself though. Oh, and about a half of the audience was made up of people that work at The Octagon, the blighters.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:By Charlie Brown's? :?

Diagonally opposite corner to Charlie Browns, then down the Lancs a couple of hundred yards. Where the Narrowboat/New Ellesmere/motel type place is/was.

Giggs was co-owner when it was Milan. Started out ok, then it seemed to go to shit.

Can't go far wrong at Puccini's.
Milan really was fvckin' dreadful. In there once for a mates birthday and the waiters were chowing down on a domino's pizza.. Which tells its own story.

George's will go the same way with the same staff and management. Buck up their ideas for a few months, get people back into the place, then cut back and serve shit produce at top end prices. They'll have to rebrand again in 2 years.

Also, if anyone has the money... Huss is selling Grenache. Wants £400k for it as he's taking "reluctant retirement". 36 covers, fetches a turnover of over a quarter of a million a year. Circumstances have meant he's had to close it 3 nights a week instead of 2 for the past 12 months, so I think it's linked to that.

Also wants any potential buyer to keep the place's staff and integrity, which is key to the success of the place IMO.

Shame he's going. Wasn't everyones cup of tea, but a great host and a passionate business owner.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:36 pm

i'm over that way on Thursday, catching up with old friends, but we're going to the revamped Worsley Old Hall, which I've heard nowt but good about (some of it on here).

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 am

Tonight I'm going to Band on the Wall to watch the Aristocrats.
Saturday night I managed to snaffle some tickets to see Prince at the Academy.

PEEL ME OFF THE CEILING PLEASE!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:08 am

General Mannerheim wrote:I generally pitch up when ive nowt better to do, usually on a Monday or Tesday evening and get in the returns queue.. but if you can sort somthing that would be great. Hectic few weeks now though in the run up to crimbo, but definitely plan to see it before the 20th Dec.
You seen this yet, General?

My mate's starting to get some more discounted tickets now.

I went on a freebie last night (as it happens, he's on holiday and we saw his understudy) and it was.... meh.

These two reviews say it perfectly for me.

The comment under the Guardian one made me laugh.

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/londonth ... ents13.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2013/o ... ew-musical" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families