What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:46 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:See! No toast. :-)

did it??? 8)
did it what??? 8)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:See! No toast. :-)

Coulda sworn that picture just changed...
this one has a toast..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JBGh8InA7xY/T ... 0_001.jpeg

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:48 pm

That picture is bigger than the internet...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Chick pea velouté, then beef carpaccio, then pasta and calamari with tomato and basil, just now - rabbit on polenta with onions and spinach and some or other jus, and some bread. Hope that's it as I'm flup now! Oh, and some beer and some wine and some water.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Chick pea velouté, then beef carpaccio, then pasta and calamari with tomato and basil, just now - rabbit on polenta with onions and spinach and some or other jus, and some bread. Hope that's it as I'm flup now! Oh, and some beer and some wine and some water.
My guess is you are not home alone...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:41 am

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Chick pea velouté, then beef carpaccio, then pasta and calamari with tomato and basil, just now - rabbit on polenta with onions and spinach and some or other jus, and some bread. Hope that's it as I'm flup now! Oh, and some beer and some wine and some water.
My guess is you are not home alone...
Indeed - then came the white chocolate ginache on coffee cream with chocolate crumble :-)

I've got it all to do again tonight. Tomorrows parkrun's going to feel like its 100 miles long :?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 am

Ginache? Is that an affliction brought on by too much Tanqueray?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Delightful day for gourmets today. Continental market on the town hall square and a glorious spring day for it. The food smells were superb everywhere from a Celtic hog-roast, Polish goulashe and sausages, Indian curry you could have started a fire with, a Spanish guy singing along to Gypsy Kings music as he stirred two massive platters of meat paella and the big hamburger stall with those lovely bratwurst sausage hot-dogs. Wife had already sorted tea, so I could only drool. With the sunshine, flowering shrubs and the waterfalls in full flow, just for a short time today the town centre was a lovely place to be. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Five course dinner on Thursday
Five course dinner last night
Curry night at my mate's tonight.

No points soup and dust for a week then. :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 pm

El aire libre dining today. Steak and onions, boiled and roast spuds, peas, carrots cauliflour and a large jug of the wife's gravy. All followed by (and I admit I'd never heard of it)..
something I was informed by my daughter was Eton mess. It was some rhubarby yoghurt thing all mixed up with meringue and whatever, a slice of chocolate fudge cake and topped with fresh stawberries and cream. :shock:

It was rather disgustingly good. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:26 am

I've just given £250,000 to the Tory party - so tonight I'm having a private dinner in the cosy kitchen with Big Dave and Sam Cam... dunno what's on the menu though... (am gonna float some of Hobo's policy ideas for the number 10 policy unit)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 am

Cereal for breakfast today (rather then chocolate) for the first time in weeks. I'm such a good girl. *halo*

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Cereal for breakfast today (rather then chocolate) for the first time in weeks. I'm such a good girl. *halo*
I bet you reward yourself with some chocolate before the morning is out... :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 am

this morning I had a pretty awesome toasted panini bacon* buttie with ketchup and a big mug of strong tea.

YUM!

(*pretend quorn bacon)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 am

Pretend quorn bacon?! :vomit:

Am gonna make you a PROPER bacon sandwich and bring it on the rescue - you know you want it ;)

And - thanks for the vote of confidence ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:45 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Pretend quorn bacon?! :vomit:

Am gonna make you a PROPER bacon sandwich and bring it on the rescue - you know you want it ;)

I bet it was tastier than your cereal!

(here little piggy - GG wants to painfully slaughter you and slice your flesh for her buttie...)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 am

thebish wrote:

(here little piggy - GG wants to painfully slaughter you and slice your flesh for her buttie...)
Oh shush you! (organic meat generally comes from abattoirs near where the pigs live. They are killed quickly and don't have the stress of long travel - and don't pretend to care about the Ickes piggy wiggys when we both know that you're a vegetarian purely cos Mrs Bish is ;) )

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:51 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:

Oh shush you! (organic meat generally comes from abattoirs near where the pigs live. They are killed quickly and don't have the stress of long travel - and don't pretend to care about the Ickes piggy wiggys when we both know that you're a vegetarian purely cos Mrs Bish is ;) )
of course they are... there is no link between summat being described as "organic" and the way it is killed or how far it travels to be killed (except, of course, they cannot be killed buy a drugs overdose!)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:53 am

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:

of course they are... there is no link between summat being described as "organic" and the way it is killed or how far it travels to be killed (except, of course, they cannot be killed buy a drugs overdose!)

Stands to reason that organic farmers are generally more compassionate and wanting the est for their animals so they would make slaughter as stress free as possible.

Look, I'm trying to ease my guilty conscience here. You don't make it easy! ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:01 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:

Stands to reason that organic farmers are generally more compassionate and wanting the est for their animals so they would make slaughter as stress free as possible.

Look, I'm trying to ease my guilty conscience here. You don't make it easy! ;)
I'm not sure all "organic" farmers are in it for compassionate reasons... there's money to be made in organic farming...