Tango's off to the Costa

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:28 pm

communistworkethic wrote:just have a supply of fresh glasses by it
I'm not so sure that you've quite taken my point there, fella. Firstly, if you or I decide to have our existing glass re-filled, then how come we're not seen as being of a mental capability by which we are able to decide that for ourselves? Especially being as we were deemed bright enough to have voted one way or another in the very election that elected the very people that now have us down as being simpletons, into office in the first place? A pile of fresh glasses would of course serve as a remedy in certain establishments. In others, merely as 'more amo'. Ultimately, my point being, the phrase "Stick another one in there" now means that you're asking the person behind the bar to perform an illegal act. Personally, I feel perfectly capable of requesting a drink, and also of making a choice of vessel, prior to pourage, without high on mighty instruction!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'm not so sure that you've quite taken my point there, fella. Firstly, if you or I decide to have our existing glass re-filled, then how come we're not seen as being of a mental capability by which we are able to decide that for ourselves? Especially being as we were deemed bright enough to have voted one way or another in the very election that elected the very people that now have us down as being simpletons, into office in the first place? A pile of fresh glasses would of course serve as a remedy in certain establishments. In others, merely as 'more amo'. Ultimately, my point being, the phrase "Stick another one in there" now means that you're asking the person behind the bar to perform an illegal act. Personally, I feel perfectly capable of requesting a drink, and also of making a choice of vessel, prior to pourage, without high on mighty instruction!
Once upon a time, in the "Land of Ask no questions, just hear and obey" etc etc.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:05 pm

Sounds good TANGO,

Please don't post any snaps of you in Speedos (Not Gary)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:22 pm

Batman wrote:Sounds good TANGO,

Please don't post any snaps of you in Speedos (Not Gary)
Well, since you asked, I do happen to have...... :mrgreen:

Hope you're kidding. I'd much rather take photos than be in them. Got about ten films I've taken and never yet had developed.Lord knows what's on them...I don't. As for Speedos, it's either a pair of "Ain't half hot Mum" off-white plimsols or my newer trainers (navy blue boat style goloshers, £4-99 from some shop on Newport Street). Never did understand the Brit fixation about going on holiday in the latest oferings from JJB Sports.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:31 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
you'll be wanting to take your own tankard next
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house