Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:53 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I've been seeing a client for a few weeks now. She's only young and crippled by anxiety, but yesterday she came in and said " Thank you for making me better, I've bought you a present". I was delighted, until she followed up with " I've got you these shortbread, I know old people like them". Gutted.
On a similair theme I stepped onto a crowded tube train yesterday only for a young man to offer me his seat. :hang:
Blimey Gaz. That's a shaker.

I gave my tube seat up for a pregnant woman about a year ago. She promptly sat her 3 year old in it !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Today, I've taken delivery of my winter logs. £160 and they should keep my wood burner (Yes, Bish, one of those)going for nearly 12 months. The bad news is having to hand ball 3 cubic metres of logs through to the back of the house. Back. Fecking. Killing. Me.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Koln v Mainz.

Fantastic atmosphere and big crowd (47000). Bright opening 10 minutes followed by 80 minutes of tedium. There were 16 goals in the other 4 Bundesliga games. Ours was goalless. That's 2 games in Germany I've watched and I've yet to see a goal and that's the 5th match I've attended this season and I've witnessed 'my' team score 1. I feckin hate football sometimes :|
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:51 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Koln v Mainz.

Fantastic atmosphere and big crowd (47000). Bright opening 10 minutes followed by 80 minutes of tedium. There were 16 goals in the other 4 Bundesliga games. Ours was goalless. That's 2 games in Germany I've watched and I've yet to see a goal and that's the 5th match I've attended this season and I've witnessed 'my' team score 1. I feckin hate football sometimes :|
Good to see you're taking the spirit of Bolton, over there. At least you have better beer.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Good to see you're taking the spirit of Bolton, over there. At least you have better beer.
Aye, I feel a but guilty for inflicting the Bolton kiss of death upon them. You're right about the beer though! :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:42 am

Worthy4England wrote:

And it only costs about €15.00 to get in. He's as fecking miserable as his brother!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Bemused about all the fuss over whether CofE should be allowed to stick an advert before the new Star Wars film.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:Bemused about all the fuss over whether CofE should be allowed to stick an advert before the new Star Wars film.
Simple. It's a religious thing. The Church of Profit and Money doesn't want to risk upsetting potential donators by promoting one rogue outsider over others. They're not only here for the beer... :wink:

"If anybody is ‘offended’ by something so trivial as a prayer, they deserve to be offended.” Richard Dawkins.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:10 am

I'm not fussed by it, but surely there are better things to spending their money on, like fixing churches and heating them in winter. No wonder numbers are down...brassic in them.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:05 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm not fussed by it, but surely there are better things to spending their money on, like fixing churches and heating them in winter. No wonder numbers are down...brassic in them.
<< Even in Sandland ? How are the churches over there these days ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:44 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm not fussed by it, but surely there are better things to spending their money on, like fixing churches and heating them in winter. No wonder numbers are down...brassic in them.
<< Even in Sandland ? How are the churches over there these days ?
Haven't been in one here, so couldn't say. Starting to get cold now, so they might also benefit from a bit of heat :)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Bemused about all the fuss over whether CofE should be allowed to stick an advert before the new Star Wars film.
Simple. It's a religious thing. The Church of Profit and Money doesn't want to risk upsetting potential donators by promoting one rogue outsider over others. They're not only here for the beer... :wink:

"If anybody is ‘offended’ by something so trivial as a prayer, they deserve to be offended.” Richard Dawkins.
Well, on the one hand, absolutely. It strikes me as a ridiculous thing to say that anybody might be offended by it and you beat me to quoting Dawkins on this.

On the other hand, it's also, frankly, ridiculous of the church to start complaining that this has lead to a "chilling effect on free speech". These cinemas are private companies and, as patronising as their attitude is that their audiences can't watch religious or political adverts without crumbling under the offence of it all, it's an attitude they're entitled to take, no? It's not like they're showing adverts by the Jews and the Muslims and the Catholics and the Atheists, just not those CofE rabble-rousers - in fact Andrew Copson from the BHA was interviewed and said they constantly get knocked back for adverts by organisations that want to be apolitical and he was surprised the church had bothered even trying with the cinemas.

Still, the cynic in me notes that this campaign has now got infinitely more publicity than it might have done had the advert quietly been shown, so maybe this church lot know what they're doing when it comes to propaganda ;).

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

1) It wasn't banned.
2) Nobody has claimed to be offended by it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Still, the cynic in me notes that this campaign has now got infinitely more publicity than it might have done had the advert quietly been shown, so maybe this church lot know what they're doing when it comes to propaganda ;).
Indeed. It's all moot points and storms in teacups anyway. Remember all the hoo-ha about Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code film of the book, and all those supposedly irate on behalf of the Catholic church, apart from, apparently, the Catholic Church via The Vatican, who found it offensive granted and refused to let it be filmed in churches. When interviewed on behalf of the Vatican the spokesman just laughed. Didn't stop it making a lot of money, and likewise the sequel Angels and Demons which was much more about The Vatican and religion and might not have made quite as much but for the "adverse" publicity . Not a day goes by without some mention of God, prayer, religion etc in general life. We just had Rememberence Sunday and universal prayer for those who died in France. Each week Songs of Praise airs on Sunday T.V. No debates, no outrage. It just rebounds on the protestors and creates a win-win in reverse.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:02 pm

I'll bet they wouldn't dare ban Muslim ones would they eh? nudge eh? Innit!

I've seen someone post that on Facebook.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:47 pm

we had to have summat for the papers to get in a twist about to rival the american national breakdown over starbucks christmas cups... :roll:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Did somebody mention "winterval"? :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:04 pm

I was ported into a scene from the film Love Actually today whilst buying Xmas pressies for Mrs AT. The scene with Rowan Atkinson, but I was actually buying the Mrs a present as there isn't a 'Bit on the Side AT'! It took longer to wrap the pressie than it took to drive to the shops :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:47 pm

:| I can hear the sound of Christmas deccies heading out of the attic....Merry Christmas everyone.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote::| I can hear the sound of Christmas deccies heading out of the attic....Merry Christmas everyone.

blimey - really??

when did this association of christmas with 1st december (not that we're even at 1st december yet!) happen???

if i had my way - christmas starts at midnight on christmas eve

granted I may have to be more flexible than that - then I'd accept decorations up 2 weeks (at MOST) before christmas day...

but - NOVEMBER????

by all means nput your advent calendar up - or your fire-hazard blue-peter tinsel coathanger advent candles if you really want summat to do!