Who would be more unbearable if they win the Champs League?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The lesser of two evils but whatever...

Man United
47%
Liverpool
53%

Total votes: 32

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed May 02, 2007 12:00 pm

blurred wrote:They sound like Soccer AM tw*ts to me. I'm glad they don't go to the game, because then I don't have to associate with them. Sadly we do attract an inordinately large amount of whoppers who claim to support Liverpool.
This is even more bizarre: there's a guy in my local who I've known for about 7 years and he was a Liverpool fan all that time, went to a lot of games, seemed a die-hard fan. January this year, he got made redundant and started working with a die-hard Manc from Salford, and now he's a regular at Old Trafford and frequently comes out with the most vile abuse aimed at scousers I've ever heard!
Mental.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed May 02, 2007 12:13 pm

You do know some weird types, Lennon. I have to say that I haven't encountered any of these crossover fans you speak of.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 02, 2007 12:17 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:You do know some weird types, Lennon. I have to say that I haven't encountered any of these crossover fans you speak of.
Ditto. This is a thread in itself, no?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed May 02, 2007 12:22 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:You do know some weird types, Lennon. I have to say that I haven't encountered any of these crossover fans you speak of.
I know loads of them. Those are the two most extreme examples though.

All the others are pretty common - Blackburn fans who supported them when they won the title then deserted them when they got relegated to Div 1, Preston fans who only come out of the woodwork when they're in the play-offs, a couple of Leeds fans who don't speak about them any more, etc.

It's incomprehensible to me that anyone could ever stop supporting their club, never mind switch to someone else.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ditto. This is a thread in itself, no?
Good point. I have drifted drastically off-topic.