creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Dujon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:37 pm

It's cliché time, folks!

Today it's the press battle of the OK coral; ex-captain vs ex-captain, commentator vs commentator. It's as bad as a disorganised tea party with the guests using cricket balls and stumps rather than bread rolls and éclairs. May the gods help us if they bring out something that looks like a lamington but isn't a lamington. Anyway it's all a storm in a teacup from where I stand - after all management stirring up a few of the staff is hardly original is it? You cannot sweeten discipline with sugar coated pills doncha know? What's the world coming to? I'd like to remind certain people that representing your country brings with it the responsibility of living up to your position as an idol to thousands upon thousands of up-and-coming young players. Now, get out there and play the game as the game should be played, but whilst you are out there it's important to remember that winning is not everything.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 pm

I think we have a bit of a stand off between Clarke and Watson developing especially being the characters they are. I think beleive it or not cricket Australia were right to drop the 4 players, at the end of the day they were set with a task of looking at way to improve the team after 2 humiliating defeats to India, not doing so by the four in question says basically we do not care about improving Australian cricket, it is as simple as that and these players desereved to be dropped for howing just how little they care about their jobs, the Australian cricket team and the Australian public. Well done cricket Australia for taking a stand against those who take their positions in life for granted. Hopefully Watson will retire because he is the only player in thaty team that can have an impact on a test match both with the bat and ball and is hugely important to that Australian team.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 am

Ah well, someone had to be serious. :wink:

Dan, I have no idea at all as to what's going on the Australian dressing room at the moment. I would though surmise that the thrashings the team has suffered in the first two test matches would weigh heavily on the minds of those who are there to guide the team. Watson being hugely important? Not really. As an all-rounder he's fine, but as a batsman, opener or otherwise, I'm surprised that he's in the touring squad. If the story regarding non-compliance with a request to contribute to a team discussion about its performances is correct then he and his cohorts are barmy. :conf:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Dujon wrote:Ah well, someone had to be serious. :wink:

Dan, I have no idea at all as to what's going on the Australian dressing room at the moment. I would though surmise that the thrashings the team has suffered in the first two test matches would weigh heavily on the minds of those who are there to guide the team. Watson being hugely important? Not really. As an all-rounder he's fine, but as a batsman, opener or otherwise, I'm surprised that he's in the touring squad. If the story regarding non-compliance with a request to contribute to a team discussion about its performances is correct then he and his cohorts are barmy. :conf:
Bad result for the boys in gold and green, another test match pounding and when I look at the scorecard I ask myself whether the U.S have sent a side out to the sub continent rather than the aussies. To make things worse for the aussies Michael Clarke has been really sh*t. I guess the questions I am trying to ask those of you 10000 miles away is.....

1. Has Michael Clarke already cracked under the strains of having the most difficult captaincy job in world cricket and is he good enough to be Australia captain both in the short term and the long term?

2. Has Australia got the worst team it has ever had and are they going to be whitewashed by England in the summer in the same casual way they are about to be by India?

3.Is Australian cricket on a downward spiral?

4. Finally why on earth was Clarke stupid enough to embarrass himself and his country in that 2nd test by declaring and then watching in horror as India amassed such a big total that Australia could not reach it in their second innings and therefore meant that the Indians won the test match having to only bat once?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Backwards, Dan:

4) Clarke declared with 9 wickets down. I don't know, obviously, but my guess is that he wanted to get India on the crease before the end of the day's play.

3) I doubt it. As has been mentioned before, the selectors have been chopping and changing the teams quite a bit; to an extent an horrific run of injuries contributed to this. For some odd reason Australia rarely performs well in India. That's not much of an excuse for them but it's pretty much true.

2) They've certainly copped a drubbing in this series but whether it's the worst team Australia has ever fielded? Certainly not. It might well be among the most unsettled teams, though (and that's ignoring whatever it is that's been going on in the pavilion dressing room).

1) No. At least not publicly. Look up his record since the captaincy was draped around his shoulders. There come times when he can be unconventional or innovative when it comes to 'marshalling the troops' when in the field. My impression is that these unexpected decisions provide results more often than they are futile.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... view=match" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Please remember that he, along with other team members, has been carrying an injury over that last few months. According to the radio news the other day there's a chance that he won't play the final test versus India due to that injury not being sorted out. Media hyperbole? I don't know but I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to critiquing his performances over the last two or three months.

Dan, these are my own opinions and are formed by casual references to match reports and are most certainly not the results of an in-depth analyses of the team and its individual members as might be expressed by an expert. :smile:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 am

Dujon wrote:Backwards, Dan:

4) Clarke declared with 9 wickets down. I don't know, obviously, but my guess is that he wanted to get India on the crease before the end of the day's play.

3) I doubt it. As has been mentioned before, the selectors have been chopping and changing the teams quite a bit; to an extent an horrific run of injuries contributed to this. For some odd reason Australia rarely performs well in India. That's not much of an excuse for them but it's pretty much true.

2) They've certainly copped a drubbing in this series but whether it's the worst team Australia has ever fielded? Certainly not. It might well be among the most unsettled teams, though (and that's ignoring whatever it is that's been going on in the pavilion dressing room).

