Winter ashes...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Winter ashes...

Post by Dujon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Aye, Worthy, but look what's happened since. :smile:

Oh, yes: Another shellacking last night. In football terms that makes it P12 : W1 : D0 : L11. As a neutral in Ashes series that makes for sad reading. It must be worse for most of you lot.

Monty, re the PM's XI. Our previous Liberal PM was a cricket 'tragic' and attended as many tests as his duties would permit. Our current Liberal PM has other interests. He competes in triathlons, is a member of his local surf club and does his rosters when he can and is a member of his local Rural Fire Service and turns out for them as well. This is not some sort of vote catching epiphany as he's been doing all of those activities since he was a youngster. Whilst the SLA and RFS members are volunteers they must undergo rigorous training before being accepted as full time members.

Now, back to the cricket.
Oh, I forgot, it's all done and dusted.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Pietersen told he no longer fits into Englands plans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26040475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:55 pm

jaffka wrote:Pietersen told he no longer fits into Englands plans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26040475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good. They should never have reinstated him after the Strauss fall-out.

Only ever concerned about himself. As destructive as a very destructive thing indeed.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:52 am

Right there, Bobo!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 am

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:Pietersen told he no longer fits into Englands plans.

Good. They should never have reinstated him after the Strauss fall-out.

Only ever concerned about himself. As destructive as a very destructive thing indeed.
Totally agree. I struggle to think of a any sportsman I've disliked as much as that selfish nice person. I hope he slinks off to the IPL and we see as little as possible of him in future. I don't care how good he was.
That other arrogant arse Vaughan is weighing in with the old 'well i could deal with him, so...' Totally different group, younger Pietersen, not worthy of comparison. Vaughan wins the prize for smuggest ex pro and I can't stand him either.
Like you say Pietersen should never have been near the England squad again after the disgraceful text thing. And when your main defender is Piers Morgan, well...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:09 pm

I still cant understand why Flower left. After the disaster of the previous Ashes we had 2 options:
1. try to pick up all the pieces with our successful team who have had one awful Ashes series but 3 good ones
2. Clear house not just Flower and KP - get rid of Cook as well and start again.
Instead we have done something in the middle.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:43 pm

This'll be the ECB's 'Beckham' moment. They'll be cap in hand to him by the next Ashes. Outrageous decision.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:This'll be the ECB's 'Beckham' moment. They'll be cap in hand to him by the next Ashes. Outrageous decision.
Doubt it very much. Clearly undermined the last 2 captains and coaches and it looks like he deliberately went against the team plan in the last series. Anyone else would never have been allowed back after the Strauss thing. Never has the phrase no player is bigger than the team been more apt.
I can't think of a single sportsman I dislike as much as him so I certainly hope we see as little as possible of him in the future.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:This'll be the ECB's 'Beckham' moment. They'll be cap in hand to him by the next Ashes. Outrageous decision.
You listen to Talksport as well?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:45 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
No. Why? Even if I did I couldn't just now.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
It's just they said exactly the same thing....you're as smart as Adrian Durham.... :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
It's just they said exactly the same thing....you're as smart as Adrian Durham.... :wink:
Seriously? Then I withdraw my half-arsed opinion immediately :)

Seriously - first thought to enter my head when I heard, and I'm sticking by it.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Seriously? Then I withdraw my half-arsed opinion immediately :)

Seriously - first thought to enter my head when I heard, and I'm sticking by it.
Seriously......heard it on the drive home....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Talksport are bound to back him. Firstly he's mates with that gormless nice person Gough, secondly there's more mileage in whipping up a white van man frenzy by taking that stance.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Talksport are bound to back him. Firstly he's mates with that gormless tw*t Gough, secondly there's more mileage in whipping up a white van man frenzy by taking that stance.

Indeed. I've absolutely no doubt that their coffers will have been swelled a plenty by an endless procession Terrys from Essex phoning in with their tuppenny ha'penny worths about Carroll's appeal getting lobbed out. :lol: