What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:11 am

Oh shush you! :P

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:13 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Oh shush you! (organic meat generally comes from abattoirs near where the pigs live. They are killed quickly and don't have the stress of long travel
Where on earth have you got that from? :shock: I'll tell you exactly what happens if you like.

PS. I bet you had coco pops ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Oh shush you! (organic meat generally comes from abattoirs near where the pigs live. They are killed quickly and don't have the stress of long travel
Where on earth have you got that from? :shock: I'll tell you exactly what happens if you like.

I know what happens and your farming experience was decades ago. Things have changed in most places since then. It's far more regulated now.

And no I didn't - so nerr! :P

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I know what happens and your farming experience was decades ago. Things have changed in most places since then. It's far more regulated now.

And no I didn't - so nerr! :P
We used to take them to this place that I could only ever describe as being barbaric. Absolutely stomach churning.

Anyway - my mate that works for Kelloggs has sent me a load of boxes of these. Was going to share them with my brothers' kids, but they're way too nice for them :P

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 pm

All these pigs, cows, lambs etc are only there because humans want to eat them.

I've never ever understood vegetarians who are so because they don't like the thought of hurting animals.

I get those that don't like meat, or want the health benefits? etc...

But those animals are bred for eating.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:All these pigs, cows, lambs etc are only there because humans want to eat them.

I've never ever understood vegetarians who are so because they don't like the thought of hurting animals.

Yes, but the animals dont know that.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:34 pm

They'd not even be alive if folk didn't eat them though.

And I don't trust cows. Playing thick. They're plotting. I'm on a one man crusade to kill them off, smothered in a nice peppercorn sauce.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:They'd not even be alive if folk didn't eat them though.

And I don't trust cows. Playing thick. They're plotting. I'm on a one man crusade to kill them off, smothered in a nice peppercorn sauce.
:lol: Oh aye they taste lovely, particularly bacon but if there's one thing that would make me give up meat it would be the thought of an animal being distressed just prior to its execution.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Broccoli has feelings too!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

:lol: Oh aye they taste lovely, particularly bacon but if there's one thing that would make me give up meat it would be the thought of an animal being distressed just prior to its execution.
Why? I don't get that at all. They are bred for eating. No other purpose to them.

Does a lion get upset cos it's prey suffers? Does it fook.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Why? I don't get that at all. They are bred for eating. No other purpose to them.

no - but they get very upset when people misuse apostrophes....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:All these pigs, cows, lambs etc are only there because humans want to eat them.

Yes, but the animals dont know that.
Which, to be honest, is just as well. Now that WOULD be cruel.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:20 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

no - but they get very upset when people misuse apostrophes....
Sorry that's the IPads fault.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:23 pm

dunno what it is with you militant meat-eaters - If it's OK with you I'll continue not eating meat. is that OK?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 pm

thebish wrote:dunno what it is with you militant meat-eaters - If it's OK with you I'll continue not eating meat. is that OK?
Mooooooooo!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 am

I spent years eating and loving meat, in the case of beef, the bloodier the better...

And the bacon buttie with mustard was the go-to for snack...

Turns my stomach now (but didn't prevent me making a hotpot for fifteen on Saturday - i ate the veggie tagine option)...

Now I eat chicken and fish, so far from a real veggie...

But the one i can't figure is all these animal lovers who really love cuddling these glorious creatures, and rescuing them from cruelty, and... err... eating them...

If you love em so much, stop eating em... If they had voices and could speak they would definitely say... Please don't eat me and my little children...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 am

So is this now the thread where everybody tells everybody else how much better they are than them, because of a lifestyle choice?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 am

William the White wrote:
But the one i can't figure is all these animal lovers who really love cuddling these glorious creatures, and rescuing them from cruelty, and... err... eating them...

If you love em so much, stop eating em... If they had voices and could speak they would definitely say... Please don't eat me and my little children...
it's not my particular position - but it really isn't THAT hard to figure - surely??

It is entirely consistent to have a love of animals whilst at the same time abhorring factory farming methods (and doing your part to alleviate that). If such a person still believes (entirely appropriately and with millions of other people) that it is OK for humans to eat animals, then such a person will take steps only to eat meat that they know or believe has been humanely reared and killed.

of course - such a person will slip up every now and again. But my experience of life tells me that there are precious few people who live their lives entirely consistently with their principles/beliefs - I certainly don't - we are all to some extent inconsistent. I'd wager a guess that even you are! :wink:

I have been a veggie for nearly 30yrs - but now I have started eating fish... I will also eat polo mints if someone offers me one at a game.. I've been known to wear shoes that have leather in them... that's inconsistent - and probably worthy of your ire... but - hey, that's life...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:24 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:

it's not my particular position - but it really isn't THAT hard to figure - surely??

It is entirely consistent to have a love of animals whilst at the same time abhorring factory farming methods (and doing your part to alleviate that). If such a person still believes (entirely appropriately and with millions of other people) that it is OK for humans to eat animals, then such a person will take steps only to eat meat that they know or believe has been humanely reared and killed.

of course - such a person will slip up every now and again. But my experience of life tells me that there are precious few people who live their lives entirely consistently with their principles/beliefs - I certainly don't - we are all to some extent inconsistent. I'd wager a guess that even you are! :wink:

I have been a veggie for nearly 30yrs - but now I have started eating fish... I will also eat polo mints if someone offers me one at a game.. I've been known to wear shoes that have leather in them... that's inconsistent - and probably worthy of your ire... but - hey, that's life...
Oh, I agree... I don't have much ire about it... just don't get it...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 pm

William - Aldi are doing a 2006 Rioja Reseva at £5.99 a bottle. Get onto it, my friend. ;)