1) No. At least not publicly. Look up his record since the captaincy was draped around his shoulders. There come times when he can be unconventional or innovative when it comes to 'marshalling the troops' when in the field. My impression is that these unexpected decisions provide results more often than they are futile.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... view=match" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Please remember that he, along with other team members, has been carrying an injury over that last few months. According to the radio news the other day there's a chance that he won't play the final test versus India due to that injury not being sorted out. Media hyperbole? I don't know but I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to critiquing his performances over the last two or three months.

Dan, these are my own opinions and are formed by casual references to match reports and are most certainly not the results of an in-depth analyses of the team and its individual members as might be expressed by an expert. :smile:
Fair enough, so what you think Australia are going to send at least a part competitive team here in the summer and not fall on their a** like they have done in this series.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 am

Jaysus wept. Talk abou jinxing.

The Aussies will send a seriouly strong team. We are domed.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 pm

I don't think there's a lot to worry about for England supporters. Watson is Australia's vice-captain at the moment. If there is some sort of tension between him and Clarke then I'd be leaving him out of the squad. To my thinking there has been so much chopping and changing in the Australian team that it's going to be difficult for the selectors to choose a balanced squad. It applies right through from No1 to No11. As already mentioned, injuries have been a devilment for the last couple of years. At one stage a local newspaper showed a list of possible candidates for the fast bowling positions. 6 of the top ten (or eight, I can't recall) were in dry dock. Starc is a damned good bowler and can wield the willow as well, if not better, than many middle order batsmen - although perhaps not as consistently - plus I read somewhere this morning that he is now going for surgery! I'm going to assume that Haddin and Wade will be the two 'keepers to tour but as to which will take the field is anyone's guess. Spinners? - toss a coin. Lyon will probably be one but he was taken to the cleaners by the Indians at times.

It's all a bit of a muddle, Dan. In a nutshell: Australia don't have the spinners to put fear into England's batsmen, who are well versed in the art of playing them; Fast bowlers should be fair but not fearsome; Opening combination (batting) is still a sticking point; None of the Australian batsmen, with the possible exception of Clarke, could be said to play against spin with any modicum of aplomb.

So, Dan, in my opinion only, those with the three lions embroidered on their shirts have the upper hand at the moment. At the same time I'm sure that the Australian's will put up a fight and rise to the occasion (I'll be disappointed if they don't) but will fail to win the series.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Out of interest Dujon, where do your sporting loyalties lie? Aussies, Brits, or whoever wins :D?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:08 am

Neither, Pru. As I mentioned - after the above post - to Dan on a different thread. I am strictly neutral when it comes to the Ashes. In most ways it's a great attitude; I have no need to 'support' either team and can sit, watch or read about the game and thus enjoy the derring-do on the field rather than experience the ups and downs of partisanship. :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 am

Just don't bring Shane Warne back. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 am

Dujon wrote:Neither, Pru. As I mentioned - after the above post - to Dan on a different thread. I am strictly neutral when it comes to the Ashes. In most ways it's a great attitude; I have no need to 'support' either team and can sit, watch or read about the game and thus enjoy the derring-do on the field rather than experience the ups and downs of partisanship. :mrgreen:
for me - that would take all the fun out of it... it's the reason I don't watch any sport where I am strictly neutral...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 am

thebish wrote:
Dujon wrote:Neither, Pru. As I mentioned - after the above post - to Dan on a different thread. I am strictly neutral when it comes to the Ashes. In most ways it's a great attitude; I have no need to 'support' either team and can sit, watch or read about the game and thus enjoy the derring-do on the field rather than experience the ups and downs of partisanship. :mrgreen:
for me - that would take all the fun out of it... it's the reason I don't watch any sport where I am strictly neutral...
World championship all-female mud wrestling for instance?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just don't bring Shane Warne back. :wink:
"I have been waiting 2 years to embarrass you, again"

"Looks like you've spent it eating"

:lol: , still cracks me up and I have a whole book of them, in fact next time this thread dies down for a few days I will pull a few out there.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
World championship all-female mud wrestling for instance?
buffy vs willow?? :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Gosh have been watching Windies vs. Zimbabwe and it is nothing short of amazing just how bad Zimbabwe are, generally the worst possible scenario you can think of for Zimbabwe in this series has been exactly what has happened. The 1st test only lasted 3 days with Windies only having to bat once. Looks like the same thing is going to happen again in this test match :wall: .

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Do any of the cricket lovers of The Wanderer think that this test match isnot going to end today or can we all agree that this is going to be another pointless 3 day test match?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Do any of the cricket lovers of The Wanderer think that this test match isnot going to end today or can we all agree that this is going to be another pointless 3 day test match?
Guess my new avatar, those currently living in Australia now, have a distinct advantage.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Why an avatar of Aaron Finch? Not that I'd know him from a bar of soap, mind. :smile:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Dujon wrote:Why an avatar of Aaron Finch? Not that I'd know him from a bar of soap, mind. :smile:
Don't know just has always been one of my favourite cricketers, another young Aussie I tipped for big things who has not really made it.